Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sunderland, it's just like watching Sunderland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Sunderland, it's just like watching Sunderland

Same $hit, different day really. Yet again we hoof it and have no success, yet again when we actually play about we open them up, yet again we get chances and don't take them, yet again we look poor at the back and yet again we don't score.

We deserved a point in any case and things just refuse to go our way. Gary Rogers pulled off a fantastic save at the end, Tony Mac hit the bar, goal bound shots were blocked at the last second and they were forced into more than one last ditch tackle.

Where was Dessie Baker? I can only assume he's hurt again or he wanted to go back to Shels.

We MUST take at least four points from Longford and St.Pat's and after that we have to pick up points even at places like Tolka Park and against teams like Bohs, Cork and Rovers. It's just that simple. If we take four points from our next two and say fourteen from the second series then I'd be happy but to be honest unless things improve very quickly we don't have a hope in hell of getting four wins and two draws from nine games.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Derry will play an unregistered player.
    And stay out of Bumtown, ya no talent bum.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    Don't know about deserving a point, but how Gary Rogers kept out that backheel from Gavin Whelan, I'll never know. We were right beside it, and it was going in off the post. Rogers could never have been expecting Whelan to do what he did, which made it an even more outstanding save.

We had our chances though, which was good to see - hitting the bar, three good saves from Rogers, couple of dangerous free-kicks... McAuley had a very good game and surely must stay. Darragh Ryan was woeful - cost us the first goal. Jennings looked composed again - can't really blame him for either goal.

Reckon for Pat's -

Jennings
    Sullivan
    Davey
    McAuley
    McDonnell
    Cawley (injury permitting)
    McNally
    Griffin
    J. Martin
    Finn
    R. Martin

Unofficial word on Dessie Baker is that he's gone back to Shels and won't be returning. So after one game for the College, he's now our biggest Judas ever! Come back Bazza, all is forgiven!

One good thing is that everyone's taking points from everyone else, so if we can get our act together, then if we can catch up to ninth, catching up to sixth won't be that much of a jump. There's four points from ninth to third at the moment. Has to start happening soon though...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was an innocent tourist bystander at that appalling fixture in 02 last Friday night. I had to take two hedex after the game to make the pain go away. College, all I can say to you is that from the off you looked like a team who came to lose. You played like a team already relegated. If you never set the world of football alight before at least yiz were organised and could play some tidy football but that performance took the biscuit. Your no.7 was the only execption, he was able to inject some pace on the left wing but nobody could be arsed to run with him and crosses ended up in empty space.The two goals were pretty soft, and it took the second goal before a double substitution made and only then were bodies pushed forward to any effect.Too little too late.As for the mighty Drogs if this performance sent them home singing in the rain then I think that it won't be long before they get a double dose of reality because they weren't any better than College.God help the league.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    Have to agree with you, unfortunately. Fairly accurate summary of the game. If we can play for a whole game like we did for the last 40 minutes, we should start picking up points. Course, we only start playing when it's far too late these days...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sunderland, it's just like watching sunderland

Lads

It is worse than watching Sunderland. They score goals regularly even when they lose.

College Till I Die

@ndy
    fairly bleak alright.