Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scotland Squad V Irish Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    mmmmm
    pick any team at random and compare to Ireland....
    whats the point?
    If you dont like the thread don't read it. Simple really a good few of my mates are Scottish and support the Tartan Army and and one of the lads also said we are similar sized countries with players playing at similar clubs and our footballing cultures are very similar.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    players from Scotland I wouldn't mind having to add to our squad would be Gordon, Hartley, McFadden and Maloney. Everybody else I would rate as either being below or equal to the squad members we already have.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Not one of Scotland's keepers, defenders or strikers would make the Ireland team.

The midfield though is a different story. Scott Brown, Maloney and maybe Ferguson would make our team imo. Obviously anyone that doesn't watch the SPL would probably disagree with that. Brown is heading for world class status in my honest opinion. The highest compliment I could pay is that he's the closest player to a young Roy Keane I've ever seen. Maloney is a lot better than McGeady or Hunt, and Duff now imo. Rangers fans would laugh at me putting "maybe" beside Ferguson as they certainly couldn't see Lee Carsley or Andy Reid keeping him out of a team.

The crazy thing is Fletcher is probably their star player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fletcher does the business for them on a regular basis. They won away to Slovenia and Norway on the basis of his performances and got a great goal away to Slovenia. They have also beaten France quite recently and have not made a slip up yet in their qualifying as the defeats to Italy and Ukraine away were expected.

Gordon is a very good goalkeeper but Given is a great Keeper.
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Eirebhoy I'd agree with you regarding Maloney as he is clearly better than McGeady (very average IMO) and Hunt but nowhere near as good as an on form Duff. He would get into the team though. I'm not sure about Scott Brown but I'll take your opinion considering our lack of talent in midfield.

However to state that Barry Ferguson is better than A Reid, S Reid, S Ireland or possibly even Lee Carsely is untrue in my humble opinion. Who cares what Rangers fans say anyway? Their team are playing against absolute tosh week in, week out. Ferguson was absolute pants for Blackburn when he attempted to have a go in a competitive league. He's rubbish in Europe also. He's a very limited player.
    Last edited by youngirish; 29/08/2007 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Ferguson was absolute pants for Blackburn when he attemted to have a go in a competitive league. He's rubbish in Europe also. He's a very limited player.
    I can't remember his time at Blackburn but according to a Rangers fan on boards.ie he was made captain and was man of the match many times. He was adamant. Anyway, I couldn't be debating the worth of a Rangers player so you win.

As for Duff on form, we can only hope.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Darren Fletcher possibly their best midfield player is often kept out of the United team by John O'Shea. That alone should tell you how good they are.

Is there a more despised central midfield partnership in International football than Darren Fletcher and Barry Ferguson? I hate the both of those players and it's nothing to do with Ferguson being Rangers captain. I just think both are desperate yet have somehow managed to carve aout a career for themselves. Sickening.
    Despised? Hate? Desperate? Sickening? You're a complete weirdo. Some of the comments you come out with on these boards are completely ridiculous. I think you need to see a physciatrist....I'm still reeling from the "rangers fans will eat your children for breakfast" crap you came out with in the Joe Lapira thread

Can I ask who exactly hates Fletcher? and why? Seems like a very nice young man to me. Plus, he always plays with honest endeavour which is more you can say about most players. For one thing, United fans love him after his performances against Chelsea, Roma and Milan last season, and I'd suggest Scotland fans are pretty fond of him as well.

Regarding Ferguson, your claim that your 'hatred' (as you put it) of Barry Ferguson has nothing to do with him being Captain, Icon and best player of the club you absolutely DISPISE is absolute tosh. If anyone reads the opinions you have aired on these boards regarding Rangers, this fact will become absolutely clear. If Barry Ferguson was Maradona you'd come out with the same crap

Get your head checked out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ofjames View Post
    Despised? Hate? Desperate? Sickening? You're a complete weirdo. Some of the comments you come out with on these boards are completely ridiculous. I think you need to see a physciatrist....I'm still reeling from the "rangers fans will eat your children for breakfast" crap you came out with in the Joe Lapira thread

Can I ask who exactly hates Fletcher? and why? Seems like a very nice young man to me. Plus, he always plays with honest endeavour which is more you can say about most players. For one thing, United fans love him after his performances against Chelsea, Roma and Milan last season, and I'd suggest Scotland fans are pretty fond of him as well.

