Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Leon Mc Sweeney..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leon Mc Sweeney..

According to todays Sun Newspaper former player Leon Mc Sweeney is being released by Leicester City and could be set to return to City.It would be good to see him back considering we did not get much of a chance to see him before he left.One player i would love to see come back though and who would be perfect for us in central midfield would be Joe Gamble.Anyone know is Mc Sweeney able to play here?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think generally if a player out of contract or released they can still move clubs during closed transfer windows. Summer season & new european wide transfer windows still confuse me though. Theres also some strange rule now about not allowed to play for more than 2 clubs a year or something.

In the very few 1st team games Gamble played he looked very promising & would have to assume he has progressed a bit since. I'd be surprised if he out of contract with Reading this year as i'm sure he was a 3 year contract. I think he got loaned out to carlisle at some stage this season but doesn't look like getting any look in at Reading.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    McSweeney by all accounts is a class little player, who is a real "fox in the box". Would be a great acquisition id say, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him go to wherever Peter Taylor is or Colin Murphy.

As for Gambles loan deal to Carlisle, well that never happened. He got injured in training before he went off so that put paid to that. Still though, would love to see him back as well, as he is a class player. Im very surprised he never broke into the Reading team.

But the fact of the matter is, is that we need a creative midfielder like Alan R******s. So hopefully Dolan has his eye on someone.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Peter Taylor..

Peter Taylor is now managing Hull City in Div 3 in England.One of his first signings was another City old boy(really only a young lad)Damian Delaney.When you look back a couple of years we lost a a few very good young players in a short space of time.I was surprised another player from that bunch did not go on to better things.His name Tony Tynan now with Ramblers.Whatever happened there i dont know.You are probably right GWA about Dolan having his eye on someone for the central position.I have a feeling now with the season ending in England, City probably could be lining up a player possibly out of contract.I wouldnt count on it being Dominic Foley as i heard he was looking for big big money off Bohs and City....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lost soem good players allright.........!

Yeah, we really did loose some good players.

Gamble,
    Delaney
    Barry-Murphy,

When you think that they are either not playing first team football or have dropped down to Div.II or III it really makes you wonder are they really thinking straight. What a waste of time and talent.

If you listen to JO'F, George and Dan Murray, this season they are playing regular first team football, enjoying their time and getting much more exposure than anyone playing for Carlisle or Preston reserves.

Can you imagine how strong we would be if we had those 3 back.

Colin Murphy ...... "may your armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels"
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Colin Murphy ...... "may your armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels"

here here

totally agree, he ****ed us up and put us back a few years
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL