Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 8116

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If the river was piped there is a resonable amount of ground on the other side
    Have a look on google maps , i was surprised
    True and i may be wrong but i thought i saw somewhere before that Pats own that land

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    But even if we got those , is the river not still a problem ?
    The River is an issue alright but we have to work with what we have now. If the council can come up with some regarding the camac it would really open excellent space on the other bank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Are the council planning to buy all the premises on Emmett Road that sit in front of Richmond?
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    Are the council planning to buy all the premises on Emmett Road that sit in front of Richmond?
    Nothing official but it’s safe to assume they are. We sold McDowells pub so something would have to be worked out there and with another business that is a few doors down. I wouldn’t assume like some are that the front of the houses will be preserved to keep the look of the street. I’m looking forward to seeing the official plans whenever they are revealed. Hopefully when we hear something it’s that it’s funded and ready to proceed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Fair play. Great to see progress with any club.
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Nothing official but it’s safe to assume they are. We sold McDowells pub so something would have to be worked out there and with another business that is a few doors down. I wouldn’t assume like some are that the front of the houses will be preserved to keep the look of the street. I’m looking forward to seeing the official plans whenever they are revealed. Hopefully when we hear something it’s that it’s funded and ready to proceed.
    Do they already own a good few of the houses or are they existing council houses?
    Will you get held up by a few "i was born in this house and i amnt leaving types" ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Do they already own a good few of the houses or are they existing council houses?
    Will you get held up by a few "i was born in this house and i amnt leaving types" ?
    We own 125 and the archway. The old dry cleaners on the corner has been derelict for years. What the council own I’m not sure but to make the plan viable they must had more property on the street than I would have thought. It’s hard not to see a scenario where a few hold outs look for a better deal from the corpo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    We own 125 and the archway. The old dry cleaners on the corner has been derelict for years. What the council own I’m not sure but to make the plan viable they must had more property on the street than I would have thought. It’s hard not to see a scenario where a few hold outs look for a better deal from the corpo.
    Compulsory purchase out anyone who looks for more than the house is worth if they can be offered a house locally.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Whats going to happen to McDowells lads?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    In relation to Saint Pats, it a private company that run the club I think, which getting money from the public purse for a stadium is problematic. Also, this might have been sorted, but was Richmond Park a collateral for a loan of something like 16million. Pats fans will know better and these issues may have been sorted, so the latest news is positive for them especially with the better crowds they are getting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I was standing behind the goal in Tolka up the back and realised id never noticed before they have a fence walling off the back half of the away end.
    Some Rovers fans went in there and were moved out by the Guards as they had been let in by mistake.
    The only difference i could see was the metal holders for the seats that used to be thee were stilll in that section but had been removed where we were standing.
    With big crowds traveling now from the Dublin clubs could Shels not take out the holders and move the fence back?
    We were jammed in , didnt feel unsafe at all but whats the point in jamming people in when there is half as much space again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    In relation to Saint Pats, it a private company that run the club I think, which getting money from the public purse for a stadium is problematic. Also, this might have been sorted, but was Richmond Park a collateral for a loan of something like 16million. Pats fans will know better and these issues may have been sorted, so the latest news is positive for them especially with the better crowds they are getting.
    The council rejected our plan to fund and build own stadium so they can’t have it every way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Whats going to happen to McDowells lads?
    It will be knocked Id say. In its current guise it will be no loses It hasn’t been the same since the wards sold it. The current owner ripped out the snug and has ran it into the ground. It’s absolutely filthy.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    In relation to Saint Pats, it a private company that run the club I think, which getting money from the public purse for a stadium is problematic.
    I'm not sure this is true ? Surely at least some of the greyhound tracks that received funding must be under a private company. The GAA is also essentiually a private company - though it may structure itself to be a community/cooperative-style one ?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It will be knocked Id say. In its current guise it will be no loses It hasn’t been the same since the wards sold it. The current owner ripped out the snug and has ran it into the ground. It’s absolutely filthy.
    Shame. I had many good nights in there back in the day. I always enjoyed going to Richmond, partly because of McDowell's. The Pats fans were always sound in there.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Shame. I had many good nights in there back in the day. I always enjoyed going to Richmond, partly because of McDowell's. The Pats fans were always sound in there.
    It was a great spot, pre-game and at HT for a while; though when HT exit for away fans stopped, one game we were front row of the away end of the stand and chatting to a really sound steward, he said if we wanted in to the bar at HT just head to the gate and mention his name. It was obviously full of only Pats fans and is one of the stand out lovely LoI moments for me over all the years chatting to the home fans. Caught up with a few again post match and in Dundalk that season(2013 iirc). A shame it couldnt be incorporated in to a develpment in some way, or that any club can have an unsegregated bar, as besides income, one of the things I liked most about LoI was being able to mingle with fellow fans. Derry in general, (+some others), before heading up the hill to the Brandywell was great too. As a home fan be it Kennedy's or the Lilywhite Lounge same type of thing applies. In the grand scheme of things its not a biggy, just part of the old appeal of LoI imo.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It was a great spot, pre-game and at HT for a while; though when HT exit for away fans stopped, one game we were front row of the away end of the stand and chatting to a really sound steward, he said if we wanted in to the bar at HT just head to the gate and mention his name. It was obviously full of only Pats fans and is one of the stand out lovely LoI moments for me over all the years chatting to the home fans. Caught up with a few again post match and in Dundalk that season(2013 iirc). A shame it couldnt be incorporated in to a develpment in some way, or that any club can have an unsegregated bar, as besides income, one of the things I liked most about LoI was being able to mingle with fellow fans. Derry in general, (+some others), before heading up the hill to the Brandywell was great too. As a home fan be it Kennedy's or the Lilywhite Lounge same type of thing applies. In the grand scheme of things its not a biggy, just part of the old appeal of LoI imo.
    Rovers fans seem to go out fo the forge bar on the border sometimes when they play ua

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Rovers fans seem to go out fo the forge bar on the border sometimes when they play ua
    The Forge and a few in Bridge St are much of a muchness, serve anyone!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    So the Irish government are putting €500k into a stadium in New York. Wow, just wow.

https://www.dfa.ie/news-and-media/pr...a-overseas.php
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    So the Irish government are putting €500k into a stadium in New York. Wow, just wow.

https://www.dfa.ie/news-and-media/pr...a-overseas.php
    While 500k is not much, they still gave it to a rich organisation to fund an overseas stadium in one of the richest country's in the world. LOI clubs could do with it more than the yanks. Its a shame but that's the government for you.