Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: my big annual derek o'brien rant.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

my big annual derek o'brien rant.

im sorry but the guy is just not good enough to warrant a starting place every week.his end product is nearly non-existent.he gets so much of the ball in every game but apart from setting up murph for equaliser vrs drogs and one good cross tonight what else has he produced????????he could be a very good attacking threat but he just cant beat a player and produce a cross consistently enough.the rest of his game lets him down too by pulling out of tackles and not going up with his man for a header.his decision making is v.bad too.in my opinion it should be murph on the left with russell in the middle and derek on the bench.
    if he was producing better or putting in maximum effort by not pulling out of tackles etc i wouldnt be having a rant about him but every year i just have to say the same things about him.i hope this is the last big annual derek rant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    people on here seem to be very stupid and dont realise the fasct that derek is by far and away our best winger and he's the only person who when he gets the ball there is always a chance that he can produce something. if ya wanna go through all the good things he has done. he linked up very well with shane treacy and stephen o flynn against cork and we got behind them a lot. he created and nearly finished our best chance of the game in tolka park when he comfortably beat 2 defenders but barry murphy blocked his effort. i know he might lose the ball on a few occasions but i'd definitely prefer to have a player who makes a few mistakes and is liable to create something than have someone like cooky who looks like he is afraid of his life everytime he gets the ball
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He done absolutely nothing last friday night end of story,time to give tracy a go down the left and but O'Brien down the right.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yea cookie is not there at all - id have derek before that - at leasst you get a couple of crosses/sliced shots per game!
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    im sorry but the guy is just not good enough to warrant a starting place every week.his end product is nearly non-existent.he gets so much of the ball in every game but apart from setting up murph for equaliser vrs drogs and one good cross tonight what else has he produced????????he could be a very good attacking threat but he just cant beat a player and produce a cross consistently enough.the rest of his game lets him down too by pulling out of tackles and not going up with his man for a header.his decision making is v.bad too.in my opinion it should be murph on the left with russell in the middle and derek on the bench.
    if he was producing better or putting in maximum effort by not pulling out of tackles etc i wouldnt be having a rant about him but every year i just have to say the same things about him.i hope this is the last big annual derek rant.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh F€ck.

I had a missed opportunity to bury Eamo1 today. I was with Eamo1 when I bumped into Derek O'Brien. I was going to introuce Eamo1 to Derek as "not your greatest fan" but I saw sense and said nothing.

What would you have done?
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I would have burried him !!!! Derek is a sound bloke and would have just had a good laugh at his expense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Look Derek is not the best as he runs hot and cold at best of times and is only a 70 minute player . Now as for Cookie he gives the side nothing sorry but he is not a premiership player I would rate him as avarage first division player .
    Again I have said before if Derek has any luck on the wing in the first 5 minutes of any game then most times he has a barnstroming game , on the other hand if not then we don't see him all night .

So bottom line is play him as he is the best we have on the wing .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret Murph View Post
    Now as for Cookie he gives the side nothing sorry but he is not a premiership player I would rate him as avarage first division player .
    He's not a premier Division Player either
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If people knew Derek as well as they claim to they would know that he is as frustrated as anyone else with his performances. He knows he has a lot of work to do and is certainly working his b......s off in training trying to get it right. Do people honestly think that Treacy could skin defenders the way Kerryman does!!!! Tony, Goughy and the staff know what needs to be done and it will happen. Flynny's performance on Friday night was his first real effort since he joined us other than when the ball hit off his head against Longford and he has been playing in the Premier for a couple of years now. Derek is adapting to the Premier and will produce the goods.
    FIRST WIN ON THE HORIZON IN BRAY. DONT MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i would have buried him too

.i didnt say anything about the guys personality though so ppl on here saying otherwise should stop.im sure he is a nice guy,i just dont rate him highly as a player.every single year since derek first joined us i just keep thinking the same things about him.he has improved under tony.c but still doesnt put in the effort off the ball.he still pulls out of tackles etc.
    actually cooke hasnt been great either and derek has probably produced more then him,but its only cooke's second full season,how long has derek been around and had a chance to improve his game??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    he has improved under tony.c but still doesnt put in the effort off the ball.he still pulls out of tackles etc.
    did you watch the game against bohs? he worked his socks off and made some good tackles. his off the ball work has improved a lot under tony
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!