Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on home Dominic Foley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Come on home Dominic Foley

Foley ends Shrimpers loan spell

Misfiring former Irish international striker Dominic Foley has completed his loan spell at Southend United – after failing to find the net ONCE for the struggling Shrimpers.

Foley has returned to FA Cup semi-finalists Watford, but he will not be expecting to break into the side for a big clash with Premiership side Southampton in the last four of that competition.

The Corkman last played for the Hornets at Christmas, and hasn’t notched a single goal since scoring in a victory over Rotherham United way back at the beginning of November.

He has been linked with a return to the eircom League with Bohemians and Cork City, and with his contract expiring at the end of the season, he could be signed on a free transfer in the summer.

Southend manager Rob Newman said: “Dominic came here for a month and he showed glimpses of what he’s capable of. But he’s returned to Watford now – his contract is up at the end of the season and he’s trying to get himself sorted out.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    that would be a great signing. perfect foil for Flynny

fonzi
    i agree.
    good singning.
    even as backup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think he would be a great signing....our very own international..
    He has experience and could be the poacher to compliment Johnny perfectly......

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Come on home Dominic Foley

Originally posted by Pablo
    Misfiring former Irish international striker Dominic Foley has completed his loan spell at Southend United – after failing to find the net ONCE for the struggling Shrimpers.

The Corkman last played for the Hornets at Christmas, and hasn’t notched a single goal since scoring in a victory over Rotherham United way back at the beginning of November.
    ...And this makes him a perfect signing why...?

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ¨sorry lads to shatter your dreams but dominic foley is a pretty dismal player. every club he has pplayed with he has been rubbish and if anyone saw play in lansdowne road will know what i mean. if he stinks at rotherham chances are he will stink at city

he might be the hottest footballer to come out of charleville but believe me that ain´t saying much.

he has a great looking old doll though
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Come on home Dominic Foley

Foley ends Shrimpers loan spell

Southend manager Rob Newman said: “Dominic came here for a month and he showed glimpses of what he’s capable of. But he’s returned to Watford now – his contract is up at the end of the season and he’s trying to get himself sorted out.”
    That sounds like he might be going back to southend at the end of the season.

Still, if he got the right break yould never no what might happen with him. He cant be that bad.
    IF you had read about John O'Flynn before he came to City he would have sounded worse!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The new Dublin Daily News has Bohs interested in signing him.

b_mcsweeney
    foley was very impressive when he played for ireland in the US cup thing in america in 2000. scored a couple of goals and looked capable of leading the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

foley

home for Foley would be Limeick lads me thinks. hes from the one tenth area of rath luirc and went to scholl in kilfinnan in Co Limerick so yea come on home foley to Limerick and partner stevo up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: foley

Originally posted by gael353
    home for Foley would be Limeick lads me thinks. hes from the one tenth area of rath luirc and went to scholl in kilfinnan in Co Limerick so yea come on home foley to Limerick and partner stevo up front.
    he's from Charleville i belive. why would he want to play for Limerick anyway? Ye are an embarisment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Re: Re: Come on home Dominic Foley

Originally posted by pete
    ...And this makes him a perfect signing why...?

Aah .... it doesn't
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: foley

he's from Charleville i belive. why would he want to play for Limerick anyway? Ye are an embarisment
    rathluirc is charleville.

the missus is from charleville so from a novelty point of view she would be delighted to see him play.

i think the guy will either be a noel hartigan or tommy gaynor, or even worse a george o´callaghan

Neil
    Originally posted by dalo
    ¨sorry lads to shatter your dreams but dominic foley is a pretty dismal player.
    Do you ever have anything positive to say?
    Foley hasn't played for Ireland 6 times for nothing. He's played most of his football in the English First Division which isint that bad a level.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think the guy will either be a noel hartigan or tommy gaynor, or even worse a george o´callaghan
    gwonya****** dalo......... you are the most negative person I know,.....are you ever happy boy??? Foley has played & scored in the premiership & 1st division. He has had a lot of injuries which have hampered his career. He may regain confidence in the eL and I personnaly think he would be worth a risk.

As for the GOC comment, what have you against george. the man was played out of position for most of last season, chipped in with some very important goals and was outstanding in a lot of games. He was inconsistent i know, but it was his first season in the eL.

boy you need to go and get laid or something and learn to appreciate the good things in life.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Neil
    Do you ever have anything positive to say?
    Foley hasn't played for Ireland 6 times for nothing. He's played most of his football in the English First Division which isint that bad a level.
    this is coming from people who always droned on about gunther what was so postive about them? now they are all undergoing a pauline conversation!!!!!

course i have something postive to say - just show me something that makes foley so good.

6 ireland caps? i saw him play 2/3 times in lansdowne road and it was poor to say the least. his record in english football is equally poor to say (the man spends his time warming the bench) and given the history of english based players here, it hardly inspires confidence.

it wouldn't surprise me if the lad thought playing for city was a "cushy" number. as I say he could be great but if you look at the likes of george and gaynor my reservations are justified.

also i think liam kearney and joe gamble could be better bets- thses guys would be hungrier for first team football. foley has only known failure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think he would be a good signing. He can't be that bad, he has played and scored for Ireland a number of times and if you go back about 2 seasons he was scoring all around him for Watford in Division 1. Comparing him to Noel Hartigan is just stupid.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Colm
    . Comparing him to Noel Hartigan is just stupid.

the ultimate insult for any player

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Re: Re: foley

an embarisment
    Limerick are a what???

And Foley is poor, if it was David Connolly I'd say something but Foley should never have been capped,
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
    boy you need to go and get laid or something and learn to appreciate the good things in life.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast