Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Can Everyone Please Shut Up About Mountfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can Everyone Please Shut Up About Mountfield.

D Mountfield is gone and the chances of him coming back are very slim. All I read on this phorum is what Mountfield would have done and how he's so much better than Gunter. Mountfield wasn't a leader and for all his good ideas he was never in charge and he didn't show enough authority or influence to get the message across.
    While I agree we need a professional manager/coach with experience, looking back to the Mountfield days isn't helping anyone. It saddens me to think that we're less professional in every respect than we were this time last season but to go forward we must look forward and only look back to learn from our mistakes. I'm amazed that successful businessmen can't run our club like the business it is or could be. The part-time mentality needs to be weeded out.
    On Sunday it appeared that there were more on the supporters club bus than there were on the team bus. Does anyone care?
    Say goodbye to Mountfield my friends, he's been consigned to history.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with what you're saying (most of it anyway ), but it's also important to remember what happened to our club last season, and it would be nice to find out the truth.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down Yup

Sure wasn't everyone optimistic about the coming season with the couple of additions to the squad but now everyone wants to sack Gunther again?

I really don't know if parachuting a foreign manager who knows nothing about the eL into the City job would work anyway. When was the last time a foreign manager won the league here? Whats needed is a fulltime professional manager who knows the eL scene. Only time will tell if this is Murphy or not.....

BTW I don't like what happened to Mountfield either but he just wasn't up to it. He had no experience of management & just playing professional football doesn't make you a good manager.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Yup

Originally posted by rebel
    Sure wasn't everyone optimistic about the coming season
    i wasn't, though everyone seems to think i'm a pessimist when it comes to city anyway. can't imagine why.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait and see...

While last Sunday was just shocking - from the player's efforts, the players co-ordination and some quite frankly bizzare team selection/tactics - the 'tea boy' is right. We should look to the future. Next Sunday if Gunther can produce a credible performance from a team that makes sense I will be happy. If the team realise (or are made to realise) what a disaster they were and get a grip I will be delighted. It's not too much to ask, is it? However, finding out the truth about last season might be expecting a bit much...
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did you notice that there is not much mention of Gerry McCabe on the Kilmarnock site! Not even a picture or profile. Could we tempt him back??
    One may smile and smile and be a villan!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've already made my feelings known on the subject on the "Gunther, genius or idiot?" thread but I wonder how much of a say Patsy has in the running of things. On the pitch he seems to have a good knowledge of how the game should be played.
    Is Gunther running a dictatorship or has Patsy a lot of influence?

At the moment we need to support old Gunther and give him time but unless our general approach to the game improves in the coming months I'll have to make a "Maistro McCabe for Manager" placard.