Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Sportsmanship Dead ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smellyfeet View Post
    Lads am i right in thinking that this county final is GAA!!!

Well why not play a soccer match at the same time,
    if they want to go to watch a GAA match i say off with them....Different sport....If there was a soccer final on would the GAA refix there league...I think not....
    Good to see that all the bigots are not just in the GAA!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    County teams being short due to GAA commitments is hardly the fault or concern of those making the fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadend View Post
    County teams being short due to GAA commitments is hardly the fault or concern of those making the fixtures.

Exactly.
    If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lack of common sense is though

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Perhaps the season shouldn't start till October every year then, make sure every player for every club is back from Holidays and such. Hell they could regularly call games off due to Weddings/Stags/21st/ Anniversaries or any other thing that could cause a team to be short players even, gasp, GAA county finals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadend View Post
    here i wasn't implying that i was just saying thats the situation you have with county teams and soccer fixtures because GAA is played more... most weeks some county teams will scrap their best squad and others they have to bring players from their B or C squad because of GAA. it doesn't matter what you try to do this situation will stay... but i can fully understand patrickswell situation on Sunday senior final is a big event and fair play to those 9 lads who went out to play cause they missed a good game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smellyfeet View Post
    Lads am i right in thinking that this county final is GAA!!!

Well why not play a soccer match at the same time,
    if they want to go to watch a GAA match i say off with them....Different sport....If there was a soccer final on would the GAA refix there league...I think not....
    hi smelly feet

you are correct it was a gaa game. however we did not look for the game off we fulfilled the fixture. the issue was one of a broken agreement on the day.

we also played our Fai game that morning we never seek games off due to gaa games. but sometimes we are short on the youth side when they clash.
    Last edited by Old keeper; 17/10/2006 at 4:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    hi smelly feet

you are correct it was a gaa game. however we did not look for the game off we fulfilled the fixture. the issue was one of a broken agreement on the day.

we also played our Fai game that morning we never seek games off due to gaa games. but sometimes we are short on the youth side when they clash.
    yeah you got good result against us old keeper, we have got very poor recently. your forwards ran me rotten at the back on sunday my old age kicking in

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoops 1967 View Post
    Oldkeeper,i think because of the pike chairmans relationship with a recently suspended LDMC member you wouldnt be his favourite person......................
    Who is the suspended LDMC member and why is he suspended??
    I know Old Keeper probably cant answer that one, so can someone else answer it.[/QUOTE]

Hughie O'Neill was suspended locally had it reduced to 12 months oin appeal to Cork. Appealed that decision to FAI and accompanied by Mick Noonan of Pike, Eamon Heffernan of Fairview and Paul Neville of Caherdavin (to name a few) lost his appeal and now stands suspended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [/QUOTE]Hughie O'Neill was suspended locally had it reduced to 12 months oin appeal to Cork. Appealed that decision to FAI and accompanied by Mick Noonan of Pike, Eamon Heffernan of Fairview and Paul Neville of Caherdavin (to name a few) lost his appeal and now stands suspended.[/QUOTE]

why was he suspended?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hughie O'Neill was suspended locally had it reduced to 12 months oin appeal to Cork. Appealed that decision to FAI and accompanied by Mick Noonan of Pike, Eamon Heffernan of Fairview and Paul Neville of Caherdavin (to name a few) lost his appeal and now stands suspended.[/QUOTE]

why was he suspended?[/QUOTE]

lads old keeper is ger finnan with st,pats dats why he is upset he just got voted of the ldmc dis year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We shouldnt and dont need FIFA or anyone to tell us what is and isnt sportmanship.If you want to put the ball out cause an oponent is injured do it.
    Come on PAULO Di CANIO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the only 1 View Post
    Hughie O'Neill was suspended locally had it reduced to 12 months oin appeal to Cork. Appealed that decision to FAI and accompanied by Mick Noonan of Pike, Eamon Heffernan of Fairview and Paul Neville of Caherdavin (to name a few) lost his appeal and now stands suspended.
    why was he suspended?[/QUOTE]

lads old keeper is ger finnan with st,pats dats why he is upset he just got voted of the ldmc dis year[/QUOTE]

Thank God you told us that,did you figure that out by yourself, i think everyone on this site knew who it was,he's the man trying to bring the ldmc out of the dark ages.Doesnt matter how long his on the ldmc, IT NEEDED NEW BLOOD BADLY.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads old keeper is ger finnan with st,pats dats why he is upset he just got voted of the ldmc dis year[/QUOTE]

Hi theonlyone.

I'm sorry but I picked my name on this site as a description rather than something to hide behind! I would be pretty silly to try and pretend to be anyone else. but lets get back to the point of this thread shall we?
    Now that you have established who I am, do you think I was wrong to be upset when a team broke an agreement made before the game started?
    Do you think I was wrong to be upset when the chairman of one club was misquoting the laws of the game?
    Do you think it is good sportsmanship to try to humiliate your opposition?
    letme know your opinion.

lastly it is spelt Finnin not Finnan and did you mean voted onto the LDMC in your post?
    Last edited by Old keeper; 19/10/2006 at 1:14 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holycrossjock View Post
    yeah you got good result against us old keeper, we have got very poor recently. your forwards ran me rotten at the back on sunday my old age kicking in
    well in fairness the result was in doubt right up to the final whistle, and once again it was a pleasure to have a good clean game of soccer played by both sides as is always the case with holycross

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lads old keeper is ger finnan with st,pats dats why he is upset he just got voted of the ldmc dis year
    Hi theonlyone.

I'm sorry but I picked my name on this site as a description rather than something to hide behind! I would be pretty silly to try and pretend to be anyone else. but lets get back to the point of this thread shall we?
    Now that you have established who I am, do you think I was wrong to be upset when a team broke an agreement made before the game started?
    Do you think I was wrong to be upset when the chairman of one club was misquoting the laws of the game?
    letme know your opinion.

lastly it is spelt Finnin not Finnan and did you mean voted onto the LDMC in your post?[/QUOTE]

Finnin?, are u not related to Dermot Finnan ex Fairview legend...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by newlad View Post
    Hi theonlyone.

letme know your opinion.

lastly it is spelt Finnin not Finnan and did you mean voted onto the LDMC in your post?
    Finnin?, are u not related to Dermot Finnan ex Fairview legend...[/QUOTE]

No Relation i'm afraid!

Mind you having played on one of the best minor teams to come out of fairview I would like to think that I might be a bit of a legend myself

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am afraid to say soccer will always be the poor relation when it comes to Gaa cussons.
    All you can do is go cap in hand. but the gap is closing and in some cases good gaa clubs and football clubs agree to work with one another in the interest of sport. so I say fair play to those who do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Finnin?, are u not related to Dermot Finnan ex Fairview legend...

No Relation i'm afraid!

Mind you having played on one of the best minor teams to come out of fairview I would like to think that I might be a bit of a legend myself [/QUOTE]

no hes alberts brother

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That takes the biscuit

Well I really have heard it all now!

Secret meetings! pre printed letters being sent to clubs! petitions for emergency meetings! misinformation on why people were suspended!

Who needs sky movies,

If anyone or any club needs to know why any member of the committee was suspended please contact the committee or myself by email or just PM me. as they say the truth is a great release.

And for those who say that they are not getting involved in issues, there is the saying that goes

"All evil needs to prosper is for good men to do nothing"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast