Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Tickets for Manchester United Home Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tickets for Manchester United Home Games

Hi folks,

I registered a couple of weeks ago and didn't realise the process took so long. Anyways, away I go with my first post.

My wife has hinted that she would very much like to go to see United play at home this year and so as a Christmas present I'd like to make this a reality.

I reckon the perfect game is v Charlton in the Premier League on February 10th, but I've no real clue of how to go about making this happen. As a Liverpool fan myself, I don't have the first clue how to go about getting tickets.

As has been pointed out numerous times on this forum, it's far cheaper and more flexible to try and do this sort of thing yourself instead of going the tour operator route - which I've looked into and at 400 notes for a trip over via boat per person I'm not really up for booking with them. Apart from this, there is the added problem of my wife being a school teacher, and so taking the Friday off is not really an option - boat trips leave on the early Friday morning sailing.

I've priced flights over and they are working out reasonable enough, and I'm sure I could source accommodation - but that just leaves one vital thing....

A couple of match tickets. Don't suppose anyone could point me in the right direction or suggest what I might be able to do to try and gaurentee the trip as a Christmas present? It's pretty important too as this is our first Christmas as a married couple and I'd like to get my wife something very memorable.

Thanks in advance,

MickoD
    MickoD - a part-time Bohs Man, full-time Liverpool Man

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    It's tough to get just tickets on there own unless you are an official member of United, but it can still be tough to get tickets even when a member. Celtic Horizion Tours do pretty good package deals, give them a shout to see what they can do for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers for the reply man. It was actually Celtic Horizon Tours that had the boat trip weekend I mentioned. Do you reckon they could do something with flights too?
    MickoD - a part-time Bohs Man, full-time Liverpool Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ask the same question on dedicated Man Utd forums Mick and I'm sure you'll get pointed in the right direction.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MickoD View Post
    Cheers for the reply man. It was actually Celtic Horizon Tours that had the boat trip weekend I mentioned. Do you reckon they could do something with flights too?
    Yeah they do boat day trips and over night flight trips to all premiership matches.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MickoD View Post
    Stephen's Green Travel do a package which includes match tickets, shuttle bus transfer from Manchester Airport to hotel, and from hotel to Old Trafford and back. They give you the option of a day trip or weekend trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    was over at the derby on saturday (in the city end) but there was a good few touts around with tickets.
    saw a couple in the trafford bar and a mate of mine has bought them there before at in or around face value....
    My da's a manure fan and joined some "one united" thing and pays 50 quid a year or something and gets tickets for most games (other than city/pool/arseanl/chelski) without much hassle

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    A couple of my mates were over in Manc on Sat for their Chrimbo party, went down to the ground to soak up the atmosphere and were able to buy tickets at the ticket office.

Big chance to take obviously, but I can't see Charlton being a bigger attraction than City.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    A couple of my mates were over in Manc on Sat for their Chrimbo party, went down to the ground to soak up the atmosphere and were able to buy tickets at the ticket office.

Big chance to take obviously, but I can't see Charlton being a bigger attraction than City.
    They're pulling yer leg Clifford. United don't sell any of their home premiership tickets for what they consider category 1 games (Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City) via the ticket office. They obviously got them from another source, as ticket office is only open for collections only on match days.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    They're pulling yer leg Clifford. United don't sell any of their home premiership tickets for what they consider category 1 games (Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City) via the ticket office. They obviously got them from another source, as ticket office is only open for collections only on match days.
    Can't see why they would to be honest as it matters not a jot to me, but I'll take your info on board when i meet them tomorrow night. They had no other source as they just showed up on the day for a bit of craic and couldn't believe their luck. Maybe someone was supposed to collect and didn't or something?

I know nowt about catagories etc so I'll bow to your knowledge. Only trying to pass on the info to Micko D in case it helps at all.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.