Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Foot.ie Banner

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    whats the story with the money?? has who ever's sorting this set up a paypal account yet?
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    I'm not taking responsibility for the money until the design of the banner is finalised.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is this going ahead now or whats the story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is this Idea still alive or has it fallen flat ?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads --- we should probably go ahead and set up the paypal account and collect the money so we can get the flag. It would be nice to have it for Stuttgart. How long does it take them to make and print flag?

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallasirish View Post
    Lads --- we should probably go ahead and set up the paypal account and collect the money so we can get the flag. It would be nice to have it for Stuttgart. How long does it take them to make and print flag?
    I dont think the money is going to be collected until the design has been decided... dont see it being ready for stuttgart my self
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    I told casso36 via PM very early in this discussion that aiming for Stuttgart was a bad idea, because the logistics are never as simple as people think they are.

Ont he subject of PayPal, I just don't think it's a very good idea to start taking money in for something that hasn't been agreed yet. As far as I can see it hasn't even been decided whether it's going to be a flag or a jersey . What happens when people send money expecting a jersey, see a jersey, and ask for their money back?

I someone else wants to take payments, I have no problem with that, but don't come crying to me if they disappear with the money, or produce a crap banner.

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 14/08/2006 at 6:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Threads merged. Since casso36 started this thread, I'd suggest waiting until he comes back to settle on design. He'd organising the flag after all, he can't go to the printers without a design.

adam

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    I told casso36 via PM very early in this discussion that aiming for Stuttgart was a bad idea, because the logistics are never as simple as people think they are.

adam
    I agree with the above BUT the flag will be well worth waiting for, (Im saying flag as its 2 - 1 for a flag)

I also have suggested that if people pay by cheque made out to Prospect Design or credit card which prospect will also take it will get around any problems of someone doing a runner with the money.

If Casso wants help with this im happy to oblige to compile the list. THen we can finalise the design, upload it and request chqs / cc / laser card nos to be sent to one of us. I doubt if there is anyonbe out there pledging money that cant get their hands on a chq or laser / credit card.

ALso if it has to be abandoned chqs can be torn up. Nothing would be cashed till the total has been reached.

I'd be amazed if anyone would give a rubber chq given wed have their name!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    I'm sure casso36 will be delighted for the offer of help, nice one. I'd strongly recommend not collecting CC/Laser card details from people though, you'd be opening yourself up to major liability.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hello All!!!

I'm Back (**** Weather in Spain) where's the DonationsThread Gone?? Have we recievied the required amount?? Can't see thread anymore.

So it is defo Flag!! And Adam wheres the design?? I think we should go for the Tri Colour Flag And names put around edge of flag. Let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casso36 View Post
    And Adam wheres the design?
    Excuse me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Excuse me?
    lol!!!!

Adam where did the donation thread go??? Have we been donated enough funds???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    The threads were merged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The threads were merged.
    Thanks!!!!

How about setting up the account now we should have enough funds with forever and friends donations. Anything over you can give to charity!!!

Also the tri colour design you made up (out of the 4) looks the best!! Can you remove the names from front and add talk balls like the web site i think that would be brillant. I know its a big ask but if we could get all funds in by friday we could have it done by next week. Also if you could forward me the design i can forward it to hazel and see what she can come up with by next friday but would need the design today or latest tommorow!!

Know your very busy but see what you can do.

P.S. The final decision is Tri Colour Flag Type With Foot.ie Talk Balls, Names Around the edge of flag. I'm making that call if that's ok, and people can give me grief if they want!!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin View Post
    I agree with the above BUT the flag will be well worth waiting for, (Im saying flag as its 2 - 1 for a flag)

I also have suggested that if people pay by cheque made out to Prospect Design or credit card which prospect will also take it will get around any problems of someone doing a runner with the money.

If Casso wants help with this im happy to oblige to compile the list. THen we can finalise the design, upload it and request chqs / cc / laser card nos to be sent to one of us. I doubt if there is anyonbe out there pledging money that cant get their hands on a chq or laser / credit card.

ALso if it has to be abandoned chqs can be torn up. Nothing would be cashed till the total has been reached.

I'd be amazed if anyone would give a rubber chq given wed have their name!
    Forever i'd be grateful of any help that you can offer, i think we have enough funds with your friends donations and we can still have it done for stuggart, if we can set up account today or tommorow and get all funds in!! Let me know if an account can be set up that quick and we can get all donations in and order flag if we can before friday we can have it by stuggart!!! If not we'll just have to wait for next game. But hope to do it for saturday week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    casso, there's very little chance of having all the money in by this week. I think you'll have to set a new target for the Cyprus game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    casso, there's very little chance of having all the money in by this week. I think you'll have to set a new target for the Cyprus game.
    Maybe so eirbhoy, but it's worth a try if not Cyprus game then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Good to see progress being made, but I agree with eirebhoy that aiming for the Cypus game is sensible.

I want to be absolutely sure of the design here, so please confirm:
    1. You're talking about the bottom-right here, yes?
    2. For the record, the existing logo, at the top of this page, will be used on this flag. I haven't decided on a new logo yet.
    3. Is Foot.ie going across the entire flag, or just the white section? If the entire flag, will that work?
    4. Do you want to retain "on tour", or replace it with "Talk Balls"?
    5. Please be more specific about the names around the edge.
    When these are decided and the design is finalised, I'll send it off to Walter for completion, and I'll set up the payment page.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good to see progress being made, but I agree with eirebhoy that aiming for the Cypus game is sensible.

I want to be absolutely sure of the design here, so please confirm:
    1. You're talking about the bottom-right here, yes?
    2. For the record, the existing logo, at the top of this page, will be used on this flag. I haven't decided on a new logo yet.
    3. Is Foot.ie going across the entire flag, or just the white section? If the entire flag, will that work?
    4. Do you want to retain "on tour", or replace it with "Talk Balls"?
    5. Please be more specific about the names around the edge.
    When these are decided and the design is finalised, I'll send it off to Walter for completion, and I'll set up the payment page.

adam
    1) Yes Bottom-Right
    2) Yes Existing Logo
    3) Not intirely across flag
    4) Foot.ie
    Talk Balls (This being smaller)
    On Tour
    (Somthing like that) Looks Good!!
    5) Was thinking about getting each users name/Real Name printed around edge of flag or trying to squeeze them along bottom what ever works, rather than having them taking away from the flag itself.

Hope this tidies things up, it will look brill that way i think but see what you think when you alter your original one.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast