Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backtowalsall View Post
    What an idiotic post

Since the start of the league Aston Villa have picked up 3969 points in the top flight to Tottenhams 3066

Since the start of the premierhip Aston Villa have picked up 825 points to Tottenhams 770.

Aston Villa have won

1 x European Cup
    7 x League titles
    7 x FA cups
    5 x League Cups

Spurs have won

2 x League titles
    2 x Uefa Cup
    8 x FA cup
    4 x League Cup

Villa Park holds 42,640
    White Hart Lane holds 36,310

Aston Villa are also founder members of the league.

What those stats mean on their own is debatable, but added together they mean that to suggest Aston Villa are somehow a lower ranking club than Spurs is nonsense. They have been more successful throughout the years, and in recent history by most if not all measures.

Their current team is also easily out performing Spurs in the EPL, and would be a great move for any of our players who can get a game there, as they have been in the past for McGrath, Staunton, Houghton, Townsend et al
    there was nothing idiotic about my post. If you had the ability to read things in their correct intended context then you would understand. Seeing as though you don't seem to have that ability I shall spell it out for you.

The main reason put forward for McGeady going to Villa as opposed to Spurs was because Villa are way ahead of Spurs in the league this season.

Quote:
    (I don't see how Spurs could be rated a better prospect than Villa. Just had a look at the Premier league there, Villa are 16 points ahead of Spurs. )
    My point being that just because Villa are ahead of them this season, does not mean they would necessarily be a better move; hence the Reading example which I gave.

Now, on the subject of idiotic posts. This must be contagious. You have decided to list the clubs various trophy hauls to demonstrate the similarities between the two clubs. What a stupid thing to do. Here is why:

Chelsea FC
    2 Leagues
    4 FA Cups
    4 League Cups

Nottingham Forest
    1 League
    2 Fa Cups
    4 League Cups
    2 European Cups

Which would be a better move for McGeady?
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 22/04/2008 at 8:38 AM. Reason: infraction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    to be honest Forest would probably be a better move than chelsea!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Just in case anyone doesn't know what he's talking about... McGeady and Novo had a bit of a fight after the match last week. Novo said this afterwards:

"I don't know what happened there. I had him in my back pocket probably. But I didn't tell him that!"
    Nice
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can't believe there's 74 pages talking about McGeady...fairly mad!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "It was a bit of a shock to win both awards on Sunday night, I didn't expect it. To get one of them would have been fantastic, to get both was exceptional. Since I've come into the first team at Celtic, I have struggled to get consistency into my game.

"I would have a good spell for three or four months, then have another three or four months where I wasn't playing at my best. This season, though, I feel I have managed to maintain a good level of consistency which is pleasing.

"There are still loads of things I can improve upon in my own game. I can still score more goals. I've only scored once in the second half of the season, eight in total, which is not a lot. I can still improve my crossing, as well as my tackling and heading. The list could go on.

"I think the responsibility I have on my shoulders is already pretty big, to be honest. I am relied upon to go and create things and make things happen. It's a responsibility I'm happy with and that I thrive on. It's good being one of those players who gets people out of their seats, having the fans expecting you to create something because you have the ability to do it.

"I've noticed recently that teams are starting to double up on me, the right midfielder coming back to help the right-back mark me. It's tough, but things like that can create space for other players so the team can use it to our advantage. It's a compliment to me. If they didn't try and mark you out of the game, then they obviously wouldn't see you as a threat or rate you as a player.

"I have a contract here for the next three years and it wouldn't be my decision if I moved on. I'm happy at Celtic, I want to develop here and I have got the right players around me to do that."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden McGeady View Post
    "I have a contract here for the next three years and it wouldn't be my decision if I moved on. I'm happy at Celtic, I want to develop here and I have got the right players around me to do that."
    Excellent stuff. Perhaps the posters who would have him punted to some also-ran EPL team in order to "progress" might care to take note.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    there was nothing idiotic about my post. If you had the ability to read things in their correct intended context then you would understand. Seeing as though you don't seem to have that ability I shall spell it out for you.

The main reason put forward for McGeady going to Villa as opposed to Spurs was because Villa are way ahead of Spurs in the league this season.

Quote:
    (I don't see how Spurs could be rated a better prospect than Villa. Just had a look at the Premier league there, Villa are 16 points ahead of Spurs. )
    My point being that just because Villa are ahead of them this season, does not mean they would necessarily be a better move; hence the Reading example which I gave.

Now, on the subject of idiotic posts. This must be contagious. You have decided to list the clubs various trophy hauls to demonstrate the similarities between the two clubs. What a stupid thing to do. Here is why:

Chelsea FC
    2 Leagues
    4 FA Cups
    4 League Cups

Nottingham Forest
    1 League
    2 Fa Cups
    4 League Cups
    2 European Cups

Which would be a better move for McGeady?
    Chelsea won the League 3 times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedender81 View Post
    Chelsea won the League 3 times
    Never thought Chelsea winning the league 3 times could ever make me laugh

for what its worth i listed a combination of all time honours, all time performance, modern performance and facilities. Then i put the combination of those in context.

Livehead, the fact that you can't appreciate how several different pieces of an argument can come together to a greater meaning, and instead picked out one section and rammed away at it like an elephant in heat says more than i ever could, or ever needed to say.

Getting back to the point delighted he's staying at Celtic. would really like to see Celtic go 433 with him on the right of the 3, and McFadden on the opposite if Birmingham go down.

Especially if Nakamura goes back to Japan. He seems to have spent most of the season in the treatment room, even if he still has a hell of a left peg on him
    Last edited by backstothewall; 22/04/2008 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    another very good assist from McGeady for Celtics 2nd goal yesterday. Think he played fairly well over all, hope the SPL doesn't get extended or he may miss out on the 1st trapatonni get together
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy View Post
    Excellent stuff. Perhaps the posters who would have him punted to some also-ran EPL team in order to "progress" might care to take note.

PP
    An also ran EPL team would still be a few steps up from Scotlands second team. He seems happy enough being a big fish in a small pond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    An also ran EPL team would still be a few steps up from Scotlands second team. He seems happy enough being a big fish in a small pond.
    Not many also ran EPL teams in the second round of the Champions' League. He's still only 22, and to some degree learning his trade. Plenty of time for him to move on in the future.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    The problem with McGeady going to a mid or low ranking English team is that they play such an attritious style of football that they have no room for McGeady's type of player. Survival is the name of the game for all but a handful of clubs in the EPL. It makes me laugh how English clubs target UEFA Cup qualification but once they get there they treat the competition as a sideshow.

I'd be happy, as eirebhoy used regularly say, for our attacking players to play for a club like Celtic but goalkeepers or experienced defenders to be facing tougher opposition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Not many also ran EPL teams in the second round of the Champions' League. He's still only 22, and to some degree learning his trade. Plenty of time for him to move on in the future.
    Liverpool have won it and reached the final and havent challenged for the premiership in over ten years.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liverpool have won it and reached the final and havent challenged for the premiership in over ten years.
    Yes and Chelsea and Man Utd have won the premiership and neither has won the CL in 9 years. Celtic reaching the second round is an achievement and IMO they are better than most "also ran" EPL teams. Playing in the Champions League is more difficult than playing in the EPL.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Would disagree with you there....firstly both Man U and Chelsea have much better records than Celtic or Rangers in the Champions League. Secondly its hard to win it out right with out knocking out a couple of decent teams. Whereas its not overly difficult to get out of the group stages whilst not setting the world alight. As proved by both Celtic this year and Rangers the year before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    That's a really ****-poor attempt at trolling. Why don't you add something constructive rather than blatantly attempt the wind-up?

0/10. Must do better.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 28/04/2008 at 4:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    eh the only person trolling is you with that comment. blatant attempt to get someone else banned. pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Would disagree with you there....firstly both Man U and Chelsea have much better records than Celtic or Rangers in the Champions League.
    Both have far more money to spend on players too
    Secondly its hard to win it out right with out knocking out a couple of decent teams. Whereas its not overly difficult to get out of the group stages whilst not setting the world alight. As proved by both Celtic this year and Rangers the year before.
    Rangers didn't play in the Champions' League last season, and didn't get out of the group stages this season.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Both have far more money to spend on players too
    Rangers didn't play in the Champions' League last season, and didn't get out of the group stages this season.

Whatever year they got to the second round. Irrelevant what year they done this. As you well know. Fact is they didnt set the world on fire when they did.
    Fact is qualifying from group stage of champions league does not a great club make.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    eh the only person trolling is you with that comment. blatant attempt to get someone else banned. pathetic.
    If I wanted you banned I could have done it before now with this or this. I regard you as a minor irritation - like a lump of chewing gum on the sole of my shoe - rather than anything more substantial.

PP