Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Any of these allowed under EL/FAI/UEFA/FIFA/Ollie rules

Flares
    Fireworks thrown into the Drogs fans
    No segregation
    Cash taken on the stiles

Thought none of these were allowed but the all took place at Tolka Park tonight. Ollie will probably look for a replay.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Sure he'll probably go to court for the two goals disallowed tonight!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And several bottles thrown by both sets of fans........the keyboard warriors will have a field day.

as far as i know on the segregation shels fans were in the mainstand and lego for the last few games but the guards decided tonight to let drogs and shels in together at the same main stand end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Don't be silly.

The rules are quite clearly unclear on the issues, which should allow for an appeal on the part of the Offended Party (i.e. the party against which the claim has been made, based in Drumcondra) to claim negligence on the part of Someone Else, leading to the loss of a short term lead, qualifying the Offended Party to take three points from the Chief Offender (i.e. the most easily blameable side, or the closest rival for position), for attempting to gain unfair advantage over the Offending Party by deliberately setting out to win points on weekends, during which, owing to no fault of their own, the Offended Party has failed to register the maximum number available. However, should the Offended Party feel that an injustice has been done, provision is not ruled out against adding a further point. Should the Offended Party throw a double six, they then get to choose a striker from a nearby participant for free, plus take a Chance Card. Should the card say "Go Directly to Jail", they are entitled to appeal this by whining until they get their way.

However, should any side attempt to enforce these rules against the Offended Party, they then become the Morally and Unjustly Infringed Upon Party, which entitled them either (i)to relegate teams with squads of more than three good players to the First Division, or (ii) remove all the good players from that side until they are no longer a threat to the Moral and Just nature of the Morally and Unjustly Infringed Upon Party (i.e. the Gypsy-Stripping Principle).

It's all pretty straight forward, lads, you should know this by now. All the honest business men do.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    Flares
    No segregation
    Cash taken on the stiles

Thought none of these were allowed but the all took place at Tolka Park tonight. Ollie will probably look for a replay.

Tolka Park should be renamed to something along the lines of Guantanamo Bay - clearly the rules dont apply to this ground or people who play here ???

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,265 Posts
    The rules clearly lay down quite specific penalties for such instances, and then qualify them by saying that "any other penalty as may seem fit" is also allowed. The penalty was to listen to John Delaney sing "Hello my baby, hello my adrling, hello my rag time gal" into a PA system* for a while. So, in answer to your question - yes, of course it was allowed. And you owe me E3k for questioning it.

*- obscure Simpsons reference. Apologies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I don't know about any of the others, but under Ollie rules, anything that benefits Shelbourne is allowed.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In my opinion, for what it is worth, you are all just bad losers!

Shelbourne might win the league, and when they do they deserve to do so. I look forward to next season when the best team in the league, that won it on the pitch, represent us in the Champions League and will cheer them on whole heartedly along with Sheridan.

We might have all these qualms about legal if's and but's, at the end of the day the EL will only prosper with the greatest squad we have all (as EL fan's) witnessed put together take on the might the rest of Europe have to offer.

It's a dead on cert that the mighty Shels will get to the group stages and then who'll be complaining? Eh, who will complain then?

I love Shelbourne anyway so I'll be there, will you?

[How much text does sarcasm cover?]
    I'd rather die laughing than trying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Derry play football better suited to Europe than Shels, in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Flares
    No segregation
    Cash taken on the stiles

The chap who the let the flare off was removed immediately and thrown out (however, I think this chap is a blow-in from DCFC might be wrong). The fool who threw the firework was not seen so what do you expect to happen? . It was a joke that you lot went into Section B, on your arrival into the ground there were a no. of Shels fans already in this area but yet you still ended up going there.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    As far as i know the bottles were handed to the Garda Sergeant on duty and a complaint made. Han'nt heard anything this yet this morning about the two people that were injured but a complaint was also made about this. It was an absolute farce. Two words....brewery and p!ss-up!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjoe View Post
    but the guards decided tonight to let drogs and shels in together at the same main stand end
    Was talking to the guards before the match and at half time as it was a very strange decision. They said it was shels decision to put us in with their supporters!! At half time the guard I was talking to finally agreed that it was madness

Btw shels should be heavily fined (and even points deducted ) for thier ****e security arrangements lastnight
    Last edited by Cosmo; 04/11/2006 at 10:15 AM.
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red View Post
    The chap who the let the flare off was removed immediately and thrown out (however, I think this chap is a blow-in from DCFC might be wrong)
    As DCFC (presume you don't mean Derry) season tickets are valid in Tolka then he is now a Shels fan

The fool who threw the firework was not seen so what do you expect to happen?
    A hefty fine for not controlling you fans and permitting serious unsafe practises inside the ground. So nobody at all saw him because he got a loud cheer after the bang went off.

It was a joke that you lot went into Section B, on your arrival into the ground there were a no. of Shels fans already in this area but yet you still ended up going there
    If your stewards had told us to go to the riverside we would have, but we were told to sit wherever we wanted. Look at Shelsweb for the last week and you will see several Drogs fans asking where we would be located.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    As DCFC (presume you don't mean Derry) season tickets are valid in Tolka then he is now a Shels fan
    That is terrible logic!
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The chap who the let the flare off was removed immediately and thrown out (however, I think this chap is a blow-in from DCFC might be wrong). The fool who threw the firework was not seen so what do you expect to happen? . It was a joke that you lot went into Section B, on your arrival into the ground there were a no. of Shels fans already in this area but yet you still ended up going there.........
    We still ended up going there because the idiots who were supposed to be doing security i.e stewards and the gardai told us to .It was your little schooligan scumbags who threw 2 fireworks into our section .One hitting a woman in the face and breaking her glasses .Then there were bottles hurled at us , and some shels fans tried to attack the supporters club bus .A good nights work for Shelbourne .Oh yeah Ollie verbally abused some Drogheda supporters as they left the ground , and the blatant disregard for health and safety as we were made leave through a tiny little exit down steps in total darkness .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Just a thought but would Drogheda fans have been put in the main stand for the benefit of tv to fill it up?
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    i could not believe my eyes when I was watchin the match last nite and I saw the shels and drogs fans occupyin the same stand! a bunch of muppets these cops are! how come the vocal shels fans werent in their usual spot in the stand?

i was at the athlone galway match and the same trouble happened durin the game. have da guards security any sense whatsoever?

i am ashamed to be an eircom league fan at the moment!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    Just a thought but would Drogheda fans have been put in the main stand for the benefit of tv to fill it up?
    It would appear so , when we saw the Richmond stand was occupied by Shels fans we made our way to the Riverside but were turned back.
    When we complained to the Gardai about there being no segregation the sergeant on duty said that was a decision by Shelbourne FC and to sit "wherever we find a seat"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Was talking to the guards before the match and at half time as it was a very strange decision. They said it was shels decision to put us in with their supporters!! At half time the guard I was talking to finally agreed that it was madness
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=506

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads for the firework and the women amongst you who disagree with flares,i whole-heartedly apoplgise,i apologise for anyone who had any kind of a mix up with any of the small minority of our fans that are scum,i again apologise but for this

Quote Originally Posted by ndrog
    and the blatant disregard for health and safety as we were made leave through a tiny little exit down steps in total darkness
    Your just looking for any excuse to use against Shels,get a grip!

The bottles came from both sets of fans by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    shels should be heavily fined (and even points deducted ) for thier ****e security arrangements lastnight
    Cosmo,you just can't be taken serious anymore
    Last edited by Anto McC; 04/11/2006 at 2:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast