Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Keogh

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Andy Keogh

Any thoughts on this lad, saw him in a couple of games for S****horpe this season, although untried at a decent level as yet, i think he's got great potential, pacey and strong,skillful ,all the things our Clinton doesn't possess, i see the premiership scouts are also looking at him, maybe stan should have a look as well, anyone know what part of the country he's from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    AFAIK he's from South Dublin not far from me,I think he's another Joey's player.
    And you ask me to help you??!! Man is evil!!!! Capable of nothing but destruction!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know much about him to be honest just that every time they have a match on tv the English commentators pronounce his name Andy Keeee---oooohhhh which is quite annoying....
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Plays a little like Robbie.

Blond hair, white boots, good with the ball at his feet and comfortable taking people on. Quite quick & tricky. Good finisher in the lower leagues. Yet to be tested at a higher level.

Another classic Irish shortarse though, well under 6 foot from what I can see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

Blond hair, white boots, good with the ball at his feet and comfortable taking people on. Quite quick & tricky. Good finisher in the lower leagues. Yet to be tested at a higher level.

good finished and like robbie keane, theres a contradiction if ever i heard one. Saw him play earlier in the season ,looks good, dont think hes a natural finisher though, 3 goals so far in 11 games in league one .

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I think the Robbie comparison is accurate, but in the sense that a lot of his good work is done outside the box.

The goal he got against Forest last week was instinctive and his first goal this season was quality, a mazy run in 90th minute which beat a few defenders and he slotted in from a tight angle.

His team mate & striking partner, Billy Sharp, has 8 goals to Keogh's 3 though.

I think Keogh has already got a few for the U21s.

He's one of several who could do well or he could end up like Michael Reddy, a very good lower league forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    S****horpe manager Brian Laws admits that he could struggle to keep strike duo Billy Sharp and Andy Keogh.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/6067384.stm
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 20/10/2006 at 2:25 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    from 11 a side(might be the same as Eireboy's, but his link don't work for me)

S****horpe chief fears Premiership scouts

October 20, 2006

S****horpe United manager Brian Laws has revealed that “seven or eight” scouts from Premiership clubs have made the journey to Glanford Park to monitor the progress of front duo Billy Sharp and Ireland under-21 star Andy Keogh.

Former Sheffield United trainee Sharp and ex-Leeds United apprentice Keogh have formed a potent strike partnership for the Iron over the past 15 months.

The scorers of 46 league goals between them since the summer of 2005, the pair have won plenty of admirers from the top flight.

And S****horpe boss Laws admits he faces a battle to keep them at the club.

He said: “I’d be foolish to think they are not creating interest. We had seven or eight Premiership scouts at our last game.

"Money is always the root of all evil and every player has his price but we are determined to keep them.

"I’d be a very naive manager if I did not think somebody might come in for them. I’m very aware of which clubs are around. The list of scouts gets longer and stronger every week.”

maybe he's the next Jamie Forrester(ex-leeds, prolific at times in lower divisions)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    When I read that article it seemed to me that Laws is saying "we've got 2 great forwards, pay us good money and they're yours". It was more like an advertisement than a "I hope we can keep them" remark!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack View Post
    from 11 a side(might be the same as Eireboy's, but his link don't work for me)
    Change the 4 stars in the link to make the word scunthorpe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Reminds me of the Howard Wilkinson story at Sunderland. He had just taken over and spotted Sean Thornton - bleached hair, white boots, fake tan. "Son you'd better be some F&*king player".

As for Keogh as has been said very promising but needs to play at a higher level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ogba View Post
    Don't know much about him to be honest just that every time they have a match on tv the English commentators pronounce his name Andy Keeee---oooohhhh which is quite annoying....
    Tell me about it,I've got the same surname. Every time I go through a UK airport it gets me going!
    And you ask me to help you??!! Man is evil!!!! Capable of nothing but destruction!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

according to soccerbase, he's 6 foot, but they've gotten plenty of stuff wrong before...

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_de...playerid=39039

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    According to Football Manager he's 6'0 and 11stone11lbs

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Fair enough, but if you see him I expect you'll agree: he simply doesnt look physically imposing. Nippy & mobile, sharp & skillful yes. A threat to a big centre-back, no.

Given how the game is going these days is 6 ft even tall anyway? The Czech Republic team from 1 to 11 would give Munster a run for their money in the lineout. Just about any central European team for that matter. Germany were all huge, so too Croatia, Macedonia...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Here's an article website about how he's getting on at wolves and his recation to being called up to the senior squad.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/...name_page.html

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Interesting story connected to Andy Keogh. One of my best friends travelled with me to Euro 88, Italia 90, USA 94 and all home and many away games. Then came Saipan when he was in the RK camp and refused anymore to follow "the muppets who wouldn't support Roy". Mick Mc was public enemy No. 1 and he gave up supporting Ireland. Then out of the blue he tells me Andy Keogh is one of his past pupils (he's a teacher) and is now supporting Wolves as a consequence.

The wheel has turned full circle (almost as he still doesn't go to Irish games anymore but did turn up in Paris for the draw).

From what I have seen of AK, he looks a good prospect along with Ward. Play off match between Sunderland and Wolves: what are the odds ?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    From what I have seen of AK, he looks a good prospect along with Ward. Play off match between Sunderland and Wolves: what are the odds ?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be great and I would love to see Gary Breen score the winner and see the reaction on Captain 'bloody' fantastics face..... and Keanes as Sunderland go up thanks to a Breen OG

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Wouldn't it be great and I would love to see Gary Breen score the winner and see the reaction on Captain 'bloody' fantastics face..... and Keanes as Sunderland go up thanks to a Breen OG
    From a purely Irish point of view (ignoring the managers), Stokes and Murphy are the only Irishmen at Sunderland with potential to kick on. Keogh and Ward would be in a similar boat so 2-2. The game will come to pass. Of that I have no doubt.

And I am not sure why you would want a former Irish international to score an OG!! Afterall, we all dreamt of a team of Gary Breens.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    And I am not sure why you would want a former Irish international to score an OG!! Afterall, we all dreamt of a team of Gary Breens.[/QUOTE]

It's called irony....

ps.... some of dared to dream of a team containing Breen being lead by Roy Keane to win the World Cup by until a ding bat muppet whose ego was .... ah no won't go there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast