Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 400 of 406 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 8116

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Drogheda acquired the ownership of Weavers Park from the FAI.

https://droghedaunited.ie/drogheda-u...-weavers-park/
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Drogheda acquired the ownership of Weavers Park from the FAI.

https://droghedaunited.ie/drogheda-u...-weavers-park/
    What does this mean? Will Drogheda develop the ground or sell up and move to another site in order to develop it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    This is good news for them, means they can look to sell the ground and use the funds towards a new build elsewhere, however would imagine there is a clause that any sale needs a new stadium to be ready first or at least well into building phase.

I recall that was the stickling block in the mid 00's when they had investors in that time, Lourdes Hospital across the road are probably already eyeing it up, would make perfect sense.

Mind you, is there any risk here I wonder, the deal was financed by Trivela Group, who fully own Drogs, what's stopping them taking the money, probably back to the clause then that a new ground has to be built first, hopefully for Drogs that is the case.
    Last edited by oriel; 04/03/2024 at 11:59 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    This is good news for them, means they can look to sell the ground and use the funds towards a new build elsewhere, however would imagine there is a clause that any sale needs a new stadium to be ready first or at least well into building phase.

I recall that was the stickling block in the mid 00's when they had investors in that time, Lourdes Hospital across the road are probably already eyeing it up, would make perfect sense.

Mind you, is there any risk here I wonder, the deal was financed by Trivela Group, who fully own Drogs, what's stopping them taking the money, probably back to the clause then that a new ground has to be built first, hopefully for Drogs that is the case.
    I'd say United Park is worth a few bob. They could do well to move beside the train station and develop from there. They can now draw up solid plans, fundraise and apply to draw down funds from the government.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    *shudders in Finn Harps!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    I'd say United Park is worth a few bob. They could do well to move beside the train station and develop from there. They can now draw up solid plans, fundraise and apply to draw down funds from the government.
    What kind of money you reckon ? New build would be what 30-35 million ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

My first thought was that it could be a money-grab by Trivela. I know they said that they expect better value to be gained through long-term ownership and wanting to double their money, but a sale of the ground could turn a quick profit. They've spent about €1.5m so far, could they get €3 million for the site? Easy win.
    Maybe there is a clause in the contract of sale though. Even the FAI should be able to get that right. Probably.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    There was a buy back clause in the original deal to sell the ground to the FAI. I wouldn't say it's certain that there are additional protections regarding a new stadium. But hopefully there are.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    The buy back clause was for the cost of the original sale circa 1991, a whopping IR£35k iirc. DUFC could have bought that back any number of times so why now is certainly a valid question. It suited Drogs that it was an FAI ground with the FAI responsible for maintaining it, and it would have been very LoI to not licence one of your own grounds. Its not being bought for redevelopment. The hospital did covet it and probably still do. LCC wont give permission to build high density housing in an areas that is already a log jam for traffic (ambulance access) basically 24/7. So that will limit value now compared to valuations mid 2000s. LCC dont do anything for nothing so the greenfield site they have provided has a connection to a sale of United Park. With a SPC it would be a great start, Althlone and Tallaght like with a single stand, but its not a massive game changer for them financially as club. The owners well who knows...The Lourdes Stadium is as good a spot as Morton for a homeless club.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The buy back clause was for the cost of the original sale circa 1991, a whopping IR£35k iirc. DUFC could have bought that back any number of times so why now is certainly a valid question. It suited Drogs that it was an FAI ground with the FAI responsible for maintaining it, and it would have been very LoI to not licence one of your own grounds. Its not being bought for redevelopment. The hospital did covet it and probably still do. LCC wont give permission to build high density housing in an areas that is already a log jam for traffic (ambulance access) basically 24/7. So that will limit value now compared to valuations mid 2000s. LCC dont do anything for nothing so the greenfield site they have provided has a connection to a sale of United Park. With a SPC it would be a great start, Althlone and Tallaght like with a single stand, but its not a massive game changer for them financially as club. The owners well who knows...The Lourdes Stadium is as good a spot as Morton for a homeless club.
    Speaking of the Lourdes Stadium how long are Drogheda gone from there and where in Drogheda is it?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    https://www.lourdesstadium.com/

Hospital in th background on wesite main page so United Park kinda behind the hospital.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    My first thought was that it could be a money-grab by Trivela. I know they said that they expect better value to be gained through long-term ownership and wanting to double their money, but a sale of the ground could turn a quick profit. They've spent about €1.5m so far, could they get €3 million for the site? Easy win.
    Maybe there is a clause in the contract of sale though. Even the FAI should be able to get that right. Probably.
    The simple solution is to ensure the council has zoned the stadium for recreation, and then that they only agree to change the use of it once an alternative site has been delivered to takenon that purpose/zoning. That would kill any speculative value on the asset, as it would be worth feck all if new owners had to maintain it as a park or stadium.

It may well already be zoned for that usage anyway.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I know the new north stand in Tallaght is open, just wondering when the rest of the work will be finished?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckett View Post
    I know the new north stand in Tallaght is open, just wondering when the rest of the work will be finished?
    Thats the sort of thing ye say to a GAA head about Croke Park and Hill 16 - reaction is always fun! What work is there to do on Tallaght now the 4th stand is done, tidying up after the work, under stand facilities or filling in the corners? Corners done and ts a real football stadium, until then meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Heated seats

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Weren't they going to add an extension to the building attached to the West Stand? Also, the offices, shops, etc. in the North Stand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Indirectly relevant - who knew that 4G field turf pitches could double up as car parks, wasted income stream! How this shower have an academy and a bit of a ground started, trumped only by Dundalk and Drogs doing nothing....
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals...560714930.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    I see some terracing is being added either side of the seats in the riverside stand in Tolka

https://x.com/irish_grounds/status/1...996769038?s=46
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    I see some terracing is being added either side of the seats in the riverside stand in Tolka

https://x.com/irish_grounds/status/1...996769038?s=46
    The covered area of the Riverside stand has about a 2,500 capacity and is open to fans officially, since the seats were removed from the open sides either side of the covered area.
    If this terracing is being added or upgraded either side, what will the capacity of this side be and the overall Tolka 'safe capacity' which has been reduced to around 4,500 since Shels were promoted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckett View Post
    Weren't they going to add an extension to the building attached to the West Stand? Also, the offices, shops, etc. in the North Stand
    The club shop is moving imminently i think to the North stand as well as the club offices and there is also a couple (at least one anyway) of shop units (food i presume)
    The West stand bar was back open last week and where the club shop used to be is being changed into areas that can be used for European matches to avoid the need for tents...
    Im not 100% up on it all but that is my understanding