Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelbourne 25th August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Shelbourne 25th August

We play Shels on the 25th, no game next w/end due to FAI Cup. Yes it's regatta time, anyone interested in helping out with freshening up Maddens Window? Putting out posters, handing out flyers etc. Shels are coming so the stand will be closed for them. Your help would be appreciated lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    We play Shels on the 25th, no game next w/end due to FAI Cup. Yes it's regatta time, anyone interested in helping out with freshening up Maddens Window? Putting out posters, handing out flyers etc. Shels are coming so the stand will be closed for them. Your help would be appreciated lads.
    Jesus let us get over today first, long day
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No bother Marco what you want us to do?
    good chance now to promote the match with us beem on top..might be a good idea to put up plenty of signs on approach roads this weekend with so many people due in for the regatta....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    pm me no problem lending a hand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams-07 View Post
    No bother Marco what you want us to do?
    good chance now to promote the match with us beem on top..might be a good idea to put up plenty of signs on approach roads this weekend with so many people due in for the regatta....

Ya that's one idea, must be carefull with those sign as the Council normally take them down, but they have been ok for last game. Match poster should be ready by Thur, I contacted The Sun and they will do a preview next week on the game. I want to have tons of flyers out during the regatta. I might get the U2 Tribute band to wear a Rams jersey, do u know anyone in the Regatta Commitee? We should have the place hopping for this game, as Limerick will have Dundalk the day before. Thanks
    Last edited by Marco; 13/08/2007 at 7:01 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Make sure you leave leaflets in Mimmos and all the pubs. It sounds like a great idea with the U2 band, it should draw some attention to the team.

Have you tried to get one of the team or Hendo to judge for the regatta queen or even get one of the lads to host the regatta queen segment. That usually draws the biggest crowd out and if we had someone from Ramblers on the stage every night they could keep asking for support and it may get people interested in Ramblers.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    a custom firework explode at the end a big rams crest, imagine (i how much it'd cost), but the regatta will be great advertising, any players in any races or anything, i assume theres a run on as usual,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    a custom firework explode at the end a big rams crest, imagine (i how much it'd cost), but the regatta will be great advertising, any players in any races or anything, i assume theres a run on as usual,
    its there weekend off, i say they'll all head out of town. The cork fellas surely wont be around. they deserve a breakanyway.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    im doing the fun run any rams mascot suit or anything?????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    im doing the fun run any rams mascot suit or anything?????????
    Would love to have one also for the games! The Regatta Commitee will help out in promoting the Shels game as much as we like fair play to them. Would love the U2 Tribute band to mention it also with the sounds of Bloody Sunday playing in the background! the place would be hopping!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Seen John Kearney back training what a boost it would be to have him back in the squad for Shelbourne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great to hear Kearney back training...he`s badly missed...Marco you might ask Noel Maguire about the U2 tribute band..he might know someone...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ya that's one idea, must be carefull with those sign as the Council normally take them down, but they have been ok for last game. Match poster should be ready by Thur, I contacted The Sun and they will do a preview next week on the game. I want to have tons of flyers out during the regatta. I might get the U2 Tribute band to wear a Rams jersey, do u know anyone in the Regatta Commitee? We should have the place hopping for this game, as Limerick will have Dundalk the day before. Thanks
    Marco, any point in having a special promotion for the shels match for Rams fans to get more fans than ever to go to this game e.g 1 adult ticket purchased from clubhouse prior to matchday gets 1 free adult pass or two free kids tickets for this game only. We might loose a bit of revenue on this match but would possibly encourage more people to come to games if they enjoy it and be better for our attendances in the long run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i think, from what i've heard, a lot of revenue has already been lost with these free passes, were well over half way now, if people don't want to pay to see a winning team let them off, i want big attendances but they just take the freebie and thats it,

marco do you actually have figure on how many passes you've given out this season,

don't get me wrong, id say some have come afterwards and payed, but i would like a figure to judge our recent attendances,

i remember davey hills time we had 2,000 plus in a midweek game, so whats wrong this time, not having pop, but whats different now, it was only 4 years ago, have people just given up or what.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ive mentioned free passes already but was shot down.. surely a loss on one weeks revenue is worth alot less than potential customers? and i say customers because thats wat fans are these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dont think yhave to be a brain surgeon to figure out why people are not going to matches.....
    As for free passes,i always thought tha this was a good idea..speculate to accumalate comes to mind..suppose it depends on who you give the passes to...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dont think yhave to be a brain surgeon to figure out why people are not going to matches.....
    As for free passes,i always thought tha this was a good idea..speculate to accumalate comes to mind..suppose it depends on who you give the passes to...

Love to know why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Question

Why not, nobody should have any excuses as far as im concerned, Top of the table, good football, sat night,season ticket very reasonable price and the most cobh players involved in very long time, tam are great to suporters too. Why not? We get more at games than UCD!Little fact i spotted during the week, and there was more at our game with dundalk than city bohs (2 of irelands biggest clubs) same weekend, and our match was a sunday afternoon(known for less attendances, and chelsea and man u were on tele)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dont think yhave to be a brain surgeon to figure out why people are not going to matches......

Maybe you do cause I haven't a clue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    doesn't matter if we have more than UCD, cause 4 years ago we had around 2-3000 at games, on a wednesday night, what we need to figure out is why these sunshine supporters aren't coming back now, marco is doing his best with the resources he has, and games are well advertised loads of signs an so on, im just baffled as to why the sunshine supporters still hevn't shown there faces,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast