Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Setanta Cup Tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Cork were poor alright. Never looked a threat. Pats were good. Ndo, Kirby and O'Neill were great.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought Cork City played well tonight (much better than they did against Waterford)but didnt have enough shots on target Joey , Kearney and Ryan played well.Pity John O flynn didnt play from the start.I still think St Pats and City will come through the group.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Pats were quality tonight. Second game in a row they won me some money!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    Cork were poor alright. Never looked a threat. Pats were good. Ndo, Kirby and O'Neill were great.
    There were chance for us alright but Pats do look good alright. Unreal signings for them alright.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    You seemed to be over-relying on Kearney. Your season will hinge on O Flynn staying injury free.

Red&White
    Are Drogheda tactics this year to bore the competition so much that they go to sleep? Dear God they're awful to watch!
    Frustrating night in general, Derry were the better side, deserved a win although they had so many misplaced passes it was unbelievable. Mc Court was in another league and must have been frustrated by the rustiness shown at times by his team mates. Still an improvement on Friday's display however.
    I honestly think Drogheda are an overrated team, but fear they could1-0 their way to the title this season. Look at Pats tonight- three goals away from home, Drogheda; admittedly had a couple of good chances but apart from that never really looked to attack.
    If we don;t win the title this year, I only hope to God a footballing team does instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White View Post
    If we don;t win the title this year, I only hope to God a footballing team does instead.

Thanks for that, good to know your wishing us the best as we steam role the league!

Beat Pats on Friday and we should be home and dry!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Pat's were excellent tonight. I can't believe Gary O'Neill didn't get the MoM award, that was one of the best exhibitions of the forward's craft ever seen in League of Ireland football. By the end of this year, everyone will rate him as highly as I always have.

McDonnell must be the jammiest bastid in football. Don't get me wrong, I like the chap, but he could plausibly have been sacked five times over during the course of his tenure at St. Pat's. He rode it out, and then found himself (more through blind luck than judgement) with a top four-standard squad at his disposal, composed of quality players who wound up at Pat's simply because they had nowhere else in the civilised world to go. He's also hit upon Fahey's ideal position (the Pirlo role) serendipitously. They could go far.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Red&White
    Quote Originally Posted by superblues View Post
    Thanks for that, good to know your wishing us the best as we steam role the league!

Beat Pats on Friday and we should be home and dry!!!
    My ANYONE but Drogheda campaign starts here.

he could plausibly have been sacked five times over during the course of his tenure at St. Pat's. He rode it out, and then found himself (more through blind luck than judgement) with a top four-standard squad at his disposal, composed of quality players who wound up at Pat's simply because they had nowhere else in the civilised world to go. He's also hit upon Fahey's ideal position (the Pirlo role) serendipitously. They could go far.[/

They have a great midfield, they have N'do, they're scoring goals, they're good to watch. Don't forget they led the table or where thereabouts for the first third of last season before falling away. They could indeed go far, and while I'm only really judging this on the first few games of the season and pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised by a top three of Derry, Drogheda and St. Pats at the end of the season. Depends on Cork getting their act together, and St. Pats lasting the pace, something far easier said than done.
    Last edited by Red&White; 12/03/2007 at 11:55 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    O'Neill was a great signing for Pats but Ndo comes to you at a cost!! If it's anything like what I hear it is then you may be better off without him.

Cork letting in 3 goals at home ?
    What use is the 350K now .....

You need to replace Alan as he was by far and away your best defender.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    We outplayed them by playing it on the ground, man of the match John O Flynn during his outstanding 15 minutes on the pitch only had scraps to feed off. Kearney played well but he was the only outlet for Cork as Behan really isnt very good.

This Setanta Cup thing is easy

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    This Setanta Cup thing is easy
    A bit like the FAI Cup, eh......?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Pat's were excellent tonight. I can't believe Gary O'Neill didn't get the MoM award, that was one of the best exhibitions of the forward's craft ever seen in League of Ireland football. By the end of this year, everyone will rate him as highly as I always have.
    If its any use to you the travelling Pats fans were split between O'Neill, Kirby and Fahey.

I can't remember a more exciting Pats team
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was surprised how weak Reading's feeder club were tonight, compared with what I'd expected. Loads of possession, plenty of energy from Kearney especially but no creativity and pretty blunt up front.

Love watching us these days though!
    Revenge for 2002

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We need a striker and right sided midfielder and I'll be happy. Hopefully we get Healy in soon enough as well. Not too worried about tonight, it seemed like a glorified pre-season game to be honest. Softic is brutal though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White View Post
    Are Drogheda tactics this year to bore the competition so much that they go to sleep? Dear God they're awful to watch!
    Frustrating night in general, Derry were the better side, deserved a win although they had so many misplaced passes it was unbelievable. Mc Court was in another league and must have been frustrated by the rustiness shown at times by his team mates. Still an improvement on Friday's display however.
    I honestly think Drogheda are an overrated team, but fear they could1-0 their way to the title this season. Look at Pats tonight- three goals away from home, Drogheda; admittedly had a couple of good chances but apart from that never really looked to attack.
    According to some on your forum, Derry's tactic were not exactly adventurous, playing only one up front. Do you think Pat will employ same tactics next week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    According to some on your forum, Derry's tactic were not exactly adventurous, playing only one up front. Do you think Pat will employ same tactics next week?

I don't think we had any tactics.
    Just give it to McCourt and hope for the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soko View Post
    Hopefully we get Healy in soon enough as well. Not too worried about tonight, it seemed like a glorified pre-season game to be honest.
    Boy those germans have a word for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    We only had one fit forward before the game and McHugh got injured after 25minutes, leaving us with none. I don't think Fenlon had any other choice to play one up front. Anyhow it was brutal to watch. Drogheda defended last night without breaking sweat. Doolin has them playing some tedious stuff though. Job done for them though. McCourt again is playing out of his skin, tackling and tracking back too. Just need the rest of the team to get on his wavelength. BTW that is twice I have seen that eejit Courtney refereeing and he is absolutely brutal.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    We only had one fit forward before the game and McHugh got injured after 25minutes, leaving us with none. I don't think Fenlon had any other choice to play one up front. Anyhow it was brutal to watch. Drogheda defended last night without breaking sweat. Doolin has them playing some tedious stuff though. Job done for them though. McCourt again is playing out of his skin, tackling and tracking back too. Just need the rest of the team to get on his wavelength. BTW that is twice I have seen that eejit Courtney refereeing and he is absolutely brutal.
    Don't we know it. A bit strange Drogheda playing for a draw, one point from 2 games is not exactly a great return. They need a minimum of 4 points in the two games against the Glens and even then, if we beat you at Windsor and you beat us at Brandywell they will still be trailing and will need results away to us and at home to you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast