Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Application forms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Application forms

I got the Slovak application form in the post yesterday but nothing for Czech game, anyone else in the same boat ?
    I applied for both of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I got the Slovak application form in the post yesterday but nothing for Czech game, anyone else in the same boat ?
    Count yourself lucky Danny.........there's feck all in my Boat!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I got forms for both games yesterday but they were in seperate envelopes - obviously justifying the €2.00 handling charge.
    AidoM

Starting on the long pilgrimage to South Africa

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No money has to be sent just numbers. Doubt anyone will get over the amount of seats thay hold in their block booking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Got both yesterday, no prices or location for the Slovakia game though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Application form for tickets for Slovakia match received in the post yesterday. I am a Block Booker.

The category is "Irish Section". The venue and the price is TBC (to be confirmed). Details of numbers required only sought.

Application form for tickets for Czech received in the post yesterday (in seperate envelope).

There are 2 categories: (incl. €2.00 handling charge)

Category 1 Price €55.00,
    Category 2 Price €37.00

The venue is Toyota Stadium Prague. Kick off TBC (to be confirmed)

Application to be returned by 22nd June and "successful applicants will be notified of the number and price of ticket/s allocated in due course"
    AidoM

Starting on the long pilgrimage to South Africa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    i was on the waiting list for block bookings for a number of years. i only started to get offered tickets from fai for the home games in croker. am i now deemed a block booker in regard to applying for away tickets???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidz1 View Post
    i was on the waiting list for block bookings for a number of years. i only started to get offered tickets from fai for the home games in croker. am i now deemed a block booker in regard to applying for away tickets???
    Nope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidz1 View Post
    No, there's no such thing. Anyone can apply for away tickets but if there aren't enough tickets for the demand, (home) blockbookers get preference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well this time they have said they are not taking applications for anyone outside the block booking basically they are saving them and peoples time by not accepting appliation forms from non block bookers as they know they will not satisfy the deman from even the block bookers.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Hadn't noticed that before, I didn't expect the demand for these games to be that high.

reder
    Got no forms for Slovakia or Czech Rep but got one for Demark away. €42 a ticket for that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how can the czechs justify €50odd euro? when a decent weekly salary is circa €80?? same bull**** evrywhere we go, big crowd so they rip us off
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Tom View Post
    how can the czechs justify €50odd euro? when a decent weekly salary is circa €80?? same bull**** evrywhere we go, big crowd so they rip us off
    Agreed Tom.....the price of the ticket would cover TWO good nights out in Prague!!

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Tom View Post
    Make a stand against it. My mates and I spoke about this last night and we have decided that we not going to go and fork out €50+ for a ticket. We will go to Slovakia, probably on some package because we have absolutely no chance of getting tickets from the FAI after they sort out all the travel agents and their corporate friends. (even though we are block bookers for the last 10+ years.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads its not about makign a stand , fact is we ripped the slovakians off for the game in croke park , you use the the decent weekly salary thing as if to see WE are gettign ripped off but in fact we were asking them to pay 2/3 of a weekly salary to watch our game. if you make a stand and the game sells out then your stand will be made in the pub i reckon.
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    Make a stand against it. My mates and I spoke about this last night and we have decided that we not going to go and fork out €50+ for a ticket. We will go to Slovakia, probably on some package because we have absolutely no chance of getting tickets from the FAI after they sort out all the travel agents and their corporate friends. (even though we are block bookers for the last 10+ years.)
    For about the 50th time and a few times to you the FAI DO NOT GIVE TICKETS TO TRAVEL AGENTS. Ray Treacy gets a limited number for his regulars. 747, Abbey Travel et al get none i.e. ZERO. There is no point in travelling with them to get guaranteed Irish end tickets. They do source home tickets locally but you will normally be able to do that yourself anyway. You pay a huge premium to travel with them

We have had 1 qualifier in recent years where tickets were a huge problem (Basle 03). It looks like Prague may be an issue but frankly I don't think there will be too many (if any) Irish locked out in the end. The locals will not be rushing out to pay €50+ per ticket.

If you are a block booker then you still have a good chance of getting tickets through the FAI. It will be oversubscribed but not massively I imagine.

Note there were 3,000 empty seats at Czech v Germany and 4,500 empty seats at Czech v Wales. Their other home games didn't attract 10,000 fans each.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    The locals will not be rushing out to pay €50+ per ticket.
    I might be wrong here but I'd have thought that the prices of €37 and €55 for tickets in the Irish end in Prague would be far more expensive than the other areas of the ground which are supposed to be taken up by Czech fans. They know we travel in big numbers so I'd have thought they were trying to get every penny they could from Irish supporters without screwing their own.

Just for the record, while the FAI justifiably get a lot of stick about various issues, I think that they do a pretty good job when it comes to the distribution of tickets for international games. When you see the way that other countries distribute tickets for their national teams it's clear that in this regard they have it about right. The only thing I'd suggest is that they set up a list of fans that travel to away games regularly so that they, as well as the blockbookers for the home games, could be prioritised when it comes to getting tickets for Ireland's away matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah the Scots have a travel club and you get points for various away games. So when it comes to the big games with high demand, those that are going to the Faroes next week will get a ticket for France in September no prob. This also carries through if they qualify. We should adopt a similar system but the one we have at the moment is not too bad.

I would trust GSpain much more than reder on this issue also.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    For about the 50th time and a few times to you the FAI DO NOT GIVE TICKETS TO TRAVEL AGENTS. Ray Treacy gets a limited number for his regulars. 747, Abbey Travel et al get none i.e. ZERO. There is no point in travelling with them to get guaranteed Irish end tickets. They do source home tickets locally but you will normally be able to do that yourself anyway. You pay a huge premium to travel with them

We have had 1 qualifier in recent years where tickets were a huge problem (Basle 03). It looks like Prague may be an issue but frankly I don't think there will be too many (if any) Irish locked out in the end. The locals will not be rushing out to pay €50+ per ticket.

If you are a block booker then you still have a good chance of getting tickets through the FAI. It will be oversubscribed but not massively I imagine.

Note there were 3,000 empty seats at Czech v Germany and 4,500 empty seats at Czech v Wales. Their other home games didn't attract 10,000 fans each.
    is the fai doing anything to stop the likes of 747 and abbey getting tickets, because if they're coming from the same place every time...

that said, i think the fai are doing a good job with tickets. also, i don't think being in the home end would be much of a problem in prague. bratislava might be worse though. was cyrmu out in prague for the wales game?
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast