Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lfc 1-5 Gufc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Unhappy Lfc 1-5 Gufc

No reports of phantom stone throwers in the shed as yet, however several sightings of mysterious managerial impersonator.
    When o when will we ever do rovers a favour this season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Unhappy

What a fcuking shambles..Drew will you ever go away and get a manager, you have'nt got a clue how to manage a football team. It was embarassing to be a Limerick fan tonight watching that crap.Galway must be laughing at us all the way home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is anybody surprised by this result?lets hope we get the right man in soon so we can start building for next season

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

in fairness

5-1 was not a fair reflection of the 90 minutes. even with 10 men lims had us worried 10 mins in to second half. at times i thought lims had the 11 men.
    when russel came on for utd he changed it completely, he is a clever player who hasnt played for us for a long time. rovers next

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lim abroad View Post
    is anybody surprised by this result?lets hope we get the right man in soon so we can start building for next season
    I would'nt mind but Galway are no world beaters themselves.. I hate to say it but what i saw from Galway tonight i think it's Rovers league. Oh ya i think Drew has at least two more phamptom managers to interview. Come on Danny you know it make's sense ! Step down now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

utd

were missing a good few players tonight including 3 of their usual backline

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair enough we're not world beaters, we didnt play at all in the first half and when we eventually got into the match we put 5 past ye in the space of 20 minutes. To turn around and say its rovers league after throuncing ye 5-1, is that not a serious underestimation of your team, given the fact that if ye held on for at least 20 more minutes ye would have won and Drew would have been a genius. The fact is ye played some excellent football with ten men, but when Galway broke ye down that was that. I think it is a fair reflection on a team to play absolute crap football for 70 minutes and then turn it around to win 5.1 Thus, it is not Rovers league who ever made that ill Judged remark, Dundalk pose a bigger threat than them as far as im concerned. By the way, why did the entire Limerick fans in the stand walk out after the second or third goal, should one not always stand by there team regardless?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Cause friday night is "late late" night!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just as well... because there was no throwing of the auld stones!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Smile

[QUOTE=Jacobean; By the way, why did the entire Limerick fans in the stand walk out after the second or third goal, should one not always stand by there team regardless?[/QUOTE]

well said Jacobbean, these so called Limerick supporters DID walk out 10 mins from the end, these are the SO CALLED hardcore supporters that write ****e about the team on this website, i dont mind constructive criticism and I have to agree Danny Drew has to get off the bench, the score of 5-1 did not justify the performance of the 10 men, I though they were unlucky, McCarthy should hang his head in shame, he knows the rule if you raise your hand to an other player, he let the team, club and supporters down........ I hope Galway win the league, keep it out of Dublin.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc at heart View Post
    well said Jacobbean, these so called Limerick supporters DID walk out 10 mins from the end, these are the SO CALLED hardcore supporters that write ****e about the team on this website, i dont mind constructive criticism and I have to agree Danny Drew has to get off the bench, the score of 5-1 did not justify the performance of the 10 men, I though they were unlucky, McCarthy should hang his head in shame, he knows the rule if you raise your hand to an other player, he let the team, club and supporters down........ I hope Galway win the league, keep it out of Dublin.......
    Well that a load of ****e cos most clubs would be proud of the hardcore we posess. And just so you know, most if not all of the hardcoore left the shed some weeks ago, (as it was invaded by fake soccerball supporters at the Leeds game) so they left for the far end and when Heff scored they did celibrate and when they saw their team ship 5 in the last 20 mins they stayed and applauded the lads off the field, ask Austin O'Neill. So for your first post LFC at heart we'll let you go with that error.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Too true Gael !! Absloute and utter sh**te talk from "LFC at Heart"

A few of Us so called Hard Core left the shed for good when Racist Chanting started against Galway.It was Wesley Charles if my memory serves me. It happened twice in the first half and I personally reported it to a club steward. No action was taken so we left the shed and are now resident behind the other goal.

We DID stay till the end on Fri night and I , personally, believe the Lads performed well on the pitch. We were very unlucky to lose 2-1 not to mind 5-1. Well dones lads ye were a credit to the Shirt on Friday night. Sometimes the scoreline does not reflect the actual game.

We DID also applaud every single one of the lads off the pitch. All I ask for is effort and they gave that in spades.

As for Derek If someone tackled me the way he was tackled I would have kicked seven Shades of ***t out of the guy responsible.
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    In fairness lads, one monkey chanting person who as it turns out stopped when given a dirty look shouldnt split the little support we have. im all for different viewing angles, so how about swopping ends at half time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    In fairness lads, one monkey chanting person who as it turns out stopped when given a dirty look shouldnt split the little support we have. im all for different viewing angles, so how about swopping ends at half time?
    That is a fair point. Tbh I left out of superstition......... Didn't work I've put down roots at the other end now though, save the Rovers game, I doubt I'll be back (All together now Awwwwwwwwwwww)

"lfc at heart" you've been to a good few games right??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    As for Derek If someone tackled me the way he was tackled I would have kicked seven Shades of ***t out of the guy responsible.
    Agree with you totally John. And just for the record, the guy he was involved with on Friday night was responsible for a cheap sucker punch during a training session with Galway a few seasons ago when Derek was there and left him permanently scarred and with 8 stitches. Pieces of **** like that shouldn't be allowed onto a football pitch and Galway should know better than to play scumbags like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Pieces of **** like that shouldn't be allowed onto a football pitch and Galway should know better than to play scumbags like that.
    Hey, you leave Ciaran Foley out of this

Nah seriously fairplay to Carthy, it's just a shame he didn't do the piece of dirt some lasting damage

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Well having stayed until the very, very end the other night for my sins I think we're in danger of letting the main issues slip away here. We were tied 1-1 until the 84th minute of a game that we'd played almost the duration of with 10 players (personally I think Carty was a silly boy to be so blatant but that's a whole other story) and collapsed in a manner that I've never seen before.

As much as this may upset some people I think it's worth noting that it's hard to imagine a NOC team capitulating so badly. What was the point in getting rid of our manager if we're not going to replace him?

We'll be lucky if there's not more exits by the next game (Ken Kiely also departed it seems)... There's something pretty rotten affecting any team that ships four goals in six minutes. Aside from Austin O'Neill none of them even looked particularly upset, heads just dropped and there was no sense of fight about the team at all by the end. I've never seen a Limerick side as dispirited.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Who was the Galway player he crunched?It happened down the far end so i didn't see the player just the tackle.
    Stupid comment from Joe Soap-you're calling the Galway lad a scumbag for an incident you heard from Derek?
    Well we all saw the horrendous "tackle" more a karate kick from McCarthy.He deserved what he got and probably a bit more too!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Nah seriously fairplay to Carthy, it's just a shame he didn't do the piece of dirt some lasting damage
    Perhaps a candidate for most ignorant post of the month?
    Last edited by osarusan; 02/10/2006 at 1:21 PM.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H View Post
    Who was the Galway player he crunched?It happened down the far end so i didn't see the player just the tackle.
    Billy Clery. You should note Conor however that the crunch was from Clery's tackle. The game restarted with a Limerick free kick.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast