Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Galway Utd 2 Finn Harps 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Galway Utd 2 Finn Harps 2

Harps fully deserved their draw. We started brightly, got the goal, which was badly defended more than anything, played ok for 10 minutes then let them into the game. Gethins caused problems as the extra man in midfield(could we not have gone to 3 at the back or is that only an option when losing). Reports of Reilly setting up the 2nd goal are farcical. He went for a 50-50 ball, which surprised me, and hacked it clear. That it landed at the feet of Glynn, who finished very well, was fortunate. Our best work came from DOB down the left, but we couldn't seem to get him the ball enough. James was unlucky after a good run and O'Brien and O'Flynn combined well, only for Derek to fall over himself as he got within shooting range. And that was as good as it got.
    The football in the 2nd half was poor. Reggie marauding down the right flank was the only noteworthy element. Derek took his goals brilliantly but doesn't get involved in the game enough. O'Flynn worked very hard and challenged for every ball, but the service was poor. Rogers may have been at fault for the peno but made 3 great saves.
    As for Reilly, he is the weakest link. And everyone knows it. Including the opposition. Gethins was moved wide right in the 2nd half to get at him. He has no pace, not a great tackler or marker, not strong enough on the ball. I think the fact that he's the only naturally left-footed player who can occupy that position is why he's still there. To lose the replay would lose all momentum gained in the previous weeks as there are some tough fixtures ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Very bazaar game. The substitutions were unbelievable given our form of conceding late goals this season. James had done nothing wrong as far as I could see, O'Flynn was trying his best with what he was getting. Moran is finished IMO. Then finally Cooke who wasnt effective. MOnday is an unwanted distractive for Friday nights clash with Rovers.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Fools on Friday Night

I have to say i feel nothing but anger at the 3-4 Wallys who shouted abuse at the players as they left the pitch. what sort of ejits are they. Id expect a little more from people in section A... Real fans dont behave like that. If they cant handle their drink stick to the lemonade. Muppets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    I have to say i feel nothing but anger at the 3-4 Wallys who shouted abuse at the players as they left the pitch. what sort of ejits are they. Id expect a little more from people in section A... Real fans dont behave like that. If they cant handle their drink stick to the lemonade. Muppets
    in farness there full timers who should be beating teams like harps comfortably they need to know that its not acceptable, they have been clapped off the pitch even when they wer ****e this season which is stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    why are you trying to tar everyone from section a with the one brush. i was there and i wasn't booing any of the players. i was clapping them off the pitch like i've done in every game this year except for the waterford game
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUISAUltra View Post
    why are you trying to tar everyone from section a with the one brush. i was there and i wasn't booing any of the players. i was clapping them off the pitch like i've done in every game this year except for the waterford game
    Im not as i said there was 2-3 fools. the rest are always top notch. Thats my whole point. That 2-3 drunkards could give Section A a bad name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i didnt boo them anyway dont be in section a anymore coz i cant see nothan , but i wouldnt disagree with the lads who did they pay decent money to watch and have there own opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Booing was perfectly acceptable after some home games in the last few seasons, draws and defeats at home to tavern selections at the nether end of the First Division.

Booing after some narrow defeats and draws this season is pointless. You might as well sing "We're fickle and we know we are !". Having said that, if you pay your E15 in, you are entitled to your opinion.