Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Were You On?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Were You On?

From Ocean FM, serious stuff

Bookies Pay-Out Hundreds of thousands of Euro over Sligo Rovers Game Nov 18, 6:18 am
    A soccer match involving Sligo Rovers and Bray Wanderers saw bookmakers losing thousands of euros.

Bookmakers across the country paid out close to one hundred-thousand euro on the game that was played in the Carlyle ground in Bray last week.

According to reports thousands of euro was placed on Bray Wanderers to win while very little was placed on a Sligo Rovers victory.

Bookmaker, Paddy Power said 'their was highly unusual betting on this game and the most we would usually pay out on an Eircom League game would be €10,000 euro, but this was certainly much more than that'.

According to Bookmakers there was so much money placed on Bray, betting was suspended an hour before kick off.

The Sligo Rovers - Bray Wanderers game saw the most money bet during any game this season in the Eircom League.

Sligo Rovers Chairman, Michael Toolan says the board of the club will meet to discuss the issue.
    Football is a Simple Game, complicated by fools - Brian Clough

All Sligo Leitrim Youth & Schoolboys Info is live on http://homepage.eircom.net/~mervilleafc/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Much ado about nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    It was just people taking advantage of bookies lack of knowledge of eL football , nothing sinister

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    its would be wrong to dismiss it without a small investigation.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    It was just people taking advantage of bookies lack of knowledge of eL football , nothing sinister
    bang on - even I knew about that here in England.

if they dont know whats going on on the league they shouldnt be offering odds!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory H View Post
    its would be wrong to dismiss it without a small investigation.......
    Why?

It has nothing to do whatsoever with the club.

Paddy Power has a whinge. Big Deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    This mornings Sunday Mirror has stated that William Hill took substantial bets on Bray in the Liverpool area... suspicious?
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think people have dismissed this story way too easily. Why did we start that night with Conor O'Grady in the centre of defence. Why did Foy start at right back and eventually switch over to left back.

So many young lads in the team ? Why no changes at all ? Why was Faz and Curran left on the bench when clearly changes needed to be made ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redrov2005 View Post
    I think people have dismissed this story way too easily. Why did we start that night with Conor O'Grady in the centre of defence. Why did Foy start at right back and eventually switch over to left back.

So many young lads in the team ? Why no changes at all ? Why was Faz and Curran left on the bench when clearly changes needed to be made ?
    l

just a meaningless end of season game. cook prob wanted to look at a few kids - all the players were unmotivated in bray so we'd prob have lost regardless of the team. how happy would fringe players be not getting a game despite the game having no importance.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Why was Faz and Curran left on the bench when clearly changes needed to be made ?
    I don't think faz was even on the bench was he?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he didnt make changes because he said to me before the game he's not going to embarras any of the young lads by subbing them if there not doing great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    he didnt make changes because he said to me before the game he's not going to embarras any of the young lads by subbing them if there not doing great
    If they didn't want to "embarass" them why didn't he bring one or two of them in at a time in the games against Shams or Cork. Why was the Bray game more meaningless then those two ? Why make wholesale changes for the final game and risk the team being hammered ?

Faz,Cash,Curran and Gordon on the bench. No Peers, Ventre or Coleman in the squad. I know the Under 23 game was coming up but it didn't stop other clubs putting out their under 23 players.

Look big bets went on Bray to win this game and all i'm just saying that we shouldn't dismiss it too lightly. Obviously the club were concerned enough to say they would discuss the issue.

The Rovers team that night according to the Bray website and no subs were introduced even though we were 2-0 down after 15 minutes.

1 Tomislav Arcaba; 3 Keith Foy, 4 Conor O'Grady, 5 Jamie McKenzie (c), 2 James Meredith; 7 Gary Melly, 6 Mark Boyd, 8 Brian McMorrow, 11Stephen Manson; 14 Ross McLoughlin, 9 Matthew Judge
    Subs: 10 Fahrudin Kudozovic, 12 Brian Cash, 13 Garry Curran, 15 Matty Gordon, 16 Richard Brush (gk)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If they didn't want to "embarass" them why didn't he bring one or two of them in at a time in the games against Shams or Cork. Why was the Bray game more meaningless then those two ? Why make wholesale changes for the final game and risk the team being hammered ?

Faz,Cash,Curran and Gordon on the bench. No Peers, Ventre or Coleman in the squad. I know the Under 23 game was coming up but it didn't stop other clubs putting out their under 23 players.

Look big bets went on Bray to win this game and all i'm just saying that we shouldn't dismiss it too lightly. Obviously the club were concerned enough to say they would discuss the issue.

The Rovers team that night according to the Bray website and no subs were introduced even though we were 2-0 down after 15 minutes.

1 Tomislav Arcaba; 3 Keith Foy, 4 Conor O'Grady, 5 Jamie McKenzie (c), 2 James Meredith; 7 Gary Melly, 6 Mark Boyd, 8 Brian McMorrow, 11Stephen Manson; 14 Ross McLoughlin, 9 Matthew Judge
    Subs: 10 Fahrudin Kudozovic, 12 Brian Cash, 13 Garry Curran, 15 Matty Gordon, 16 Richard Brush (gk)
    i also know for a fact that seamie got an injury in training the day before (thursday), and ventre had been injured all week!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Think Ventre was suspended either way wasn't he?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Think Ventre was suspended either way wasn't he?
    not sure, was injured anyway.....