Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 380 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    either are Celtic fans. I'd love to see him at Celtic though. Fans are the most fickle people in the world. Most of them wouldn't even know Keane has over 20 goals this season, they just judge him on the fact that he's a regular on the bench these days. I've certainly changed the minds of a few Celtic fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree most people are fools, they rarely look at facts and rely on journalists to form their opinion.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    either are Celtic fans. I'd love to see him at Celtic though. Fans are the most fickle people in the world. Most of them wouldn't even know Keane has over 20 goals this season, they just judge him on the fact that he's a regular on the bench these days. I've certainly changed the minds of a few Celtic fans.
    EB it looks like you might get your wish. Strachen has been quoted in a few of the Sunday papers saying he wants to make Keane his first signing.
    He signed him at coventry and had nothing but praise for him when he left for Milan so there might be some truth to it.
    Pity Larsson is not still there to pass on some tips on awareness and finishing.
    Wouldn't be a bad move though. There's also been reports that Newcastle want Kanute, Keane and Owen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i heard ages ago robbie would go to roma as part of the mido deal that would be class having an irishman in the best league in the world and there in europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a move to celtic would be a disaster i doubt theyll even get to the CL as they have to qualify

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorge lenehan
    i heard ages ago robbie would go to roma as part of the mido deal that would be class having an irishman in the best league in the world and there in europe
    remember the last time he went to Italy, didnt exactly work out did it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    a move to celtic would be a disaster i doubt theyll even get to the CL as they have to qualify
    Are you serious? They have the sufficient co-efficient to be seeded for both qualifying rounds and be a 2nd seed in the group phase. While some of the non-seeds are tough in the 3rd qualifying round you would assume at this stage there is more of a chance they will qualify than not.

Incidentally I believe Keane scored for Ireland against Celtic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Are you serious? They have the sufficient co-efficient to be seeded for both qualifying rounds and be a 2nd seed in the group phase. While some of the non-seeds are tough in the 3rd qualifying round you would assume at this stage there is more of a chance they will qualify than not.

Incidentally I believe Keane scored for Ireland against Celtic.
    2nd seed for group stages,your taking the **** i doubt theyll even get seeded for the 3r qualifier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    remember the last time he went to Italy, didnt exactly work out did it
    there was a change of manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    2nd seed for group stages,your taking the **** i doubt theyll even get seeded for the 3r qualifier
    Excuse me? Mind your manners. I know this for a pure fact. If you bothered to look up the co-efficients and understand them you wouldn't make a post like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Excuse me? Mind your manners. I know this for a pure fact. If you bothered to look up the co-efficients and understand them you wouldn't make a post like that.
    fair enough but that just goes to show the way the game is run seeding woeful teams like celtic it saddens me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    fair enough but that just goes to show the way the game is run seeding woeful teams like celtic it saddens me
    Over the last 5 years from which the co-efficient is drawn Celtic have beaten Bordeaux, Ajax, Juventus, Porto, Rosenborg, Blackburn, Celta Vigo, Stuttgart, Liverpool, Boavista, Lyon, Anderlecht, Barcelona, Shaktar and drawn another two times with Barca and drawn with AC Milan, drawn with Bayern Munich as well as having won a few other games against minnows. One of these seasons included a run to the UEFA Final, another to the quarter final, plus qualification for the CL 3 times. They don't make these things up.
    Last edited by Poor Student; 29/05/2005 at 3:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Over the last 5 years from which the co-efficient is drawn Celtic have beaten Bordeaux, Ajax, Juventus, Porto, Rosenborg, Blackburn, Celta Vigo, Stuttgart, Liverpool, Boavista, Lyon, Anderlecht, Barcelona, Shaktar and drawn another two times with Barca and drawn with AC Milan, drawn with Bayern Munich as well as having won a few other games against minnows. One of these seasons included a run to the UEFA Final, another to the quarter final, plus qualification for the CL 3 times. They don't make these things up.
    what about the last two years celtic are not the team they were thir players are old but most of all there is no hunger whatsoever ansd theres no funds for the summer celtic are sliding down a slippery slope and i can only laugh at least rangers are showing ambition and im not a rangers fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    what about the last two years celtic are not the team they were thir players are old but most of all there is no hunger whatsoever ansd theres no funds for the summer celtic are sliding down a slippery slope and i can only laugh at least rangers are showing ambition and im not a rangers fan
    Co-efficients don't deal with opinions or circumstances. They deal with facts and results. However two seasons ago Celtic very narrowly lost out on qualifying for the 2nd round of the CL and reached the UEFA quarter finals knocking out Barca along the way. Last year was pretty poor however Celtic did only lose to Barca and Milan with late goals and could have beaten Milan at home. Things have gotten a bit stale at Celtic but a new manager has come and no one knows how much funds are available to him yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    You're new round here so this is your first and final warning. No more trolling.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    You're new round here so this is your first and final warning. No more trolling.

PP
    what??? ye weirdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    plastic paddy is wright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    plastic paddy is wright

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Robbie was interviewed after this evenings game.............

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...&TEAMHD=soccer

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    The last quote was a bit mischievous , hinting that he thinks Strachan is better than Jol. What he actually said was something like "I said years ago that Gordon was the best manager I played for" i.e., before he played for Jol.

Still, I'd forgotten he'd played under Strachan before & this adds credibility to the suggestion Robbie could be at Celtic soon, esp. as he only has one year remaining.