Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sligo 2-1 Bohs... Unbelievable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sligo 2-1 Bohs... Unbelievable

Try sum this up!!!!!!

The best ocassion and game i have ever been present for in the Showgrounds...words cant describe it..

Can they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I Love Rovers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Simply. Unbelievable.

I am so happy....he lost, we won...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They had the last few minutes on Ocean, commentator summed things up pretty well:- On Connor "Read between the line - i do not like that man" and ...."When Bohs scored he was all very cocky...he`s not too cocky now"

Was Cook sent off?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and Gerry Carr....Hutchy and Foyzer were in charge for the last few minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ye.. fitting that faz took the peno..

thats what football is all about.
    thats what rovers is about.
    thats why i go every week..for moments like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Perfection-Sligo Rovers vs. Bohs 2/6/07

i thought we did really well today atmosphere wise
    we made it buzz.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Referee

I think we should open a discussion on Referees in the showgrounds. Maybe tomorrow when the dust settles from this win. But what is it with the Refs that take charge for our matchs? Maybe they thinks its too hostile for them and they go against us? I do not know. But surely their has to be an inquiry because Paul and Gerry where complaining about most of the desicions and Connor was obviously very happy with the refs proformance.
    What was Bohs penalty for. I did think ours was one. But maybe not i did not see Connor argueing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unbeliveable

I think it is time the manager got a mention. I know it is early days but if the type of football we played tonight, second half against Drogheda and against Cork is the type that Paul Cook is determined to play then roll on the rest of the season. I have never seen less hoofing from a Rovers team in a long time. The full backs are obviously encouraged to get forward at all times and training must be all two-touch football. His substitutions are generally sound and he seems to be easing Cash back into football with carefull thought and planning. I knew Cash was a good player but tonight when he came on he was dazzling. Hughes, Brush and Coleman also outstanding. Thought the ref was quite good until he gave them the penalty but then he lost it. Faz looked to take a dive for the penalty but so what, we should have been four up by then and Faz could have had a hat-trick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    A passionate night. A truely deserved victory and a satisfying one. On a night where it looked like it was gonna be one of those where we willl do everything but get the winner, up pops Faz and wins a penalty.

Boy, I didn't like the look of Faz when he stood up to take the pen, he offered the kick to Hughes who didn't fancy it. Then Faz decided not to run up to the ball but walk casually, CHRIST! PLEASE FAZ SCORE...............a little stroke of the ball ............BRILLIANT

Sean Connor, Harpal Singh, Darren Mansaram, Liam Burns, Richard Sutherland.....your boys took one hell of a beating :

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Couldn't believe it. No more than we deserved and what better time to score a winner, you couldn't even dream it up! Just to wipe that grin off his face. Putting his fists up to the press box after their goal, although he claimed he was just celebrating, in after match interview. He was actually gracious enough in the after match interview. Said that if we play like that all season then we'll do as well as last season and the people of Sligo are great people and the abuse was all part of the banter. Also said that he was happy that Faz scored the goal as he had got a fair bit of abuse of Rovers fans in the past. I was actually thinking in the first half that the ref was one of the best I'd seen all season until the second half, Bohs were getting everything, that penalty, I've no idea what was going on there, terrible decision. It wouldn't surprise me if Connor went in and paid him off at half time. Hughes was really a star performer tonight too, MOTM was well deserved. Think given him the captaincy may be a great move.

Looking at the bigger picture, this win really gives us a huge boost, lifts us to the top of the "relegation candidates" again, and, we actually won this without Turner. Really goes to show what we can do when we actually try. I am so delighted tonight. Great performance and thoroughly deserved the victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies View Post
    Sean Connor, Harpal Singh, Darren Mansaram, Liam Burns, Richard Sutherland.....your boys took one hell of a beating
    Don't forget Javier De Dastro and John Daffy. **** off ye ex-Rovers *******s!!.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Well done Shligo. Fairplay.

We could do without teams around us taking points off bigger teams but if yer gonna beat someone it mite aswel be the dublin b*****ds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Another thing was, it was great to see Crowe, Mansaram and Fenn not get a sniff on goal tonight. Running around like headless chickens so they were. Peers in the centre of defence makes a huge difference. Burns looked seriously unfit tonight as well, Judge had the pace on him easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Well done Shligo. Fairplay.
    It's Sligo, actually.

EDIT: Match highlights.
    Last edited by sligoman; 03/06/2007 at 2:47 AM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

Fantastic display and result. Could not argue with Hughes as MOTM but Coleman could not have been far behind - IMO he has everything and is a great prospect. The entire played well but Peers, Faz and Cash when he came on were particularly good.

Mansaran was poor and Burns was way off the pace at times.

Roll on Shams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    great game - unbelievable atmosphere -fair play to the lads who kept singing all game - cash had a real impact when he came on - coleman kept glen crowe in his pocket all game - hard to fault anyone - we just need to play like that every game really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It was like having the old shed back last night really enjoyed the avalanche when we got the winner I'd say Connor nearly **** himself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best game of the season, best atmosphere we created of the season. Was a serious game, a serious result and something that will live long in the memory. Was actually like winning the cup final, after we scored the winner i went ape ****, and was ready to spill my guts out after. But well worth it, its days like this that make Rovers worth the sacrafice. It was class to see how much it ment to the players, specially shamey, what a player, fast becoming a favourite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm still buzzing now.

I same as DRR i went mad at the end. Like everyone else of course! But i don't think i ever went that mental for a goal before! it was pure joy. I was going for Sean! i ended up on the dugout after being bout 7 rows away from it!

It truly was unbelievable. I'm delighted. Few video's up on youtube as well, of it, if you search them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    am goin back to see the u-21's in an hour..
    cant wait... just go back there again.

still buzzin as well.. feel invincible atm!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast