Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: How good is Gary Dicker?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,250 Posts

How good is Gary Dicker?

A Birmingham City fan (rhodesy) PM-ed me on their forums wanting to start a trhead on Gary Dicker here, but he can't register because his e-mail isn't allowed. Said he can follow the thread if I post it and everyone waffles away.

I also said to watch out for any eulogising from thegit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    having seen a fair bit of him the last couple of seasons, he has struck me as one of the most technically adept players in the league.. i often wondered what sort of player he might have become had he had full-time training in england at a young age, and now i suppose we'll find out.

his strongest asset is his ability to win and retain the ball in tight situations with his long legs and clever ball skills. passing over medium to long distances is generally very good as well. drawbacks would include an occasional failure to impose himself on matches.. without wanting to lapse into cliche, it seems that irish (and english) football tends to require very strong, direct central midfielders (papa bouba diop v. stephen ireland) and dicker sometimes appeared a big lightweight in there against far less talented bullies.

all things considered, while i naturally wish gary all the best in his career and will keep a close eye out for its progress, his departure will be a big loss to this club (moreso than kavanagh, arguably) and personally i will really miss the touch of class and elegance he brought to the midfield.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah now Pineapple I was told if you can't say something good say nothing at all, I'll say nothing apart from I think they got a good young player, the only thing that will hold him back is getting over the fact that they have more than 3 fans double wink! sorry for leaving the last fan out

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Dicker is a class player. He very rarely loses the ball, even when there are two opposition players around him. He's very good working in small space, he can easily turn two players at the same time and keep the ball.

His passing his very good, with a high percentage of accuracy. However he very rarely makes any incisive passes/through balls. He usually spreads the ball out to the wing. He rarely runs with the ball. He is decent in the air as well.

He doesn't make to many forward runs, he tends to sit back more and dictate the tempo in an Andrea Pirlo type of way, just not as deep lying.

He's more than able to get stuck in and is a very good tackler. He is an intelligent player and reads the game well and would make a good holding midfielder in the future IMO if he strengthens up a small bit.

He's a quality player and will make a good Championship player in the future if he reaches the potential that he is capable of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegit View Post
    Ah now Pineapple I was told if you can't say something good say nothing at all, I'll say nothing apart from I think they got a good young player, the only thing that will hold him back is getting over the fact that they have more than 3 fans double wink! sorry for leaving the last fan out
    Just concentrate on becoming the finished article, damn you. Good luck in Birmingham. Sorry about never giving you the player of the year award, but Tony had a Martin Scorsese style streak of winless nominations.

The general impression of Dicker is probably best summed up by his entry in the uncyclopedia: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Gary_Dicker

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    John as i said before if im Dicker, Pineapple is Pete Mahon. Racism is rife for such a small club, since when does Jade Goody write for UCD, no wonder he left, he just couldn't get into the cool gang at college heh!

http://www.sportsfile.com/fotoweb/Pr...E7A809489275C9
    Last edited by thegit; 06/02/2007 at 3:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegit View Post
    John as i said before if im Dicker, Pineapple is Pete Mahon.
    You're either Dicker or you're related to Dicker in some way, that means you have a conflict of interest when you post about him. Either fess up to the relation or don't post on topics discussing him again.

The rest of the utter twaddle from this thread has been binned.

adam