Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Feature on RTÉ Radio 1

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Feature on RTÉ Radio 1

Did anyone hear Brian de Salvo's feature on RTÉ last Friday. I didn't hear it myself, but I was told that the general gist of it was about the move to the Bowl.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

While off the Bray forum for once, have to say as one who went to College and played 14 seasons with Pegasus (and one for UCD freshers) that whats happening to Belfield Park is Corporate vandalism. Great setting, great pitch, went to/played in many great games. Is the Bowl still a swamp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Rules View Post
    Is the Bowl still a swamp?
    I went down to gawk at it a couple of times and it looks nice. The stand is quite aesthetically pleasing (it has blue seats!) compared to the one in Belfield Park. It has a score board too. The pitch looks good from afar in that it has no obvious lumps out it and seems neatly green all over.

Unfortunately Belfield Park is in the feck @rse of nowhere and many students aren't aware of the existence of that part of the campus at all. They'll know where the Bowl is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    Unfortunately Belfield Park is in the feck @rse of nowhere and many students aren't aware of the existence of that part of the campus at all. They'll know where the Bowl is.
    That's coz they're all rugger heads that couldn't care less about footy. The'll all be in the sportsbar for the matches watching Leinster on Setanta. "Collars up; roish".
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colie View Post
    That's coz they're all rugger heads that couldn't care less about footy. The'll all be in the sportsbar for the matches watching Leinster on Setanta. "Collars up; roish".
    I'm sorry Collie but I'm the bearer of bad news. The Sports Bar passed away last summer, it is succeded by a yoga room and a trendy café.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Better & better! From the home of the team that almost downed Everton at their height and spiritual home of Kevin Moran.... to sharing with jolly hockeysticks and a bunch of Ross O'Carroll Kellies (and yoga/cafe for relaxation). God help domestic football!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Rules View Post
    While off the Bray forum for once, have to say as one who went to College and played 14 seasons with Pegasus (and one for UCD freshers) that whats happening to Belfield Park is Corporate vandalism. Great setting, great pitch, went to/played in many great games. Is the Bowl still a swamp?
    Talking about Swamps, i parked in Belfied last Friday and walked over the field until i nearly lost my bloody runners ! sunk up to the middle of my calf, nearly sh*t myself

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    When you look towards Belfield Park all you see is a whole load of trees blocking what you can see of the stadium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    Talking about Swamps, i parked in Belfied last Friday and walked over the field until i nearly lost my bloody runners ! sunk up to the middle of my calf, nearly sh*t myself
    Then don't walk across our field, it's just been re-seeded. There's a path that goes around it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet View Post
    Then don't walk across our field, it's just been re-seeded. There's a path that goes around it.
    Would you relax FFS!

Gate open to walk accorss it and no signs to say it had been reseeded or that it was a health hazzard so why would'nt i save myself a bit of time ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    Would you relax FFS!

Gate open to walk accorss it and no signs to say it had been reseeded or that it was a health hazzard so why would'nt i save myself a bit of time ?
    Sorry if I can across a bit strong.
    If you walk across a field you can't then complain if it was muddy when there's a non muddy route available. There was a choice for you and you chose the muddy route.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was just chatting with Brian De Salvo before the game and mentioned the Bowl and hey presto he makes it a feature..last time I chatted to him about anything he mentioned me by name on the show.....