Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bobby Robson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Bobby Robson

It may seem wrong to criticise the man given his standing in the game and his long running health problems but........

He is being paid 250k a year by the FAI, for what exactly??? This is greatest waste of money in the history of Irish sport, it would be better spent on grass seeds for the new Lansdowne Road. He has brought absolutely nothing to the squad.

His comments to the press earlier in the week were an absolute disgrace. What does he take the Irish public for? Complete idiots who can't make up their own minds and wait to see what the media says before forming their own opinions? I know he was probably told what to say but surely he should have more respect for himself than to do something like that

It's a real pity that Robson is finishing his career as little more than a paid cheerleader for Staunton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bet we got stung for the medical bills as well. It probably never even occurred to the FAI to check whether this was a wise move...
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
    It may seem wrong to criticise the man given his standing in the game and his long running health problems but........

He is being paid 250k a year by the FAI, for what exactly??? This is greatest waste of money in the history of Irish sport, it would be better spent on grass seeds for the new Lansdowne Road. He has brought absolutely nothing to the squad.

His comments to the press earlier in the week were an absolute disgrace. What does he take the Irish public for? Complete idiots who can't make up their own minds and wait to see what the media says before forming their own opinions? I know he was probably told what to say but surely he should have more respect for himself than to do something like that

It's a real pity that Robson is finishing his career as little more than a paid cheerleader for Staunton

Greater than 400,000 a year on Staunton?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    They pay him so they can wheel him out when Staunton and Delaney are too afraid to answer the questions, for the level of abuse I've seen thrown at him by journos for problems he did not create I'd say he's earned every penny of that money

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Robson is a footballing legend and a likeable man but I've heard it said on numerous occasions that his primary concern is his own financial gain.

Even when he was too "sick" to make it to Dublin, he was still capable of making it to Wembley to watch England in friendlies, as well as writing columns for the English newspapers.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I love all this Bobbys such a nice man and has done great thinks and yes he has, But not for us we just seem to be paying hes Doctors bills the man is 74 what a bad decision giving him the job

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel11 View Post
    I love all this Bobbys such a nice man and has done great thinks and yes he has, But not for us we just seem to be paying hes Doctors bills the man is 74 what a bad decision giving him the job
    He's like that loveable old uncle that spends every Christmas eating and drinking you out of house and home.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    He's like that loveable old uncle that spends every Christmas eating and drinking you out of house and home.
    Your right mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    And he's English.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've commented before how I find the "Sir Bobby is a wonderful man" sentiment on this site a bit nauseating. The mercenary old git took on the "advisory role" for a fee. He does not give a toss about Ireland and his recent comments about real football folk wanting Staunton to stay show him to be a complete (insert c-word, f-word, w-word as appropriate).

The fact that he's trying to pretend he's a nice guy by thinking about his contract after we end up second last in the group is disgusting. He should have resigned when he realised how ill and ineffective he was. Supposedly the cash is not the driving force (sure).Sack Staunton. Sack Bobby. Sack Delaney.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He is probably secertly delighted he has helped the current destruction of the Irish team, some english invaders have had their worth but overall the English love wrecking our people's heart and souls! Bobby and Stan to be shot at dawn (crimes against the nation) and off course than fruitbag delaney.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I like Bobby Robson but in fairness you can smell the clay off him.
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
    I've commented before how I find the "Sir Bobby is a wonderful man" sentiment on this site a bit nauseating. The mercenary old git took on the "advisory role" for a fee. He does not give a toss about Ireland and his recent comments about real football folk wanting Staunton to stay show him to be a complete (insert c-word, f-word, w-word as appropriate).

The fact that he's trying to pretend he's a nice guy by thinking about his contract after we end up second last in the group is disgusting. He should have resigned when he realised how ill and ineffective he was. Supposedly the cash is not the driving force (sure).Sack Staunton. Sack Bobby. Sack Delaney.
    There are four teams below us.