Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Utd 0-1 St Pats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Utd 0-1 St Pats

Another frustrating Terryland night. Most of us thought we'd get beaten but not in such a manner. Defensive concentration let us down again. One mistake, one goal. Wholehearted effort by players, but end product is just not there at the moment. Pitch is not helping(I know its not groundsmans fault, but surface is very uneven).

Player Ratings

Rogers 6 Made one save of note but kickouts are still hit and miss
    James 6 Did well defensively apart from the goal.
    Charles 7 Quigley caused him problems but he was solid
    Nootimer 7 Very good again but caught out for goal
    Davoren 6 Had good 1st half chance and faded badly in 2nd half
    Lester 7 Battling effort but free kicks were poor
    Foley 7 Does the simple things well but lacks vision
    Murphy 7 Very good 1st half but wasn't involved enough after
    O'Brien 5 Took the wrong option 80% of the time. Very frustrating
    O'Flynn 7 Linked up well again but supply was lacking
    Moran 6 Average

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillimh Al View Post
    Rogers 6 Made one save of note but kickouts are still hit and miss
    Hit and miss. What a pun! Nice one Gaillimh Al.

Nootimer was our man of the match. Pat's were good but I can't see them winning the league on this performance.

I heard afterwards that they will be fined for the 3 flares that their fans let off and also, for not bringing an away strip. They brought their home kit and United had to change in to an away strip.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thought Reggie was a bit off tonight, he let a few balls get away from him...thought Lester played well apart from the wayward free-kicks.

Surely Pats would have known that they would have to wear there away kit tonight, a bit of a slip up by the kit man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I dont know what it is with Rogers kicks but he can't seem to hit it regularly in the general vicinity of one of our players. Must have been about 5 or 6 where the strikers were lined up to the one side of the pitch and he's kicked to another area with no one to challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Were Pats playing in their home kit of red and white? Their away Patselona kit is dark so that might clash with the Galway colours too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint MacDara View Post
    Were Pats playing in their home kit of red and white?
    Yes......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

pats arent great.

they had maybe 1 or 2 efforts on goal but made theirs count.the same happened in the drogheda game too when they had 3 efforts on goal and scored all 3.we had a few efforts tonight but i think only 2 were on target.for the 3rd game ina row we were on top in midfield but came away with nothing.we need good wingers(o.brien and davoran cant produce crosses).but we played well in large parts of it and if we play next friday like we have for the last 3 games then we should win handy enough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    our patselona kit would be similiar to your home jersey. your white against our red = no problem.
    Saint Patricks Athletic Fans Team. Eircom League Supporters Cup Champions 2006. P3 W2 D1 L0 F3 A0. Thats why we're champions, Thats why we're champions, Thats why.............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    they had maybe 1 or 2 efforts on goal but made theirs count.the same happened in the drogheda game too when they had 3 efforts on goal and scored all 3.we had a few efforts tonight but i think only 2 were on target.for the 3rd game ina row we were on top in midfield but came away with nothing.we need good wingers(o.brien and davoran cant produce crosses).but we played well in large parts of it and if we play next friday like we have for the last 3 games then we should win handy enough.
    Agree 100%...
    Last edited by KoemansCC; 07/04/2007 at 4:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    living in a dream world if anyone still thinks we can beat lonford,ucd,bray,waterford and MAYBE rovers easy enough.... the way ive seen the team this yr no matter who we play its a 50/50 game so my optimism have dropd massively...as things stand im hop'ing for 2nd bottom, cause apart from dundlak the rest in division 1 are muck this yr and should be beatable...im not hoping for 2nd bottom but thats all i can see possible at the moment..... apart from reggie im not impressed with any of tonys buys..... no-one can say the squad from last yr would have picked up less then 1pt in 5 games.....a team that has 5 in the middle should be bossing a game, and you'd think we we'r a man down every game......+ if you'r gonna go 3 in the back you should be playing 3 solid centers and not 2 centers and a right winger...why give billy a contract if your not going to play him?... he's only 32 or gone 33 he's not 35-36 and he's on the bench every game like so play him like...... my biggest concern if financially how we''l be hit IF we go down...in fairness no one can say they see the benefit of it because we'r the only full-time team struggling and you'd wonder whats the point looking at the first 5 games so far..... i wasnt going to judge things on this game to much it was next week i was and if we dont win i for one will be letting my feelings been known to sone ppl anyway....
    Last edited by gilberto_eire; 07/04/2007 at 3:52 AM.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Only gripe 2 jax between about 250/300 people

Good trip cheers for the hospitality
    Theres a prize for bringing the most fans you know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Most EL grounds have two jax between about 2500/3000 people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne View Post
    Most EL grounds have two jax between about 2500/3000 people
    Not 2 portables.

Some females Saints Iwas talking to werent happy for a start
    Theres a prize for bringing the most fans you know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Your male supporters must have left the seat up !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think it is going to be a long hard season, but we did play well against pats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    http://www.stpatsfc.com/watch_video.php?id=52

Highlights above. Obviously from a Pats perspective
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    living in a dream world if anyone still thinks we can beat lonford,ucd,bray,waterford and MAYBE rovers easy enough.... the way ive seen the team this yr no matter who we play its a 50/50 game so my optimism have dropd massively...as things stand im hop'ing for 2nd bottom, cause apart from dundlak the rest in division 1 are muck this yr and should be beatable...im not hoping for 2nd bottom but thats all i can see possible at the moment..... apart from reggie im not impressed with any of tonys buys..... no-one can say the squad from last yr would have picked up less then 1pt in 5 games.....a team that has 5 in the middle should be bossing a game, and you'd think we we'r a man down every game......+ if you'r gonna go 3 in the back you should be playing 3 solid centers and not 2 centers and a right winger...why give billy a contract if your not going to play him?... he's only 32 or gone 33 he's not 35-36 and he's on the bench every game like so play him like...... my biggest concern if financially how we''l be hit IF we go down...in fairness no one can say they see the benefit of it because we'r the only full-time team struggling and you'd wonder whats the point looking at the first 5 games so far..... i wasnt going to judge things on this game to much it was next week i was and if we dont win i for one will be letting my feelings been known to sone ppl anyway....
    It would be a lot more worrying if we were getting hammered in games in fairness. Its between ourselves, Waterford and Longford for relegation and id say we should have enough to finish ahead of them 2. Of the signings we made we didnt sign anyone that has played regularly in the top division so adding to the fact that we only finished 3rd in the first division last season i cant see why anyone would have expected us to be well clear of relegation. Alot of clubs have said that it takes awhile to get used to the full-time thing so hopefully it will benefit us later in the season.