Page 341 of 406 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 8116

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Yes just on the news the DCC are ‘talking’ with - downside is that utter useless ex failed minister and chancer Finian McGrath is on the Shels board and currently being interviewed on RTE

Anyway no doubt the giant SF magic money tree will offer to provide the financing for Shels and also magically commit to building houses on the Tolka Park site
    People who worked in politics know how the system works so I’d say his involvement has helped their cause. As for the rest let’s not turn Foot.ie into politics.ie and restrict our opinions to football matters.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    If Tolka Park isn't used for flats then that would leave DCC with a hole in both their budget for Dalymount and their housing targets. And it's hard to see how selling the stadium would do much financially to bridge either of thse gaps. No doubt a political call will have to be made on this at some point - which is probably all that could save Tolka - but the Council will be mindful that the cost of it could be high to them.

Has there been any flood alleviation work done to the Tolka River btw ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    You don't work for RTÉ by any chance do you Calcio? Or maybe your involved with FF/FG?
    You can't seem to post something without making reference to Sinn Féin-worried much😊?
    No don’t work for RTE - as for SF comments not worried about them or any other party - just being sarcastic which I’m happy to do in relation to all parties- and as mentioned ( and rightly so )in a subsequent post by D24Saint this is not a political forum so apologies to all for going down that route and will try to refrain in future
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 18/02/2022 at 5:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    If Tolka Park isn't used for flats then that would leave DCC with a hole in both their budget for Dalymount and their housing targets. And it's hard to see how selling the stadium would do much financially to bridge either of thse gaps. No doubt a political call will have to be made on this at some point - which is probably all that could save Tolka - but the Council will be mindful that the cost of it could be high to them.

Has there been any flood alleviation work done to the Tolka River btw ?
    Afaik work was done on the tolka a good few years back.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The DCC statement said there would be no financial impact on them or the State under the proposal but it'll be interesting to see the details in due course
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The DCC statement said there would be no financial impact on them or the State under the proposal but it'll be interesting to see the details in due course
    Yeah heard great news for Shels on Game On. Fair play to you. I think the Shels crew have done a blinder with Save Tolka Park movement. Its getting more and more PR every week. I for one dont want it to go!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Hopefully Shels can get Tolka done up into a decent, habitable stadium. It would be good for the league to have one on the northside.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Fair play to the Save Tolka Park campaign. When they started I thought I was too little too late. The campaign has really gathered pace and now has a chance to achieve its goal. It would be a shame imo to remove a cultural icon from the city to be replaced by a block of generic apartment buildings.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...cil-1.4806289?

Contrary to media reports, Shelbourne are adamant that they have not pulled out of the ground-sharing agreement with Bohemians while Dalymount Park is being redeveloped into a 6,000-capacity arena.
    The situation is clear as mud. Although I'm not sure who at Shelbourne is "adamant that they have not pulled out" as it doesn't seem to be attributed to a person or statement that I can see. Is Tolka Park still prone to flooding and/or pools of water around the Ballybough End and Riverside Stand? I have zero knowledge when it comes to floodplains but it could make a modest but effective redevelopment unrealistic. You'd imagine access would have to be improved too. I know STP had suggestions around that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Fair play to them, but when you remove emotion from this situation it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to have 2 football stadiums only a couple of km apart, when both of them are idle for most days of the year. And that's before you even think about the housing crisis and the homeless crisis.

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Sunday Times reporting Shels are receiving a substantial 7 figure investment from a US consortium, Shels taking back Tolka looking very realistic now
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Sunday Times reporting Shels are receiving a substantial 7 figure investment from a US consortium, Shels taking back Tolka looking very realistic now
    The indo has the story aswell.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-41365087.html

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Prediction : There's a high chance this will not end well for Shels. Just like Arkaga and Peak 6. People with little or no genuine interest in our league or its clubs do not turn up promising loads of money for positive reaosons. I know Shels are deperate, but this could see them end up losing Tolka anyway and/or go bust. #DangerHere
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 20/02/2022 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    If the first thing the yanks do is buy a stadium its a fair bit more than arkaga or peak 6 ever did but at the same time I suspect it won't end well as usual when the yanks realise there is no money here in football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Irish Sea need a ground!?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Prediction : There's a high chance this will not end well for Shels. Just like Arkaga and Peak 6. People with little or no genuine interest in our league or its clubs do not turn up promising loads of money for positive reaosons. I know Shels are deperate, but this could see them end up losing Tolka anyway and/or go bust. #DangerHere
    I'm always cynical about any foreign entity who becomes suddenly involved in a LOI club but I do know that Shels chairman Andrew Doyle is no idiot and with his legal background and industry reputation I would be more confident than most LOI owners that he won't screw himself by entangling the club with a bunch cowboys that would result in a block of flats being built on Tolka and Shels playing out of a DCC public park

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I'm always cynical about any foreign entity who becomes suddenly involved in a LOI club but I do know that Shels chairman Andrew Doyle is no idiot and with his legal background and industry reputation I would be more confident than most LOI owners that he won't screw himself by entangling the club with a bunch cowboys that would result in a block of flats being built on Tolka and Shels playing out of a DCC public park
    One simple question, regardless of how smart those involved with the club alleged are* =

How will these Americans get the money used to buy Tolka back ? Nevermind interest, a profit etc ?

*(A lot of supposedly 'smart' people have done very stupid things when it comes to football).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    One simple question, regardless of how smart those involved with the club alleged are* =

How will these Americans get the money used to buy Tolka back ? Nevermind interest, a profit etc ?

*(A lot of supposedly 'smart' people have done very stupid things when it comes to football).
    Everyone is awaiting to hear the devil of detail of how the club will fund this but the club appear to be confident going by their statement last week. As I said Doyle has built a good reputation as a corporate lawyer and businessman for two/three decades I would be confident he isn't suddenly leading or being duped into some landgrab off the council though everything around Tolka has to subject to serious scrutiny after the fallout Ollie Byrne and Ossie Kilkenny deal. I would think the publicity generated by the STP campaign will put pressure on DCC adding some condition of any buy back that Shels cannot apply for future rezoning of Tolka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    doyle has gone from ucd to rovers to Shels so its not a lifelong love of shels that has him there
    id expect to see a small stadium with appartments and commercial parts that makes it all add up
    And what harm if shels end up with a useable stadium of their own
    Dalymount if it is ever built would be another plus

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    He studied in UCD but I don't think he was ever involved with the football club?