Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Slovakia 2-2 Ireland Post Game Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipp Townie View Post
    I'm useless at finding stuff on Youtube; can anyone post a link to the Slovak eqauliser, or tell me how to find it? For some reason i feel compelled to watch it again, just to see exactly what went wrong

(ps. Macdermesser; mate, quality footage of Doylers goal and the 'pit' afterwards!)
    cheers Tipp. Posted the link to the goals below ... not for the faint hearted ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I think there's a suggestion Dunne was pushed. Stephen Kelly certainly said so. I can't look at youtube at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Ive looked at it too many times already so I cant look again but that may be the case actually, it looks as though he is turning his head to see where he is aiming it but that could actualy be him turning his head around as he was pushed. However from looking at it, he definitely aims the ball over that way, whether that was a reaction of being pushed or not I dont know..... anyhow there was so much space over on osheas side, terrible defending from both of them arrrggggggh its just frustrating even thinking about it. good finish but terrible defending.
    According to Dunne himself, it was just bad luck
    from http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...g-1075927.html
    This time, it was a header skewing off the side of Richard Dunne’s temple that opened the door for Marek Cech’s cruel equaliser. Dunne would like it known that his eyes were open at the time, his mind was clear, there was – he is insistent - no lapse of concentration. What happened simply happened.
    There was no mystery. “It wasn’t down to concentration,” he explained yesterday, his voice carrying the faintest thread of exasperation. “They (Slovakia) just put an overflow of men up front. A long ball came up and I went for a challenge with a header. The ball came off the side of my head and went across the goal. It could have gone to any one of five of our men or any one of five of theirs.
    “Unfortunately, it landed on their lad’s left foot and he connected with it nicely and buried it. I don’t think it was concentration or anything bad. It was just an unfortunate moment.”
    Dunne insists that talk of a recurring theme here (Ireland have now spurned leads in four Group games) have not pierced the team psyche.
    “Not really. I actually didn’t realise that ‘til now,” he said when told of the statistic.
    “It’s not something you keep going back to. The only thing that we can really take from it is the disappointment of conceding in the last minute.
    “If we’re in the same situation again on Wednesday, I’m sure it’ll be in the back of our minds and we’ll be trying that extra bit harder not to let this one slip.”
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ya but an experienced defender never heads the ball back across the defence he should never have been aiming it there.

remember when fat arse harte did the same against romania and Giles and Dunphy tore into him saying a defender should never head the ball across teh defence in a situation like that. it wasn't identical to dunnes but same type. He should have headed it out for a throw in or back up the field, if he doesn't realise that was poor judgement then he is a thick.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WembleyGreen View Post
    Morbo & Edmundo, does the phrase "grasping at straws" or in your case 'betting slips' ring a bell or two? 20 years since we won a game away against anyone of any consequence, I was in San Marino and saw what transpired first hand, it's left me scarred for life! Win your home games, win aginst the goal fodder of the group and then try and at least draw against the so called contenders. We've haven't even managed this, losing in Cyprus was bad, drawing against the Czechs was 2 points dropped at home and with Germany to come I can't share your rose tinted bookie specs! Sorry!
    Trust me, I'm not going to be putting any money on Ireland to qualify, not at 23/5 and with Stan in charge anyway but my point was the Czechs are not 100% guaranteed of qualification, the bookies aren't usually too far off the mark and by their estimation Ireland probably have a 6 or 7-1 shot of qualifying(which isn't good but you shouldn't be happy with a 3rd place finish when qualification is still a slim possibility), the bookies specs are not rose tinted, they always beat the punter on the long run and if they think Ireland have a 6 or 7-1 shot then I am inclined to believe them, if you think the bookies are well off the mark then by all means bet against them.
    Last edited by Morbo; 12/09/2007 at 2:55 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Morbo, according to the Indy today Boylesports reckons less than €1000 has been placed on Ireland to win tonight as opposed €25,000 on the Czechs, see the link:http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...n-1076818.html
    I never bet on Ireland in any sport the one time I did we lost and I swore then I'd never do it again!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yeah I never bet on Ireland either, never bet with you heart. Anyway I'm not surprised virtually nobody is betting on Ireland after our last performance, the knee jerk reaction by fans was to think we will get hammered by the Czechs(which is definitely a possibility).
    I expect a better performance tonight though, we usually put in a decent performance right after a bad one but it probably won't be enough, not with our current team selection, I put my money on a draw at 14/5 which was surprising attractive odds considering Ireland's inability to hold onto a lead and the fact that the Czechs only really need a draw, of course I'd be delighted if I'm wrong and Ireland win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    f**k it, i think we're going to win...... get in lads!
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Wales winning 3-1 out there makes our 2-2 draw look a really poor result.

Ade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Slovakia pull one back against Wales 3-2 now.

4-2 Wales now.
    Last edited by dancinpants; 12/09/2007 at 6:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    finished 5-2
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789