Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slovakia 2-2 Ireland Post Game Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I blame Douglas, not O'Shea.

It was Douglas' mark, not John's.

This is coming from a guy who doesn't particularly rate O'Shea.

Some questionable substitutions, but that is just ****ed. I am so ****ed ****

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    ****ing balls altogehter
    everyone in the room where i was watching knew what was coming , thank god for Richard Dunne ****ing monster of a player, pity about some of the other useless *******s he has to play with , thats it for us as far as qualifying goes now id say , very depressing

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I blame Staunton. Once again he fails to pick our strongest possible line up, his substitutions did not work and we showed the same inability to close out the game that always dogs us.

Thanks for our "world class manager" John. Thank you ever so much!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    slovakia deserved to win that match, let's be honest. they created way more decent chances. we were lucky that doyle got the goal out of nothing and that given and dunne were on form.

three points behind the czechs at the moment. that 5-2 in cyprus is starting to look very costly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    John O'Shea for Ireland... NEVER AGAIN!!! ******* clown was all over the shop tonight, he screwed up the shot at the end when clean through and then made a horlicks of it for their 2nd. He couldnt even do a simple back pass to Given. He should never play for us again, I dont care how he does for his club, he is was and will be useless for us complete twát of a player... he has NEVER EVER EVER played well for us, he's always the opposition's star player.
    You just saved me a whole bunch of typing there Ed. O'Shea is a busted flush.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    poor dunne, does a class last ditch tackle in 90th min then sees oshea do a ballerina move as a block for goal..what about the pass back in 1st half from him in 6 yard box, 2 slovaks behind him, he is a clown...i booed him in cyprus and i got slated for it..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    just like to add, when ireland drew in israel it was a freak shot in the final minute. the team were defending deep, but with intent, although i agree that kerr had them defending too much that night.

ireland weren't defending too deep tonight as much as they were just completely disorganised. the plan wasn't to go ahead and then defend, there was no plan to start with.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    also forgot, where was hunt,(gibbs, doug and murphy) a man who would have covered every blade of grass for ye in them last 20 mins and would stick his foot in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    F*ck them all. Every single one of them. We could have the best eleven footballers in the world playing for us and we'd still end up sh!t creek without a paddle.

Its been happening for years and its not going to stop. Let them all rot in the championship where they f*ckin belong, Shower of incompetetent w*nks.

I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I feel like my girlfriend has just left me for a blind, dwarf, one-legged, hump-backed Unionist. And told me she still wants to be friends.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im absolutely gutted, its the same old story. I really dont understand the inept tactics of Stan. Bringing on Gibson is an absolute joke, the guy plays reserve football. John O'Shea should be brought out and shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Kelly at lb =mistake
    Ireland at cm=mistake
    No Hunt=mistake
    No Reid=mistake
    Douglas at rm=big mistake

We need a manager who knows to pick players in their right positions.Slovakia were awful and were disinterested and we still couldnt beat them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme feet View Post
    I feel like my girlfriend has just left me for a blind, dwarf, one-legged, hump-backed Unionist. And told me she still wants to be friends.
    POTM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    Kelly at lb =mistake
    Ireland at cm=mistake
    No Hunt=mistake
    No Reid=mistake
    Douglas at rm=big mistake

We need a manager who knows to pick players in their right positions.Slovakia were awful and were disinterested and we still couldnt beat them.
    slovakia disinterested? were you wathing the same game as the me? I doubt it. I thought they were well up for it, pumped and had a hard-on to win to be honest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    does anybody else feel that they would actually be a better manager than staunton. i honestly think a lot of people on here would probably manage the team better, well at least pick a better team. is stunton thick or someting? jonathan fcuking douglas. why wasnt hunt brought on? its a farce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Why does Stan bring so much **** on himself. I dont think O'Shea should be seen in an Ireland shirt again, he was awful and everything, and i mean every damn thing he did was awful. Stan's selection was beyond stupid. Stephen Ireland should never be seen again in central midfield, the lesson from Cyprus should have been learned. In my view Andy Reid should have been the first name on the sheet. One thing we learned from the 2 games in Croker last year was that Long and in particular Hunt were excellent impact subs. Instead he brings on Gibson,a kid who whould not be near getting an international cap yet, and Douglas...which i really dont understand for the life of me. I hate attacking everything than Stan does but he brings so much onto himself, his selections are shocking, absolutly shocking. His tactical knowledge was shown up completly tonight...and yes i would have said the same had we hung onto the 2-1 win. Even his interview before the match was cringe worthy. Asked a simple question of 'Are we playing 4-4-2' and he did his usual *****ish answer. Staunton brings it all on himself. We finished the game we three defensive central midfielders......where in gods name is the logic behind that. All the talk during the week about no longer accepting draws away from home was so obviously bull**** if he has to go down the old McCarthy route of packing the midfield whenever we are leading with 15 mins to go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    With ten minutes to go they had more or less given up.Their right backs tackle on KK summed it up.They were there for the taking.We rolled out the red carpet and invited them into it.Any half decent team would have whacked them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto McC View Post
    8,500 clowns in selthick jerseys with bodhráns and rubber hammers singing Olé olé olé, i'm f*cking delighted for every single f*cking one of you.
    Have you not got something more costructive to say!.Its not the fault of 8,500 (clowns as you put it) that we threw away 3 points tonight.
    If thats what you think of irish fans why do you bother posting here?

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Overall it was a poor performance- good in patches but not enough to win these sort of games. Slovakia were poor but looked more dangerous than us going forward. I didn't agree with the team selection but it still should have been good enough to win the game.

The defence was solid for the most part- O'Shea lost concentration at the end and drifted too far inside. Douglas should have been tracking his man also. Dunne was superb and Kelly looked a bit dodgy. Poor defending for the first goal also.

McGeady was useless- should have been taken off at half time. Ireland was very quiet- took his goal well but didn't contribute anything else. Carsley and Kilbane were ok. Gibson looked decent when he came. Keane and Doyle were pretty quiet but didn't get much service. Brilliant goal by Doyle.

Stan's substitutions were bizzare. Bringing off McGeady and Ireland were the right decisions but Douglas and Gibson? Can't see why he brought off Doyle either- seemed to just to do it for the sake of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think a lot of the comments about the republics performance tonight are very unpatriotic.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast