Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bright New Dawn of FAI Leadership

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Hold your horses, if you ran a McDonalds & you went on the radio sayin that the resturants are a disgrace & that the guys in head office are muppets, do you not think that you would be in serious trouble?
    Your analogy is wrong though - it's more akin to McDonalds customers having a pop. Something they would have every right to do in a free society. Will we see a McLibel style Eircom League court case?

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    The site is run independently by a supporter. The article was written by a supporter. I don't think the club pays anything towards the upkeep of the site. The supporters called them MUPPETS.

Free Speech to all!!
    My mistake! I thought it was the club website. Fair enough then! I have no prob with anyone saying anything, just from previous experience of opening my big mouth I know how damaging things can be for a club if its said officially and I understand that concept now.

Block G thanks for the compliments.....am not being a mouth piece for anyone, I just hate to see injustice. The people I have met in the FAI and the things I have seen give me reasons for stand up for them in some posts but other than that I dont necessarily toe the party line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    The people I have met in the FAI and the things I have seen give me reasons for stand up for them in some posts but other than that I dont necessarily toe the party line.
    Thats fair enough I suppose
    There was probably a few good egg's in the nazi party too so I guess we shouldn't tar the entire FAI with the same brush as their fearless leader

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its a nut and a sledgehammer job

does anyone in the FAI not have the brains to see that in its attempt to control opinion to make it positive they only succeed in generating widespread bad opinion from within the LoI support base and from observers in the media who rightly are highly critical of this approach

its a lose lose situation - yet they keep coming back for more

by highlighting it (the article) they've given it far more credance and a far greater audience than it would ever have achieved had they left well enough alone

this new "fai" is destined for serious failure IMO as the people running it haven't learned a thing from the past

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steve ive tried pm'ing you.i cant as you've exceeded your limits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was full of hope for the future of league as a result of the F.A.I. takeover but, alas, it would appear from their action on this issue my hope has been sadly misplaced. Another "fine" mess methinks.
    Ask not what your club can do for you but what YOU can do for your club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think the real issue with regards to this article is what happened to Neil Riordan's O and apostrophe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    wws hit nail on head with those remarks

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No Disrespect to the Derry site,but how many people would have read the article other than it was publicised by the FAIs actions?
    This fine is going to make a lot more of an impact on the image of the FAI than anyone else.
    The usual will happen in that people will want to read what all the fuss was about.
    Delaney is not exactly Mr Popular or held in any esteem by the media (and the public) at the minute. This action will only draw attention to himself that frankly he doesn't need at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    Steve ive tried pm'ing you.i cant as you've exceeded your limits
    In more ways that one!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads www.derrycityfc.net is not an official website as such! things that are posted on this website are posted by fans, they are not in anyway connected to the club other than benig fans. The club do not popst on this site, nor do they pay for the up keep of this site, therefore it is not the clubs!

Also there is a disclaimer on this site, so for anyone from the FAI who may be reading this, stick this in your pipe and smoke it ya shower of b*sterds!

[B]Disclaimer
    Whilst this website has become the de-facto official website of Derry City Football Club, it is essentially an independent production and the views expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect those of the Club or its Board of Directors.

However, Derry City FC provides us with unparalleled access to players, staff and news and we enjoy an amicable and mutually beneficial relationship with the Club.

All proceeds from advertising/sponsorship on CityWeb, go towards the maintenance, upkeep and production of the site and associated projects (e.g. iCandy) – CityWeb is not a commercial venture and does not make a profit.

The use of editorial matter from newspapers, websites or other media sources is done so without the permission of the content owners but we operate under a strict commitment to fully credit the source of the content as well as provide hyperlinks back to the associated website, if it exists.

The views of contributing authors to CityWeb may not correspond with those of the site owners and the site owners take no responsibility for any defamation or libel contained therein.

If you have any questions or would like to contact the website team, please contact us via the Feedback page.

This taken from Derrycityfc.net

http://www.derrycityfc.net/site/about.php

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Isn't there a bit in licensing rquiring clubs to have a club website? Could Derry be Shelegated?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    727 Posts
    Man, this is pathetic. A guy on the Derry forums put it very nicely, "At the end of the day, all the EL-related websites collectively probably do more to help promote the league than the FAI have ever done."

There was an article in one of the tabloids on this. Someone's posted it online here. This whole thing has brought far more negative attention on the FAI than the article ever could have on its own. Ironically, the FAI's own belligerent incompetence is serving to highlight their belligerent incompetence. Maybe they deserve a fine.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Isn't there a bit in licensing rquiring clubs to have a club website? Could Derry be Shelegated?

nice try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    nice try
    His point is valid.

Clubs are required to have a website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    His point is valid.

Clubs are required to have a website.
    Ahem..... 5000 Euros it is then

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Should have been more specific, i was on about Derry being Shelegated lol.Havent actually read the licence criteria, but having a website is a bit of a weird one wouoldnt ye tink?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Not really. All clubs should have programme, website, tv gantry, press facilities etc etc. A good thing enforcing this IMO

Of course you shouldn't be shelegated, you shouldn't even be fined but expect the worse with these clowns
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Should have been more specific, i was on about Derry being Shelegated lol.Havent actually read the licence criteria, but having a website is a bit of a weird one wouoldnt ye tink?
    Not really, clubs must also have facilities for the press etc. If in their licensing application submission Derry City listed their website as being www.derrycityfc.net then I'm sure the FAI are entitled to consider it as their official site.

If Derry claim its not their official site well then its a case of having your cake........

Either way its fvcking ridiculous that the FAI are handing out fines for articles that are 'fair comment'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    727 Posts
    It's expected these days. I remember one of the papers remarked that Limerick's website hadn't been updated in over a year or something while the club was going under.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast