Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter Bourke Gone To Westport

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Exclamation Peter Bourke Gone To Westport

Newsflash ........... peter bourke is goin to westport ... You heard it here first... Apparently he paid the referees out of his own pocket for a number of games and the ballyheane committee never gave him the money back and he got fried and jumped ship. There is a case of John "Bird" kelly about this. Remember he went to Manulla after a fall out with the committee???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya i have also heard that he has payed the trainer's wages a few times,and not got the money back? ballyheane must have serious money problems????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Know nothing about this!!
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

wow

Quote Originally Posted by the grape vine View Post
    ya i have also heard that he has payed the trainer's wages a few times,and not got the money back? ballyheane must have serious money problems????
    Id understand a player paying the ref once in a blue moon but having to pay the gaffer out of his own pocket??? C'mon man...... are you sure?? Get Reno in here Quick im sure he'll answer the charges

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Facts

Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    Newsflash ........... peter bourke is goin to westport ... You heard it here first... Apparently he paid the referees out of his own pocket for a number of games and the ballyheane committee never gave him the money back and he got fried and jumped ship. There is a case of John "Bird" kelly about this. Remember he went to Manulla after a fall out with the committee???

Firstly John Kelly left because of a personal dispute which he has since got over nad moved on. Secondly I don't think Peter Bourke was payrolling Ballyheane AFC for the season !. I love the ways stories get wings.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    none of my business how any club is run,but the least you would think is that this player would get his money back straight away(that is if the money is there)? sound's like a very messy situation for both club and player...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    none of my business how any club is run,but the least you would think is that this player would get his money back straight away(that is if the money is there)? sound's like a very messy situation for both club and player...

You are aware that he is also treasurer of the club.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    so you'll be losing a class player & a treasurer !!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    so you'll be losing a class player & a treasurer !!

im sure ballyheane committe will sort something out, bourke paid for manager's wages a couple of times and once to a refree which im sure he will be repaid for. mabye bourke sees ballyheane struggling with the top three sides in the super league in terms of players,managment, and ambition its hard not to look at what celtic are doing, mabye westport is an escape route. whatever his decision im sure it will be justified and i wish him well, id prefer if he stayed and im sure the lads on team will feel the same...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Firstly John Kelly left because of a personal dispute which he has since got over nad moved on. Secondly I don't think Peter Bourke was payrolling Ballyheane AFC for the season !. I love the ways stories get wings.
    I know its stories but i actually heard it off 2 Ballyheane players so there must must be some truth in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    You are aware that he is also treasurer of the club.
    I was informed last night that he "was something to do with the committee" by a Ballyheane player. This both saddens and angers me . Its not just in ballyheane The Don, its in nearly every club in the county. Players take no interest in the day to day runing of the club or give a monkeys either. They assume it runs its self and money grows on trees. I didnt realise Bourke was on the committee and i have the upmost respect for him after hearing that. I am the youngest committee member at our club and players have to come on board if they have any love for there club which im sure Bourke did. Maybe Ballyheane have financial problems i dont know but what i do know is that so do over half the clubS in the Mayo league. Its time players got off their holes and put a bit of effort into their clubs instead of pulling on a jersey every sunday and hoping their picture gets into the Connaught Telegraph or rural clubs will end up in hot water . If Bourke was annoyed then i dont blame him. Its hard when you put your heart into a club and get nothing in return. But ( and correct me if im wrong) i assume that the committee was finding it difficult like all small clubs in top flight, and couldnt meet the demands of football in way its become so proffesional. There is two sides to this story but i would hope thet the Ballyheane players and officials would rally round each other now and work to make the club one of the most respected as it always was. GOOD LUCK TO THEM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It is time to bring on the Renovater!! I'm sure he would love to sink his fangs into this debate!!
    Last edited by Thunderblaster; 11/12/2006 at 9:00 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

from the pub to empty pint glasses

Fisrt and formost I dont run Ballyheane Football CLUB nor do I sit on its committee.
    However I am A where that at the end of any year clubs always find there is the odd bill not paid due to short fall of funds or that moneys where not paid in to meet the bills. I also reason to believe he was the treasurer of the club.
    regards to him making personal contibutions sounds to be a bit far fetch.
    I am also awhere that the players and them soley where responable for any expenses due to the team manager.So if player or players are shouting throw empty pint glasses shame on them for airing there dirty washing.and casting out the club.Of course there is a place to deal with this matter or any matter concerning Ballyheane or any other club,and thats at a meeting with those concerned. Not at the local public house.I take it the same poeple would have proberly never attended a meeting before.The only person is the loser here is the person shouting his mouth off.and formost letting his club down.
    As regards to finance of Ballyheane would be the same as any other club.And that is always looking for money to meet its daly cost.
    As regards to the club owing Money to Peter Bourke I would be assured that would not be the case.As matter of the players owing Money to Peter Bourke ,only P.Bourke can answer that.
    But one thing remains for sure Peter Bourke is Not going to Westport Dispite player or players talking through empty Pint Glasses
    With regard to the coments about the bird that was an indifferants between him and the Manager as to why he left, And I will tell you he wont be the last to leave ballyheane or any other club.
    Last edited by renovater; 11/12/2006 at 11:07 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    Fisrt and formost I dont run Ballyheane Football CLUB nor do I sit on its committee.
    However I am A where that at the end of any year clubs always find there is the odd bill not paid due to short fall of funds or that moneys where not paid in to meet the bills. I also reason to believe he was the treasurer of the club.
    regards to him making personal contibutions sounds to be a bit far fetch.
    I am also awhere that the players and them soley where responable for any expenses due to the team manager.So if player or players are shouting throw empty pint glasses shame on them for airing there dirty washing.and casting out the club.Of course there is a place to deal with this matter or any matter concerning Ballyheane or any other club,and thats at a meeting with those concerned. Not at the local public house.I take it the same poeple would have proberly never attended a meeting before.The only person is the loser here is the person shouting his mouth off.and formost letting his club down.
    As regards to finance of Ballyheane would be the same as any other club.And that is always looking for money to meet its daly cost.
    As regards to the club owing Money to Peter Bourke I would be assured that would not be the case.As matter of the players owing Money to Peter Bourke ,only P.Bourke can answer that.
    But one thing remains for sure Peter Bourke is Not going to Westport Dispite player or players talking through empty Pint Glasses
    With regard to the coments about the bird that was an indifferants between him and the Manager as to why he left, And I will tell you he wont be the last to leave ballyheane or any other club.
    well said reno!!! nothing worse than dishing up some dirt on your own club..shame on you who ever you are..
    SOLLUTION TO HEANES PROBLEMS??? Hang on to bourke by all means possible get a good mediator in if necessary!! Sign up Scotty for xmas so youl have to Geordies up Front... Get rid of the €250 a week manager who is a very talented man with brilliant ideas but only in an ideal world where football is played likle the beautiful game it is i.e the premership not mayo super league.. Re-instate I.Duffy get back to playing 3-5-2 and install the pain of playing against a resilliant side,who scrap for everything...Roll on the old days which saw ballyheane get to last 16 f.a.i. and by the time March comes around have the squad raring to go like which they always are.. except this time john clarkes training from the last year will have rubbed off this time its not costing a penny.......Heane can get through this and learn from there mistakes

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    very well said,players should be a little more tight lipped.. i remember seeing ballyheane playing that 3-5-2 system about 3-4yrs ago, very hard to break down and very organised team back then, maybe they could get back to some kind of form again. i think only if they can holded on to p.burke and maybe 1-2 new face's to strenghten the side. only time will tell???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I heard from a club official that Peter Bourke signed for Westport last weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    I heard from a club official that Peter Bourke signed for Westport last weekend.
    Can he play in the Connacht Cup for Westport - i think he can cause Ballyheane have not play in it yet so therefore Peter wouldn't have play in it either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Can he play in the Connacht Cup for Westport - i think he can cause Ballyheane have not play in it yet so therefore Peter wouldn't have play in it either.
    Ballyheane did not play as you said, there is the 14 day clearance rule after transferring to his new club and as far as I can see, it is all systems go.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robben 11 View Post
    well said reno!!! nothing worse than dishing up some dirt on your own club..shame on you who ever you are..
    SOLLUTION TO HEANES PROBLEMS??? Hang on to bourke by all means possible get a good mediator in if necessary!! Sign up Scotty for xmas so youl have to Geordies up Front... Get rid of the €250 a week manager who is a very talented man with brilliant ideas but only in an ideal world where football is played likle the beautiful game it is i.e the premership not mayo super league.. Re-instate I.Duffy get back to playing 3-5-2 and install the pain of playing against a resilliant side,who scrap for everything...Roll on the old days which saw ballyheane get to last 16 f.a.i. and by the time March comes around have the squad raring to go like which they always are.. except this time john clarkes training from the last year will have rubbed off this time its not costing a penny.......Heane can get through this and learn from there mistakes
    AND SO SAY ALL OF US and good luck to bourke in his new club.he left his dirty washing behind him anotherwords he ran for cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    AND SO SAY ALL OF US and good luck to bourke in his new club.he left his dirty washing behind him anotherwords he ran for cover.
    I cant help but feel just a little bit of sarcasim in that .You would be the first to correct someone else on them comments. YES???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast