Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 56 of 229 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think the truth on this issue is somewhere between Youngirish and BigmanCas. I think Stuttgart you have largely hit the nail on the head with this.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    He would struggle to hold down a regular place for any of the top 10 teams in the Premiership.
    West Ham are 10th at the moment in the Premiership, are you telling me McGeady wouldn't get in ahead of Ljungberg, Boa Morte or Solano on the wings?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

He would struggle to hold down a regular place for any of the top 10 teams in the Premiership.
    Just how much weight should be attributed to your opinion is outlined with this beautiful one liner. What a load of Sh*t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I think he might well struggle to get into a premiership top ten side as he seems too lightweight for what is essentially just a physical league. To be honest if Maradonna was in the Premiership they wouldnt have known what to do with him. Hard to judge how good he actually is while he is playing in so many one sided games at club level.

His performance against Slovakia was one of the worst I have ever seen. He looked totally dis interested. How he got picked for the Czech game is beyond me but he repaid his managers faith by putting in another shocker.

Would like to see him tried in behind the striker for Ireland.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guidedbyvoices View Post
    tell us one player that played consistantly well in an Irish top for the last few years. No one that's correct not one at all.
    Shay Given?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Okay youngirish here is the challenge, if McGeady is POTY by 2011 then in a sober state you run naked down O'Connell st
    Geysir, yer mad to get lads running naked down the street, and yer a big farneyman too, and you have a lot of spare time to post on foot.ie are you a priest by any chance?!

I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    I think he might well struggle to get into a premiership top ten side as he seems too lightweight for what is essentially just a physical league. To be honest if Maradonna was in the Premiership they wouldnt have known what to do with him. Hard to judge how good he actually is while he is playing in so many one sided games at club level.

His performance against Slovakia was one of the worst I have ever seen. He looked totally dis interested. How he got picked for the Czech game is beyond me but he repaid his managers faith by putting in another shocker.

Would like to see him tried in behind the striker for Ireland.
    He is a winger Billy - leave it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    I'd be worried about Aiden's future

He's quoted as slagging off other players.

Quote Originally Posted by BigmanCas View Post
    Hunt would not lace MY boots. Hunt is without doubt one of the most overrated players in the premiership and his ability will in no way help save Reading from their inevitable relegation. Never Hunt before ME, Never.
    Quotes like the above aren't useful and fellow players wouldn't be happy.

And then he could be developing a drinking problem.

I met Paddy Kenny in the Porterhouse - bottom of Grafton Street one friday before Xmas and I got talking to him - around the time they played Cyprus in croker. He seemed a nice lad. On leaving I asked him 'where was Lee Carsley in Cyprus'? to which he replied with his hands up in the air 'where was I'!!!! He is a legend around Sheffield for his heroics in goal and Stan treated him very badly after Nicosia.. He is a shoe in as Given's number two and he is a bit of craic to boot. Unlucky against boro on wed.
    It seems from the above he's becoming disoriented. Sad to see this with somebody so young.

And then he's always complaining .

Has these wise words come from Brian Kerr? If so, he is still a clown. He give me very little time on the pitch. Was that because he was too busy trying to make the worlds worst substitutions like taking Robbie Keane at 2-0 up and bringing on Kavanagh. Please don't quote Brian Kerr if at all possible. He was our worst EVER manager.
    And obviously loves himself ....

Look at ME!!! Come on - you got to love ME.. You can only beat what is put in front of you - in this case POOR ALAN MAYBURY - an ex Irish International????

Have a wee look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yCKKh7TY4

Aiden, a few words of advice.

Keep your head, work hard and get to training on time - and if it doesn't work out at least you can say you gave it your best shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    I'd be worried about Aiden's future.......
    Excellent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

It seems from the above he's becoming disoriented. Sad to see this with somebody so young.

Keep your head, work hard and get to training on time - and if it doesn't work out at least you can say you gave it your best shot.
    Don't take it so hard Aiden.

BTW, shouldn't you be at training? Look at what happened to Liam at Sunderland. Could be you next.

I think this is getting more than a bit old. it was funny 2 weeks ago,though only just
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone of my posts above have been tampered with. I did not post them in their current form. Is this allowed??????????? EB???????????

Bill - I think we have already gone down the road of trying to fit square pegs into round holes. It has failed. We should play people in their best positions. Look what happened when we played S Kelly at left back and J O Brien in the middle of the park. Leave Mc Geady on the wing and there is one less position we have to worry about.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    As has been proven time and time again on here the hype about most young Irish players is generally nothing more than delusional nonsense. Darren Potter, Anthony Stokes, Paddy McCarthy, Stephen O'Halloran all spring to mind as players hyped up in the recent past as potentially top class Irish players with little or no relevant evidence to back up such rantings. I just like to add a dose of reality every now and then.

McGeady is an average player playing in a terrible league. That's all at the moment. He has never been shown to be any good consistently at a higher level than the SPL bar one or two good performances (yes only that many) in the CL in nearly 20 games. I don't care about Irish friendlies btw in which he has been decent but rarely spectacular. In competitive Ireland games (yes the ones that matter) he has been rubbish, consistently so I may add.

Do I think he can do a job for Ireland? Yes. I never said he couldn't. If its a choice between McGeady, Kilbane or S Ireland playing in one of the wide positions for Ireland I'd go with McGeady in most games (obviously Kilbane's defensive strengths can come in handy sometimes depending on the opposition). S Ireland I dislike though more because of his attitude than his talent.

However the consensus generally on here is that people think McGeady is some type of World Class talent that Ireland are lucky to have. I think that's nonsense. He deserves no such hype from the numerous times I've watched him. The same people singing that tune are often (though not always) the same ones who were singing the praises of some of the dribble mentioned earlier not too long ago. Most of the others are die hard Celtic supporters.
    Last edited by youngirish; 29/02/2008 at 1:17 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Darren Potter, Anthony Stokes, Paddy McCarthy, Stephen O'Halloran in the same breath as Mc Geady? Absolute nonsense....

Don't remember any of them getting clapped on the field by A Nesta?

McGeady is an average player playing in a terrible league - He is hands down, the best player, this season in this league.

I am a Man Utd fan but above all else I am a true supporter of our International Soccer Team. Sorry about that.

He is a 21 year old. I rest my case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Naka:

“I knew he was a really good player when I arrived but he has improved a lot. I think he is a genius. When I first arrived at Celtic, I was very surprised that he was only 19. I didn’t think he would be that young. I certainly wasn’t that good when I was 21. I keep trying every day to be a better player but I think Aiden has the natural ablity.”

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Naka:

“I knew he was a really good player when I arrived but he has improved a lot. I think he is a genius. When I first arrived at Celtic, I was very surprised that he was only 19. I didn’t think he would be that young. I certainly wasn’t that good when I was 21. I keep trying every day to be a better player but I think Aiden has the natural ablity.”
    Yeah didn't Henrik Larrson a few years ago claim Liam Miller was the best young player he'd ever seen?

McGeady is almost 22 BigManCas which is not particularly young for a wide player. They peak earlier than most other players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    If he can produce what he's doing for Celtic on a regular basis for Ireland then I'd be happy. But as Youngirish says he has yet to prove himself as an international standard player and I think that's a fair criticism. He has the potential to be a very good player for us but that's all it is - potential. If Stephen Ireland comes back into the squad it is likely that he and McGeady will be challenging for the same position. I'd prefer McGeady to start ahead of Ireland as I think he brings a stronger attacking balance to the team if Duff is on the opposite wing. But maybe Trapattoni will see things differently.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Remember how all the Celtic team hyped Miller to the Gods.
    McGeady's perf against Slovakia or the Czechs can't be deleted but he did fine against the same Czech full back at Celtic Pk.
    The tests will come for McGeady.
    Atm I can't see Trap starting with both McGeady and Duff for the first 2 away games.
    We are weak at both full back positions.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    As has been proven time and time again on here the hype about most young Irish players is generally nothing more than delusional nonsense. Darren Potter, Anthony Stokes, Paddy McCarthy, Stephen O'Halloran all spring to mind as players hyped up in the recent past as potentially top class Irish players with little or no relevant vidence to back up such rantings. I just like to add a dose of reality every now and then.

McGeady is an average player playing in a terrible league. That's all at the moment. He has never been shown to be any good consistently at a higher level than the SPL bar one or two good performances (yes only that many) in the CL in nearly 20 games. I don't care about Irish friendlies btw in which he has been decent but rarely spectacular. In competitive Ireland games (yes the ones that matter) he has been rubbish, consistently so I may add.

Do I think he can do a job for Ireland? Yes. I never said he couldn't. If its a choice between McGeady, Kilbane or S Ireland playing in one of the wide positions for Ireland I'd go with McGeady in most games (obviously Kilbane's defensive strengths can come in handy sometimes depending on the opposition). S Ireland I dislike though more because of his attitude than his talent.

However the consensus generally on here is that people think McGeady is some type of World Class talent that Ireland are lucky to have. I that's nonsense. He deserves no such hype from the numerous times I've watched him. The same people singing that tune are often (though not always) the same ones who were singing the praises of some of the dribble mentioned earlier not too long ago. Most of the others are die hard Celtic supporters.
    A healthy dose of realism there. McGeady is, without doubt, a talented player with a lot of potential. I think he has a fair bit to go to live up to some of the purple prose that's been written here at times.

Wayne Rooney is a young player who has delivered World Class performances at both club and international level. That's the benchmark - and McGeady has yet to achieve that level, most certainly on a consistent basis.

I'm as hopeful as the next man that McGeady realises the potential he has - but he's not the finished article.

Encouraging performances in friendlies only offer a hope that they'll be reproduced when it matters.

Its fair comment to state that McGeady has yet to do anything of major relevance in a qualifier. I undertstand a big part of his role is to create for others but he has rarely offered a goal threat from the wing which a top form Duff can offer.

I'll be interested to see what plans Trapp has for him.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah didn't Henrik Larrson a few years ago claim Liam Miller was the best young player he'd ever seen?
    I'm not actually replying to anything with that post. Just posting quotes about McGeady as always.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    As has been proven time and time again on here the hype about most young Irish players is generally nothing more than delusional nonsense. Darren Potter, Anthony Stokes, Paddy McCarthy, Stephen O'Halloran all spring to mind as players hyped up in the recent past as potentially top class Irish players with little or no relevant evidence to back up such rantings. I just like to add a dose of reality every now and then.

However the consensus generally on here is that people think McGeady is some type of World Class talent that Ireland are lucky to have. I think that's nonsense. He deserves no such hype from the numerous times I've watched him. The same people singing that tune are often (though not always) the same ones who were singing the praises of some of the dribble mentioned earlier not too long ago. Most of the others are die hard Celtic supporters.

great post YI, very reasoned and fair.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away