Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So how did we all get on on our travels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So how did we all get on on our travels?

Hi Guys,

wondering how everyone got on. Had a cracking time despitwe the performance on the pitch. got me mug in the papers with the delany out flag which is great. Bologna as a town was not great but we had great craic with the crew that was there and special mention to supasparx for doing very well with the bus. Was a mini foot.ie meet in the Cluaricane, everyone there seemed to be a member of the forum.

As for the football, things can only get better after the last two trips. Win, lose or draw we always seem to have a scream.
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great trip, had a fanstaic time. The bus went really well, and it turns out we have 77 secrect Joe dolan fans! Had 2 great nights in The Bounty in Rimini and met loads of people from the forum.

Was in 2 papers and on the news, which was funny and embarrassing.

Got massively delayed and had to fly from Milan to Dublin instead of Forli to Stansted. Got home today rather than yesterday morning, but what can you do. Less said about the game the better. Saw the pics of the flag in a good few papers - Nice one.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis View Post
    Great trip, had a fanstaic time. The bus went really well, and it turns out we have 77 secrect Joe dolan fans! Had 2 great nights in The Bounty in Rimini and met loads of people from the forum.

Got massively delayed and had to fly from Milan to Dublin instead of Forli to Stansted. Got home today rather than yesterday morning, but what can you do. Less said about the game the better. Saw the pics of the flag in a good few papers - Nice one.
    All of the above for me too
    Great time, just slowly recovering now, but disappointing game.
    The buses were great craic.
    Nice to briefly see Milano on our travels..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Great craic trip despite the performance. The bit of Bologna I saw I thought was lovely.Rimini was fine but less impressive and the people were friendly everywhere.

The car park was a total laugh before hand (but someone owes us 35 quid for that ball). I was dissapointed with the boo-ing and I heard there was some shameful abuse hurled at the team on the far side stand. Our relative footballing success over the past 2 decades (and I also think our new found economic wealth) has given us something akin to British footballing culture, where post game finger pointing is the priority.Love them when we're up, hate them when were down. Its easy to be a fan when times are good.

The Bounty was some craic after the game, some great songs been blasted out, but totally dead when we arrived down last night.

Chant of the weekend :
    When Hunt was brought on to the tune of 'he's got a pinneaple on his head'/'we've got the best team in the land'

He's got Cechs he-ad on his knee
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face

Great time in Bologna and the trip to/from the match due to the great crowd. The Tuesday night in the Cluaricane was a scream and it was great to meet up with fellow foot.ie .The place was jumping by the early hours and the locals played their full part - fair play to them. Full marks to Supasparx for organising the bus.

Now finalising the Bratislava and Prague trip in September.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In milan monday night, total dump, very quiet aswell, the two nights in rimini in the bounty was top notch, great banter, talked to a few heads off the forum also. back is still in bits (as i fell/pushed off a table in the bounty).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Green Tribe View Post
    All of the above for me too
    Great time, just slowly recovering now, but disappointing game.
    The buses were great craic.
    Nice to briefly see Milano on our travels..
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    In milan monday night, total dump, very quiet aswell, the two nights in rimini in the bounty was top notch, great banter, talked to a few heads off the forum also. back is still in bits (as i fell/pushed off a table in the bounty).
    I'm with the girls on that as well.

I think we outed a good few foot.ie members in the Bounty and on the GT BUS and Supasparx Bologna bus. I was really proud of the flag and how it was received and the publicity it got.

Citizen if you fell off the table serves you right - you shouldn't have been up there in the first place (Bouncers were threatening to close it early on Tuesday when table dancing started first)
    AidoM

Starting on the long pilgrimage to South Africa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Francesca from the Bounty taught us how to swear in Italian last night.

It has been both entertaining AND educational.

"Get the panadol out for the lads"
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good trip, was great to meet so many of yis in one hit. Thanks to everyone who made the coach ride fun (even the closet drinkers) you know who you are.
    Thought Bologna was a nice town although not alot to it. All the Italians I met were friendly folk. Delighted to swap scarves with a Bologna fan.
    Onwards to a meet in Bratislava/Prague, unless I see anyone in Dublin next month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Rimini was brilliant.

Bologna and Milan were brutal

Oh, and cr*p match too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The plan was to view Inter v Roma in Milan on Sunday and down to see Ireland get a comprehensive win against San Marino. So it didn't really work out as expected but we had a great trip all the same.

Da Vinci's last supper in Milan, Venice for 24 hours, the delights (!) of Rimini, San Marino old town, the game(!) before back to Milan and a stadium tour around the San Siro.

Superb trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ye great few days cant remember the match thank god good crack over all aidom your always with the girls
    horney[dublin brian]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Had to spend an extra night night in Bologna due to flight being cancelled, nearly kissed the ground when got back to Dublin, great trip am still fceked.

Regards to all those I met and drank with which was many.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We have just been flown home from Forli by Murdock out of the A-team.

I swear to god we were upside down at one stage. Coming over the bay, odds were good on us being Dublin airports first ever 'wing first' landing.

(At this stage, I would like to point out that there is no shame in crying like a little girl.)

I am going to lie down now, and when I wake up, there will have been no match on Wednesday (ergo, no pythonesque equalizer) no 3 litre steins of Forst, no terror at 30,000 ft, and John Delaney will never be heard saying more to the Irish people than "Good Evening Ronan", in his capacity as the Lotto's new independent observer.
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah had a great trip myself, despite the match. All the crowd in Bologna that I met were good laugh and good to put a few faces to foot.ie names etc. Also I am glad I did not lose my passport or sleep in the wrong hotel room.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Great trip, the crack in the Bounty almost made up for the match, got some classic videos on my camera too, see YouTube later on. Loved San Marino too.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Yeah had a great trip myself, despite the match. All the crowd in Bologna that I met were good laugh and good to put a few faces to foot.ie names etc. Also I am glad I did not lose my passport or sleep in the wrong hotel room.
    Agreed.....excellent trip! Tuesday night in the Cluricaune will live in the memory ( trouble is I can't remember much! )

Great to meet so many of the "Real Team " ( not that useless lot on the pitch ), and even found two "seemingly suitable" candidates for the title of Son-in-Law!!...........obviously not Jans Leman (also now known as "My Jacket" )

Nearly had a disaster on the way home......got to Bologna Airport only to discover I had left my bag ( containing money, credit cards & passports ) back at the hotel! ......Made it back in time though.

A very special thank you to our Bus Conductor....Supasparx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was a brilliant trip right up until kick off , tuesday night in the bounty was a great night. wed night was good too but was shattered.
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    I seem to be an exception. I stayed in San Marino itself (flew in to Rimini). Most spectacular views from the top of the mountain of the land below and could see out to the Adriatic. Absolutely breath taking. Not many other Irish fans there I think (a couple of busloads) and the place was quiet but enjoyable nonetheless. We had 3 Elvis Presleys on our bus with lime green outfits. Only the one idiot shouting at regular intervals to the Italian female courier to "get them off"

We met some day trippers to San Marino from Rimini who told us the craic was great there. For a €50.00 taxi trip each way we decided to stay where we were.

Unique and enjoyable.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I was talking to a couple of lads over there who found out the hard way that there's another San Marino that's in the alps. How I laughed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast