24 12.24%
Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: New Irish manager

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    At this stage I'd take Graham Souness' Grannys left knee cap...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    while i thought kerr was p1ssed about, i think we need to get rid of staunton asap. i gave him benefit of doubt initally but the man is a nitwit. did anyone see the TV3 interview?? i'm paraphrasing but i remember it like this:

we got the 3 points .....they will cause people problems ....we knew they would get better as the group went on

3 points wasn't even a basic minimum requirement in this match against a nation smaller than leitrim (no offence leitrim)

who the fcuk will they cause problems to apart from the shambles that represented us last night

they will get better as the group goes on !! they conceeded 13 goals in their first game and now the 'gaffer' reckons other teams are going to drop points against them. p1ss off you fool.

whoever the new manager is, he needs to be capable of giving the majority of the players a big kick up the backside. he needs to be a strong no-nonscense manager who restores a bit of pride back into wearing the shirt. i am totally frustrated with the fancy dan overhyped and overpaid lacklustre players who now wear our shirt. the manager has to take a massive portion of the blame but the players need to take some flack also. this is 2 managers in a row who they don't seem bothered playing for so it might be time to look in the mirror.

i would definately sacrafice tactical perfection for pride

rant over - but i am not happy

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I'd take Souness... He'd probbly get rid of half the squad though cos they're Irish!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    And why are you morons apologising to Ealing Green? The guy hates us.
    I think you're confusing "hatred" with "pity"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Get Lawrie Sanchez in
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavan_fan View Post
    Whatever happens it had beter not be Aldridge, Moran, Stapleton, Houghton, McAteer, Breen or any other former player with no f****ing experience
    Aldridge has experience. In fact, he was interested in the job last time around, but wasn't interviewed.

Fact is, we won, so I expect to see Delaney fudge it all and leave Staunton to **** up against Wales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    2 gob shiiite pitch invader
    3 minute silence to a dead policeman interrupted by mindless leprechaun-suited morons
    2) That was embarassing. The least he could have done was tell the players to get their fingers out and have some pride!
    3) Didnt hear about that, but if thats true... idiots
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Aldridge has experience. In fact, he was interested in the job last time around, but wasn't interviewed.

Fact is, we won, so I expect to see Delaney fudge it all and leave Staunton to **** up against Wales.
    Aldridge's experience consists of a brief term at Tranemere where although he had some success in cups he was sh*t in the league. He's Stan one year on

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guvnor View Post
    Surely Daft Dave is in with a shout!
    He's surley on the staff somewhere... 2 defenders and a goalie already on rollerskates!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavan_fan View Post
    Aldridge's experience consists of a brief term at Tranemere where although he had some success in cups he was sh*t in the league. He's Stan one year on

As said on previous threads before Aldridge's managerial experience is not too dissimilar to that of Lawrie Sanchez's before he took over NI. I, for one, wouldn't be too disappointed to see him take over...
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ogba View Post
    As said on previous threads before Aldridge's managerial experience is not too dissimilar to that of Lawrie Sanchez's before he took over NI. I, for one, wouldn't be too disappointed to see him take over...
    Me either he can't be worse than what's there and what high-class proven manager would want to take the job anyway. A decent foreign manager wouldn't touch the job. So it would only be a decent Irish manager that takes the job and the low wage (compared to club football) because he wants Ireland to do well. Unfortunately there is probably nobody that fits the criteria apart from Kerr or maybe one of the EL managers and we saw the problems Kerr had with Delaney and Co. and, if we are to believe the media, some of the players too.

I honestly believe that any of the managers of the top teams in the EL would do a better job than Staunton but they would only be undermined like Kerr was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bring back don givens all is forgiven!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If an EL manager was appointed and actually called up domestic players, then he wouldn't be undermined

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Roddy Collins
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree completely with GalwayPoop.

And Aldridge at the moment would restore the pride in the jersey , the man was nearly in tears after the Cypus game. There is no player i have ever seen that is prouder than John Aldridge to be Irish. There was no player last night with half the bottle of the circa 1990 irish teams. McCarthy may have been tactically inept but every team he sent out played with passion. I firmly believe that passion reflected how the fans see all of us as being Irish.
    We could see ourselves out on the pitch , now all we see is a bunch of wasters and we're all ashamed .
    Bring in Aldridge , Bring back Pride.
    George Burley for Ireland,
    Stevie we love you more and more as a player every time we see John O Shea at left back(or right), but leave the managin to the managers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freoch View Post
    I agree completely with GalwayPoop.

And Aldridge at the moment would restore the pride in the jersey , the man was nearly in tears after the Cypus game. There is no player i have ever seen that is prouder than John Aldridge to be Irish. There was no player last night with half the bottle of the circa 1990 irish teams. McCarthy may have been tactically inept but every team he sent out played with passion. I firmly believe that passion reflected how the fans see all of us as being Irish.
    We could see ourselves out on the pitch , now all we see is a bunch of wasters and we're all ashamed .
    Bring in Aldridge , Bring back Pride.
    I really dont like this attitude of "Pride and Passion" seems like a very British attitude , I prefer old fashioned approaches like going out with a game plan , it would be unfair to suggest that Stan has any less pride than Aldridge , I am sure is very proud to be Irish , its just that he isnt a very good manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gustavo,
    if pride and passion are british traits god help us all , they do talk about it but dont have it.

I agree with you that Staunton is as proud to be irish as anyone else , and that behind his kind of bravado after match interviews these results must hurt him. What im suggesting is that we need a manager who is a good motivator.

the other thing is that we always play 4 4 2 . Tactically changes are only minor in a system like this and should be well rehearsed. Like man marking someone in a good side and not pushing the fullbacks up so much, or pushing them up against a team like say "san marino". This is why i think motivation is key.
    George Burley for Ireland,
    Stevie we love you more and more as a player every time we see John O Shea at left back(or right), but leave the managin to the managers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    I'd put Klinsmann in there. He was offered the USA and Mexico jobs since the World Cup but has turned them down because he wanted complete control of Youth teams set up and EVERYthing to do with the senior team. I'd give him the keys in a minute.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freoch View Post
    I agree with you that Staunton is as proud to be irish as anyone else ,
    I'm not proud he's Irish.

John Sheridan should be considered. He's an up and coming manager that is not yet at too high a station whereby he'd readily refuse the Ireland job. Some of the muppets people are suggesting on here are a joke.

Aldridge? Kerr again? ffs wake up and smell the sh*te.
    Last edited by youngirish; 08/02/2007 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Think O'Leary is a realistic target. Looking at what the much acclaimed Martin O'Neill has done with the same players, his record at Villa is not that bad. While I'm not a huge fan of the man, he was successful during his initial period at Leeds, bringing them to the semi of the champions league. The important thing now is to get Delaney to realise that change is needed before the games in Croker.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast