Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Winding Down the Season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Winding Down the Season

Just hit me today how horribly disappointing this season has turned out when no-one can be even bothered to post about a) a upcoming derby game against Cobh, and b) the fact that it was one of the worst performances I've seen by a Limerick team. It's a shame that a season that started out with promise has ended with us not even caring about losing to the Bogmen of Cobh.

A lot to be picked over in the closing weeks though, like how we managed to turn a potentially title winning squad into a group of players who are just playing out the season game by game, how Fr.Joe is still allowed to walk around the streets of Limerick, and what we should do for next year.

Personally I think we should get the Supporter's Club re-started as soon as possible next year, possibly hold an AGM before the last game of this season to decide who is doing what, and see what we can do to try and improve things from our standpoint next season (the drop off in attendence is one thing that needs our help). Hopefully if we can get ourselves organised, and Danny gets the club sorted we can push on next year and hopefully have something legitimate to talk about in the closing weeks of next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You failed to mention the event of the season when LFC in Exile and Jebus had a pint together.

And even more amazingly i agree with you on the SC front. I always feel a bit reluctant to talk about the SC since I am in exile and not able to contribute as much as I'd like - but I think a strong SC is really important and I'd go so far as to say that the SC kept the club alive in the seasons prior to this one.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile View Post
    You failed to mention the event of the season when LFC in Exile and Jebus had a pint together.
    Lim till I die acting as honest broker

I've just been off the phone to the Yanks aswell and I fully expect to have that whole Middle-East thing trashed out by the end of the week

Watch this space