Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: great win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

great win

not sure what the 2nd sending off was for but we'll take it. much needed 3 points. it was great to be standing amongst da wovers supporters for it all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what was the first one for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1st sending off for hand ball outside the box and second 1 was for hitting a bray player rite infront of the ref
    DEVO: 'we want to challenge for the league next season' - speaking at the player of the year awards nite 2005. boy was he so far wrong!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Second sending off was a clear as day punch in the face about five yards from the ref. The player can have no complaints.

Delighted with the three points and delighted that the players went out in the second half and got the job done. We all saw how easy it was to play against nine men but we still had to score and fair play to Cawley, Delaney and Jay for putting the ball in the net.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I think Rovers were very hard done by tonight

Barry Murphy handled outside the box however there was a covering defender - obviously i havent seen a replay but I dont think he denied a goal by handling the ball and I dont think he prevented an obvious goalscoring opportunity either - so if that is the case he shouldnt have been shown a red

For the second red card I was very surprised to see the ref show a red - i think it was a major over reaction. Sheils was fouled and he more or less pushed the bray player in the back/side - contact was made no doubt - this sort of incident quite often wouldnt attract a yellow card - never mind a red

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoc View Post
    For the second red card I was very surprised to see the ref show a red - i think it was a major over reaction. Sheils was fouled and he more or less pushed the bray player in the back/side - contact was made no doubt - this sort of incident quite often wouldnt attract a yellow card - never mind a red
    I had a clear view of the second sending off. Your man clearly punched Kav in the side of the face and the ref was only yards away. It's a straight red and there can be no complaints.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoc View Post
    I think Rovers were very hard done by tonight

Barry Murphy handled outside the box however there was a covering defender - obviously i havent seen a replay but I dont think he denied a goal by handling the ball and I dont think he prevented an obvious goalscoring opportunity either - so if that is the case he shouldnt have been shown a red

Have a listen to Pat Scully's interview no EL Weekly, it was on TV3 last night. On the 1st sending off he said Barry handeled outside the box so had to go, but i didnt see it and for the 2nd red card which was right in front of the Rovers dugout, Scully said he was very very dissapointed in Shiels and that he should know better, let his team down etc...

Both were red cards, if a keep stops a goal scoring chance with his hands outside the box - red card. If a player raises his hand and hits another player - red card. I really can't see how you think Rovers were hard done by ?

What i will say about Rovers is though they probably played better with 9 men ! the amount of work they put in was fantastic. But ver all i think Rovers were lucky to get away with a 3-0 defeat.

Roll on UCD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    absolute great match the lads did well even though they were against nine men
    great respect for the mintutes applause
    the crowd were great reminded me of the shed days hopefully well be seeing more of it
    bring on the students!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Great win on a very emotional night. Couldn't believe the stupidity of the no. 6 getting sent off- right in front of the ref (and his manager), let his team down big time. The Mexican (?) students in the covered stand were brilliant, showed us how to make some noise! Bring em back for every game.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    sending offs or not, we would have won, rovers at the start badly and didnt look like they wanted to play, well done to the ref, Hanncock, first time been a netural at a bray match. Bring on the students, catching up on the Derry, Ha ha ha ha ha
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    great game great performance great support great result

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    anybody got any vidoes of the match cant seem to find any on youtube or anything????