Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Most Impressive / Most Improved Player so far

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts

Most Impressive / Most Improved Player so far

Echoing the thread in the Eircom League section about the top 3 players so far this season who's your pick from Wexford Youths?

I'd say Paul Malone is the outstanding player so far, he seems to have learned from every game. Maybe a bit slow to progress to a much higher level but fantastic effort and great in the air.

Joey Wadding didn't break into the team for a while but when he got a chance he made a great impression. Again 100% committed player, a bit rash in the challenge and suspect judgement at times but very versatile and improving all the time. Has played wide midfield, as one of the back three and I believe he went up front for a while against Monaghan.

Conor Sinnott has been impressive but no more than expected. Marty Kelly looked excellent at the start of the season but definitely looked like he needed a rest recently.

At the back Anthony Russell is a quality player and key to the defence.

So far none of the front players or wingers have really impressed although Flynn O'Connor looks to have the ability maybe just needs a goal. Colfer is another one with plenty of talent and hopefully his 2 goal against Monaghan will be the first of many.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    For me, Paul Malone has been the most impressive so far. He seems to have plenty of stamina, a real Roy Keane type in that he's up and down the pitch and involved in everything. Marty Kelly & Conor Sinnott have looked good also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, Patsy has been our most committed and consistent performer so far this season. The qualities he's showing are exactly what Mick was looking for. I can see him becoming a key player as the team progresses throughout the season.

One or two of the injured players were starting to show promise at the start of the season too. Jason Russell practically won us the match against Cobh and Stuuy Lawlor was putting in some very solid and determined performances too.
    "People say football is a matter of life and death, I believe it is much more important than that".

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Malone, Kelly and Sinnott.
    Colfer looks promising when he plays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd have to agree with Patsi, Conor Sinnott and Marty Kelly. Hopefully Lloyd Colfer will come into his own a bit now that he's broken his duck, he hasn't been given much of a chance so far. Joey Wadding has surprised me but has also been playing well!

Can't wait to see Ducker get involved either.