Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 114 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    i doubt if he's going anywhere, cause he's rubbish... sorry lads, but hes done nothing in an ireland shirt.
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    i doubt if he's going anywhere, cause he's rubbish... sorry lads, but hes done nothing in an ireland shirt.
    True, but he's been great for Celtic for the past five years or so. He deserves a move to a better league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    True, but he's been great for Celtic for the past five years or so. He deserves a move to a better league.
    So were Hartson, Sutton, Venegoor of Hesselink and currently Samaras.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    So were Hartson, Sutton, Venegoor of Hesselink and currently Samaras.
    Venegoor of Hesselink and Samaras were/are never great for Celtic
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 26/12/2009 at 2:40 PM. Reason: shouldnt write with hangover
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Lawton: McGeady must take his chance: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...e-2004615.html
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Dont know anything about Lawton, but the opening few passages in that article didnt quite read/flow correctly - to me anyway.

McGeady is 23 not 25.

A serious £10m+ bid will likely land McGeady down South in January, no matter what Peter Lawell and Mowbray says in public - Every player has their price as the cliche goes.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    A serious £10m+ bid will likely land McGeady down South in January, no matter what Peter Lawell and Mowbray says in public - Every player has their price as the cliche goes.
    but does mcgeady have any interest in moving? it doesnt look like it to me

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    McGeady will leave once the right offer comes in - he had his problems under strachan - things on the field haven't really improved under Mowbray - Celtic were a better side under strachan as well , Mowbray has his own ideas about who he wants to bring in and could do with the money.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Dont know anything about Lawton, but the opening few passages in that article didnt quite read/flow correctly - to me anyway.

McGeady is 23 not 25.

£10m would be a lot of money for Aiden if there were not conditions about appearances/performance attached.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    As Junior presumes, it will have to be an offer over £10m and serious.
    A serious offer means they already have a very good idea of what he is about and paying for what they expect him to deliver.
    No doubt that he is regarded as a progressing talent, his growing profile with Ireland over this last campaign with some very good displays, will have helped bolster up the value of that impression.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    McGeady is not worth 10mil ffs, as for his growing profile with Ireland? So S.Hunt must be worth 12mil then cos Hunt has done more in an Irish shirt than McGeady, which says a lot about McGeady.
    Stuart Downing went for £12 million in the summer...while injured. They are two very similar players so judging by this I think anything between 8-11 million sounds fair for McGeady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    I think he will go for about 8 million if he does leave. 5 million wouldnt be enough for Celtic to sell their best player and 10 million does sound too much at this stage of his career

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    he costs how much the club who want to invest in him see he's worth. i personally don't think any top 10 english club would sign him. birmingham city maby?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    he costs how much the club who want to invest in him see he's worth. i personally don't think any top 10 english club would sign him. birmingham city maby?
    I think Babel is his #1 target but he might settle for McGeady if the price was right. I just have a hard time seeing McGeady leaving Celtic, don't know why but it would be surreal seeing him play for a different club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    yeah same here. i dont think he'll be as good as he promised to be either, because his football brain hasn't really improved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I know and it was ridiulous money for Downing, maybe McGeady will be in that bracket but my value of him would be 5 million tops.
    Personally id agree with you, but in the over inflated market that is English football, he is worth 10 million at least. Berbatov at over 30 million, Nani 17 million. There are plenty of examples. If McGeady were to be valued at 5 million id have no doubt that at least 10 Premiership teams would want him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    McGeady is not worth 10mil ffs, as for his growing profile with Ireland? So S.Hunt must be worth 12mil then cos Hunt has done more in an Irish shirt than McGeady, which says a lot about McGeady.
    yeah, but at club level, McGeady's played and scored in the Champions League, won trophies and player of the year awards at Celtic, whereas Hunt has spent the majority of his career outside the top division.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    I was going by his International record....
    so none of his games for his club count towards showing if hes a good player?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    On newstalk last night, Gilesy reckoned McGeady would be sold for about 5m. Dont necessarily agree with it, particularly if Babel is worth more than 8m. Would def like to see McGeady take on a new challenge, leave Celtic and make a name for himself in the EPL or one of Europes top leagues. Wouldnt be all that confident about it happening though.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal rover View Post
    McGeady will leave once the right offer comes in - he had his problems under strachan - things on the field haven't really improved under Mowbray - Celtic were a better side under strachan as well , Mowbray has his own ideas about who he wants to bring in and could do with the money.
    Disagree. Things have changed, Aiden appears to be enjoying his football again and is playing with confidence and enjoying life under Mowbray. Results havent gone our way this season, that is true but as one poster says above and as McGeady has gone on record saying - he is happy with Celtic for the time being but does have ambitions to play in one of the superior leagues at some point in his career. At this point it wont be his choice, imo.

He's more than worth it in the context of transfer fees in the current market place. Are any of them worth it? well thats a completely different discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    £10m would be a lot of money for Aiden if there were not conditions about appearances/performance attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I think he will go for about 8 million if he does leave. 5 million wouldnt be enough for Celtic to sell their best player and 10 million does sound too much at this stage of his career
    Celtic have already knocked back a £10m bid for McGeady from Birmingham and slapped a big "Not for Sale" sign on him. Mowbray and Lawell are serious about wanting to keep him at Celtic - It is going to take a serious £10m+ offer to get him this January. Remember he is only 18 months in to a 5 year contract.

If the likes of St-Ledger are being valued at £3m, Fortune was bought for circa £3.5m in the summer. Two wexamples of far inferior players vastly less experience on the European or International stage. If Celtic are to lose their biggest asset - it has to be worthwhile. Unfortunately the EPL clubs think they can come in and take the pi$$ in their valuations and offers for players. Thankfully for Celtic, McGeady is under a long contract and if he does go it will be for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan 82 View Post
    I think Babel is his #1 target but he might settle for McGeady if the price was right. I just have a hard time seeing McGeady leaving Celtic, don't know why but it would be surreal seeing him play for a different club.
    Mcleish appears to have given up on McGeady for now based on the above knockback.
    Last edited by Junior; 08/01/2010 at 9:49 PM.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew