87 Lee Carsley
    90 Stephen Kelly

All starters at the weekend?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    what the hell is that supposed to measure. only one player from the team top of the league in the top 50 like

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I imagine it measures things like goals scored, assists, passed made, crosses, dribbles, intercetions, tackles, fouls won, fouls given away. I'd say it is a fairly good guide to who is playing well, as opposed to someones biased opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    what the hell is that supposed to measure. only one player from the team top of the league in the top 50 like
    I think good players at mid-table teams will do better than good players at the top teams for the simple reason that teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U can rotate their squads and not lose anything quality wise.

At Everton Carsley played every game for them last season....Gerrard did not play every EPL game for Liverpool due to their squad depth and their European involvement.

No clue how either did on the Actim thing, but I know taking players from the top teams is always sketchy for prediction pools because they don't play half the time due to rotation systems.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    I am not biased, i dont support them. it was just an observation...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I am not biased, i dont support them. it was just an observation...

Actually I don't think Liverpool were top when those stats were produced (before Saturday), they will probably have a few more players in the top 50
    next Tuesday when they are produced. Also Liverpool have played a game less than most teams and you only earn points when you play, and also squad rotation will drag players down, as has been pointed out, but the best players do then to play more often.

I would not say such stats are perfect, especialy early on in the season, but they are a pretty good guide unless you have the time and ability to watch
    all 11 or more games a week (thats about 2 working days!!).

I mean I think Dunne is a great centre back based on just a few highlights and some match reports, it is nice to see that confirmed in such statistics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I think good players at mid-table teams will do better than good players at the top teams for the simple reason that teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U can rotate their squads and not lose anything quality wise.

At Everton Carsley played every game for them last season....Gerrard did not play every EPL game for Liverpool due to their squad depth and their European involvement.

No clue how either did on the Actim thing, but I know taking players from the top teams is always sketchy for prediction pools because they don't play half the time due to rotation systems.
    I know Carsley was pretty high up there, he was in the 10 ten for a while I think, either last season or the season before anyway. But generally speaking the best players do play more games, in the games matter. Liverpool were prehaps more in a more unique position in that dropping a key player would not affect their league positioin so much, in finiancial terms. They had no chance of winning the league but were guaranteed a place in Europe, however for Man U and Chelsea every game mattered.