Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Rennie going?

Neil

Rennie going?

On the radio in Waterford.... and mentioned here.... http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/...eid=1043243900

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would be bad news for City.
    Waterford do seem to have ambition though. Was it in the Examiner that I saw their chairman say that there aim was Europe within three years??

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Don't you just love the way chairmen come out with those "europe in 3 years comments". Always sound like FF politicians (ok well any politicians) saying things like "Ireland with be an IT hub in X years...." while having no idea whatsoever how to make it so.

No disrespect to Waterford but IMO reflects badly on City, Murphy & Lennox that Reynolds would think of leaving. AFAIK he is afterall on a 2 year contract.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Reynolds left as Gunthers been subbing him at some strange times in games lately (Pats last week excluded as he seemed injured). I think Gunther did something similar with a few other players last year as well - once it known player on the way out seemed a lot less likely to play him as probably considered disloyalty leaving...

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    with a measured opinion on Reynolds, I'd say he'll be homeward bound... He is, in my opinion, a thug... loyalty means nothing to him... granted he doesn't look like the same git that played for us but I have a feeling he's going... You won't sign a guy on a free for two years anyway...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Xlex
    with a measured opinion on Reynolds, I'd say he'll be homeward bound... He is, in my opinion, a thug... loyalty means nothing to him... granted he doesn't look like the same git that played for us but I have a feeling he's going... You won't sign a guy on a free for two years anyway...
    sound a bit bitter there

if rennie goes then pete is right it does reflect badly on CCFC. i mean waterford will struggle next year (ccfc might as well come to think of it).

so lets see we will according to the rumour mill lose rennie and flynn maybe george and murray. not exactly happy times ahead is it?

lennox's honeymoon is over
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Rennie goes, then I'm off to support Waterford next season. FIFA player of the year 2002.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have to also say that no matter what anyone thinks of Murphy he has got more out of Rennie than Stephen Kenny or Martin Lawlor... You can't forget that... We're faced with a similar question relating to Kirby... I know that if my home club got promoted I would return... Rennie and Kirby along with two more signings would seriously help Waterford stay up....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo

so lets see we will according to the rumour mill lose rennie and flynn maybe george and murray. not exactly happy times ahead is it?

that's a real worst case scenario, especially if you throw in the Devine rumour as well, but I'd say most of them will stil be here in April

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Reynolds left as Gunthers been subbing him at some strange times in games lately (Pats last week excluded as he seemed injured).
    Don't forget the fact that they can't stand the sight of each other! S**t, though, I hope it's all only media talk without a grain of truth to it.

Murphy Out Now!!!
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo

lennox's honeymoon is over
    IMO O'Flynn will be gone if he can get away to a club that fits his criteria - his ambition to succeed is what makes him good for city but will be also what will make him leave. Murray will stay if he can as will be guaranteed first team football. George ain't going anywhere - he seems the opposite of O'Flynn ambition wise.

Is hard to see where city will get replacements. Won't be able to get an imports in from the UK until the summer as the transfer window for the UK will be closed til end of their season.

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    IMO O'Flynn will be gone if he can get away to a club that fits his criteria - his ambition to succeed is what makes him good for city but will be also what will make him leave. Murray will stay if he can as will be guaranteed first team football. George ain't going anywhere - he seems the opposite of O'Flynn ambition wise.

Is hard to see where city will get replacements. Won't be able to get an imports in from the UK until the summer as the transfer window for the UK will be closed til end of their season.
    I can see where you're coming from, but, somebody please, PLEASE tell me that all this rumour mill s**t is either a VERY sick joke perpetrated by some jackeen nutcase, or that I'm just having a very bad dream.

Murphy Out Now!!!
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Shed End John
    I can see where you're coming from, but, somebody please, PLEASE tell me that all this rumour mill s**t is either a VERY sick joke perpetrated by some jackeen nutcase, or that I'm just having a very bad dream.

i'm sure we'll find out soon enough anyway

and who knows it mightn't all be bad news

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by joe
    i'm sure we'll find out soon enough anyway
    Yeah, that's what i'm potentially VERY afraid of.

Murphy Out Now!!!
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb

It matters little whether rumours true or not.

O'Flynn has already said he wants back to england although at better terms than previously.
    Hes now 2nd top goal scorer in the league, an u-21 international, on league team of the season & nominated for young player of the season which all look fairly healthy on his CV. It should come as no surprise than other clubs be looking at him.

The main thing i can see keeping him with city is the transfer window in the UK closes at the end of January. Rumours he may go back to england on loan in the eL close season aren't great news as he be surely knackered next summer from not having a break?

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rumours he may go back to england on loan in the eL close season aren't great news as he be surely knackered next summer from not having a break?
    Have to agree there. Look at the World Cup, Figo and so many other big name players just looked too jaded to perform and it was all down to the current length of the soccer season.

Murphy Out Now!!!
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The next few weeks will be interesting times alright. I don't think we'll lose everyone mentioned.
    In off seasons journos tend to link everyone under the sun cause they have space to fill and a lot of the time is just imagination talking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by niamh
    In off seasons journos tend to link everyone under the sun cause they have space to fill and a lot of the time is just imagination talking.
    What do you know about "journos" Niamh!

The rumours I want to hear are wbout the players linked with Cork City?
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i´ve been fearing this. heard the same rumours that rennie and LM dont get on. also I spoke to someone who knows rennie (reasonably well) and that person reckoned he´d be probably go back if waaaaaaaaaaaaterford came up