Regarding Ferguson, your claim that your 'hatred' (as you put it) of Barry Ferguson has nothing to do with him being Captain, Icon and best player of the club you absolutely DISPISE is absolute tosh. If anyone reads the opinions you have aired on these boards regarding Rangers, this fact will become absolutely clear. If Barry Ferguson was Maradona you'd come out with the same crap

Get your head checked out
    Ha ha you are a goon. I never post hatred regarding Rangers or their fans on these boards so you just made that up. I don't care about either Rangers or Celtic tbh. Both are rubbish (particularly true for Rangers) and I generally slag the overall quality of the SPL but not Rangers in particular. The Joe Lapira comment was a joke using an advanced form of humour called socratic irony to expose other people's prejudices against that club. I thought it was pretty obvious that I didn't really think that Rangers fans would eat people's children. Obviously too advanced for you my young friend.

As for Ferguson, I hate him because people claim he's good but he's rubbish. Very limited player. Same for Darren Fletcher really. Both are crap and neither can cut it regularly in a decent league. I don't like Man United or many of their glory hunting I supported Liverpool in the eighties and know nothing about football supporters so I'd admit this may influence my thinking on Fletcher but I do think he's possibly their poorest player. Pure muck both of them.
    Last edited by youngirish; 29/08/2007 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Ha ha you are a goon. I never post hatred regarding Rangers or their fans on these boards so you just made that up. I don't care about either Rangers or Celtic tbh. Both are rubbish (particularly true for Rangers) and I generally slag the overall quality of the SPL but not Rangers in particular.
    Must be a different youngirish who posted this so:
    From http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=730952&postcount=265
    And for all the usual members of the PC everything is fab brigade out there Rangers as a club hate you and everything you stand for. They would ethnically cleanse you, your entire family and all your friends (if you have any) given half a chance.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 29/08/2007 at 12:43 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Must be a different youngirish who posted this so:
    From http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=730952&postcount=265
    This is the post he's referring to above.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    you're an absolute weirdo young irish.

obviously your ADVANCED HUMOUR extended to your next post in that thread which described anyone who hadnt a problem with Lapira as 'traitors to the cause'. Whatever the cause is??

"Rangers as a club hate you and everything you stand for. They would ethnically cleanse you, your entire family and all your friends (if you have any) given half a chance."

"I never post hatred regarding Rangers or their fans on these boards so you just made that up. I don't care about either Rangers or Celtic tbh. Both are rubbish (particularly true for Rangers) and I generally slag the overall quality of the SPL but not Rangers in particular."

You're a complete clown.
    Last edited by ofjames; 29/08/2007 at 1:17 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    you're an absolute weirdo young irish.

obviously your ADVANCED HUMOUR extended to your next post in that thread which described anyone who hadnt a problem with Lapira as 'traitors to the cause'. Whatever the cause is??

You're a complete clown.
    Very good, using such a ridiculous expression as 'traitors to the cause' I'd expect it did. You don't quite get this irony thing do you? You're not Alanis Morrisette by any chance are you?
    Last edited by youngirish; 29/08/2007 at 1:18 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Irony?

So was the use of the words Despise, Hate, Desperate and Sickening to describe two decent journeymen pro's supposed to be Ironic as well?

Ethincally Cleanse your family....your such a freak. Hilarious

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    So was the use of the words Despise, Hate, Desperate and Sickening to describe two decent journeymen pro's supposed to be Ironic as well?

Ethincally Cleanse your family....your such a freak. Hilarious
    No I actually do think they are sh*t. Do I need to put little notes into every post so you can see what areas are marked as jokes and which I'm serious about?

I'm as hillarious as Darren Fletcher is crap.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On paper or squad is far stronger then Scotlands the only differance is they get the most out of their average players they have. We dont

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    No I actually do think they are sh*t. Do I need to put little notes into every post so you can see what areas are marked as jokes and which I'm serious about?
    Yeah, you do actually.
    Sarcasm is impossible to detect in plain text.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Yeah, you do actually.
    Sarcasm is impossible to detect in plain text.
    I don't know. I get the impression if someone wrote that Rangers and their fans would ethnically cleanse you, your family and all your friends (if you have any) given half the chance I'd find it hard to believe they were serious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I just noticed ofjames called me a retard!!!!!...The things people will say over the internet!!! I'd never say anything on here that I wouldn't say in real life, yet I don't think everyone applies this philosophy! There is no need for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    I don't know. I get the impression if someone wrote that Rangers and their fans would ethnically cleanse you, your family and all your friends (if you have any) given half the chance I'd find it hard to believe they were serious.
    Well they do. Deal with it, and either mark all sarcastic comments or drop them completely.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 29/08/2007 at 2:44 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Well they do. Deal with it, and either mark all sarcastic comments or drop them completely.
    They are muppets then and shouldn't be on the internet.
    Last edited by youngirish; 29/08/2007 at 2:47 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast