Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dundalk dig deeper hole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave drummerboy View Post
    Dont worry ill not be doing anything like that . Id rather not pay 55 quid a tickets for irish macthes anymore then throw petrol all over myself . Editing this just seen your post and that is ******** dundalk did not re ask for a playoff the fai said there was one about 6 weeks before end of season .
    Here's a post from last May:

http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=482605&postcount=324

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    Potentially the most pointless game in history?
    There's to be a playoff between 11th in the premier and 2nd in the first for who will be ranked 12th or 13th gaining the winner 1 point. Even worse, in the very likely scenario that one or both teams aren't within a ranking point of the team above or below them in the 200 points for the current season, it will make no difference at all to their overall score because in that section it's the ranking and not the overall score that counts.

This has the potential to be one of the most pointless end of season game in football's history.

At the end of 2006 playing season, clubs will be allocated ‘competition points’ on the basis of
    their League standings and performances in FAI & League Cups and Europe. When the total
    ‘competition points’ accrued by each club is tallied, they will be ranked accordingly – the club
    with the highest number of competition points is ranked 1, with the club with the lowest number
    of competition points ranked 22 for the purposes of the IAG process.

League: Premier Division League winners receive 22 points, runners-up 21 points reducing on a
    point per position down to 1 point for bottom place in the 1st Division.

Last place finisher in Premiership in regular season will be ‘relegated’ => ranked #14 in league
    standings and allocated 9pts
    1st Division winner will be ‘Promoted’ => ranked #11 in league standings and allocated 12pts

Club finishing 11th in Premier will play off against 1st Division runners up.
    Winners of the play off will be finish #12 in League standings and gain 11pts
    Losers of the play off will be ranked 13th and allocated 10pts.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    now does answer your question regarding the playoff - the obvious next question is why your club is claiming to be ignorant of the playoffs role and are claiming they were duped ... still trust your directors every word on this issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    from dundalkfc.com

15 December 2006: Ahern slams outcome

Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Dermot Ahern TD told The Argus "I find it incredible that a team which hsa performed to such a high standard and attracted such growing support should be denied it's rightful place - promotion to the Premier League"
    I have, among thousands of other fans from Dundalk, followed the team all season. They have shown great skill and courage in battling to the promotion places and defeated a Premiership side in the play-off. Yet they have been denied promotion based on what I can only describe as a somewhat crude set of statistical analysis that flies in the face of natural justice".
    "Why have the play-off's in the first place? Why put the team and fans to such huge expense? Clearly it wasn't in the script that Dundalk succeed....I call on the FAI to reconsider this decision. And even at this stage to extend the number of teams in the Premier League to include Dundalk".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    The man hasnt a clue either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    I seriously wonder about the future of Dundalk F.C..Is there anyone involved who actually read the proposals for the new league before they voted for them. They keep going on about the points given for off field matters when it was their on field points that did for them.

The harping on about the playoff is laughable as everyone except for the lazy journos knew that all this counted for was a few extra points in their overall score.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yet they have been denied promotion
    ahh for christ sake.

Promote the ****ers, promote them to the premier division of the Eircom league for next year.

They can be the only club in the feckon thing.

when are they going to just grow the feck up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Club finishing 11th in Premier will play off against 1st Division runners up.
    Winners of the play off will be finish #12 in League standings and gain 11pts
    Losers of the play off will be ranked 13th and allocated 10pts
    Could someone email this to Dundalk Football Club....
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    from dundalkfc.com

Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Dermot Ahern TD told The Argus "I find it incredible that a team which hsa performed to such a high standard and attracted such growing support should be denied it's rightful place - promotion to the Premier League"
    I have, among thousands of other fans from Dundalk, followed the team all season. They have shown great skill and courage in battling to the promotion places and defeated a Premiership side in the play-off. Yet they have been denied promotion based on what I can only describe as a somewhat crude set of statistical analysis that flies in the face of natural justice".
    "Why have the play-off's in the first place? Why put the team and fans to such huge expense? Clearly it wasn't in the script that Dundalk succeed....I call on the FAI to reconsider this decision. And even at this stage to extend the number of teams in the Premier League to include Dundalk".
    Might have something to do with an election coming up next year and Dundalk being his consituency. A government minister really shouldnt be trying to bully a football assosciation in to doing what he wants.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    Might have something to do with an election coming up next year and Dundalk being his consituency. A government minister really shouldnt be trying to bully a football assosciation in to doing what he wants.
    "Thousands of other Dundalk fans"?? Where?

"Premiership"?

Message to DFC: LET. IT .GO.

KOH

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    And even at this stage to extend the number of teams in the Premier League to include Dundalk
    Mr Ahern, don't give up the dayjob. Although with drivel like that you probably should!
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    from dundalkfc.com

Empty vessels, me thinks

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I just wonder what the Waterford United board are thinking or doing at this moment. I know the Dundalk board are not happy about winning a play-off and not getting promoted (which they should be ) but think of it this way. We were in the Premier League for the last 5 years - ok we struggled for the last 2 years but our off the Field problems are gone we were improving on the Field. We were replaced in the Premier league by a team that finished 3rd in the First Division. Now Im happy for Galway to be up there they have worked hard also but Waterford United were told at the Start of the year get Your off the field problems sorted and u WILL be in the Premier League....

Just 1 more point we had our Annual Dinner Dance recently which John Delaney was present at that dance he TOLD people there WATERFORD UNITED were in the Premier League next year thats the reason people are ****ed off down here. And this is TRUE i heard it myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAsItGoes View Post
    We were replaced in the Premier league by a team that finished 3rd in the First Division.
    How were you replacfed by the club who finished third ?? How were you replaced by ANY specific club ??

The whole idea of the process was to start from scratch and assess the teams. You therefore were replaced by your failure to meet the required standard - not by any particularly team.

Waterford really do have nothing to cry about here. Under the old system you WOULD have been replaced by the 3rd-placed team from the First division anyway. And bloody rightly so...!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Waterford aren't crying about anything steve. Anyone regular poster here who supports the club has held their hand up and said fair enough, First Division next year. I would be curious as to why we received such a low score for the off the field criteria, as according to the points breakdown that has been posted up, the structures do appear to have been put in place. I'm not whinging about the mark we received, but the same as everyone else, I'd like to see where we lost so many points compared to other clubs.
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Ahern is as big a plank as Gill. Will someone at Dundalk please tell the club and local representatives to shut the hell up. As Delaney has said, the club has a responsibilty to inform the fans that they knew about the play-off and that they knew about the criteria for entry to the new league.

For a club that has been an embarrassment for years this is a new low.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    A new low ?

How about Rovers using sports captial grant money to pay players wages in 2004 and 2005 ?

Still unanswered questions about your off field points total after fraudulent years of accounting by your club.

Zero and I mean zero holligans within your club ?

And this weeks favourite, the fai coming out supporting tallaght while letting Limerick rot.

The fxxxing audacity of you lot is unbelievable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    did anyone really expect dundalk and our fans to just take being left in division 1 without all this tit-for-tat rubbish?

the board and all connected with the club are merely trying to keep the fans interested and the current bandwagon afloat by appearing to fight a decision which is unfortunately correct and in my eyes, and hopefully in most non-retarded dundalk fans, should be forgotten about and put to bed before it becomes an even bigger farce. dundalk picked up a great amount of support and local media attention this season and our board, in my eyes, are trying their very best to keep our numbers up in this regard.

what i would ask our own fans, and indeed fans of all eircom league clubs, to do is to leave this supposed 'matter' in the hands of dundalk's apparent legal team and that fai. it is a complete non-story which detracts from a real sporting farce, and that is the fact that limerick may possibly be without an eircom league entrant this term.

on behalf of reasonable dundalk fans i'd like to apologise for our club, and one utter fool who associates himself with it, detracting from the main issue at hand and that is the dawn of a new league.

best of luck to those in the new premier and make no mistake about it, dundalk fc will be back where i feel we belong sooner rather than later. but i just hope to god we do it the right way and in doing so win back some of the pride and dignity one of ireland's finest clubs has thrown away in the past week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    A new low ?

How about Rovers using sports captial grant money to pay players wages in 2004 and 2005 ?

Still unanswered questions about your off field points total after fraudulent years of accounting by your club.

Zero and I mean zero holligans within your club ?

And this weeks favourite, the fai coming out supporting tallaght while letting Limerick rot.

The fxxxing audacity of you lot is unbelievable.
    Our club is run well in a professional manner and has firm targets to reach in the next 5 years across all aspects of football - on the pitch, off the pitch and in the community.

Your club and Limerick, on the other hand are both a complete mess (Limerick are worse obviously but it's all relative)

Sort your club out and see what happens. You never know, it might surprise you....

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryscore View Post
    did anyone really expect dundalk and our fans to just take being left in division 1 without all this tit-for-tat rubbish?

the board and all connected with the club are merely trying to keep the fans interested and the current bandwagon afloat by appearing to fight a decision which is unfortunately correct and in my eyes, and hopefully in most non-retarded dundalk fans, should be forgotten about and put to bed before it becomes an even bigger farce. dundalk picked up a great amount of support and local media attention this season and our board, in my eyes, are trying their very best to keep our numbers up in this regard.

what i would ask our own fans, and indeed fans of all eircom league clubs, to do is to leave this supposed 'matter' in the hands of dundalk's apparent legal team and that fai. it is a complete non-story which detracts from a real sporting farce, and that is the fact that limerick may possibly be without an eircom league entrant this term.

on behalf of reasonable dundalk fans i'd like to apologise for our club, and one utter fool who associates himself with it, detracting from the main issue at hand and that is the dawn of a new league.

best of luck to those in the new premier and make no mistake about it, dundalk fc will be back where i feel we belong sooner rather than later. but i just hope to god we do it the right way and in doing so win back some of the pride and dignity one of ireland's finest clubs has thrown away in the past week.
    Well said gerryscore.

Dundalk have been crying now for the best part of 3 or 4 months about this process. To me it smacks of them knowing that they would not make the Premier Division and so were laying the seeds for some court action.

You didn't win enough points and so you didn't get in. Take your scolding.
    I got no lips I got no bones where there
    were eyes there's only space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    We are rovers

You avoided every single point I raised.

Never once did I make the suggestion that DFC ticks every box going, far from it infact, its the thought of other fans having a go while suggesting that eveything is rosy in their garden, typical irish double standards, of which rovers are a prime and disgraceful example of.

If you had read the widely available results fromt the IAG, you will see we actually came joint 8th overall from 21 clubs on the off field points section.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast