Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundalk boss questions league reshuffle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sduffy View Post
    With a new owner its also got its financial act together and living within its means in that its income is greater than its expenditure and all tax affairs settled to date.
    As far as I can see, whether a club runs itself within its means or not and whether it turns out a profit are not included in the critera and have no bearing on things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its absolutely crucial that The Laney is stopped dead in his tracks trying to push this farce through. On merit this season or not at all. No other wishey washey criteria shoule be countenanced by any real football people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    its absolutely crucial that The Laney is stopped dead in his tracks trying to push this farce through. On merit this season or not at all. No other wishey washey criteria shoule be countenanced by any real football people
    The clubs have already voted on it. No one opposed it. I happen to have some theories as to why some of the turkeys voted for Christmas, but it's too late - this is going through, whether you, me, or Gill likes it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and what exactly is goin through?
    its mostly designed to get shamrock out of their little pickle
    and throw a bone to the tax dodgers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    and what exactly is goin through?
    its mostly designed to get shamrock out of their little pickle
    and throw a bone to the tax dodgers
    Rather a lot. The purpose of the merger and restructuring is irrelevant. This has already been debated to death on this site.
    The main thread on it is here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think some of you are taking this up wrong . Gill was saying that even if we win the league and do well in the cup , that rovers will get promoted before us . If we win this first division should we not have the right to play in the top league , we have got finances in the right place now and have a bit og financial backing , we have the crowds how many prem teams get 1500 at a game and that was against galway . We can get up to 2000 to 3000 at a game if we were playing in the top league against drogs bohs rovers derry cork easily and people know that . The fact in the matter is that it doesnt matter how bad rovers do or ho well we do or cobh or galway the fai have picked the teams they want in it a dublin league is what they always wanted bar cork derry and drogs, and they will do there best to stop us spoiling there fun .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sduffy View Post
    With a new owner its also got its financial act together and living within its means in that its income is greater than its expenditure
    In the future perhaps, but not this season according to your new owner:
    " Our main cost is the first team and it is produced at a loss. Every week our income which is generated by gate receipts, pitch rental, bars, sponsorship, advertising signs, lotto, fundraising, contributions from the Trust, Dublin Branch, Supporters Club and Travel Club etc fall far short of what it takes to meet our expenditure. Even before this season is finished I will have to put approximately 130,000 to meet the shortfall in expenses."
    http://dundalkfc.com/News/060711_EGM.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah thats a fair point but if we can get in to prem and have 2to 3 thousand coming in the gates each game that will cover that loss . And when you have your home support so high and a big enough away support like drogs bohs rover pats shels derry . compared to the ten galway fans last week and the 10 mons fans turn up or athlone . Dundalk rovers and harps are the only teams that have a good travel away support in this league .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Except you may well increase expenditure when you enter the top flight. Most teams do. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, the wage cap will do in cases like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave drummerboy View Post
    Yeah thats a fair point but if we can get in to prem and have 2to 3 thousand coming in the gates each game that will cover that loss . And when you have your home support so high and a big enough away support like drogs bohs rover pats shels derry . compared to the ten galway fans last week and the 10 mons fans turn up or athlone . Dundalk rovers and harps are the only teams that have a good travel away support in this league .

What horse****.Yee had 5 fans in Terryland a couple of months back.Maybe we only had 10 fans because yee play on a ludricous night.We bring more than Harps would to alot of games and certainly more than yee for many aswell.

Rovers are the only team in the league with a consistent large away support.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Right conor that was a cheap dig on my part but come on we have more then five travel bus goes to every game and has at elast twenty regulars . Yeah thurs night is not the best for travelling fans from galwway and that but seen that the prem is a dublin league the only fans that will complain will be cork .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair enough Dave.
    Dundalk is the only ground that GUST don't run a bus too.
    On average we have about 25-40 at most away games with exceptions like Athlone,Limerick and Rovers.

If Dundalk played on a Saturday we would run a bus.However i would imagine the extra revenue generated from the 30 of us wouldn't come close to what the bar gets on a Saturday night.That's the only reason i can see for yee playing on a thursday!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is the reason that we play on a thurs night , theres always some partys on and the money that can be made from them are unreal .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    I`ve been of the opinion for a long long time that no one knows for sure what 12 teams will make up next years super fai premier lge, maybe the top 7 in the premier will make it, fine, but the next 5 ? who knows for certain that rovs will get an invite (proably but for sure ??) as for galway, again a v good case as they appear to have their house in order, but a certainty ??????

these would be my certs

shels
    cork
    derry
    drogs
    bohs
    pats
    longs

then having a good chance would be

rovs
    ucd

50/50

dlk
    galway
    sligo

slim chance

harps/bray/wat`d

no chance

mons
    cobh
    lims
    kildare
    kilkenny
    athlone

thats about it

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I`ve been of the opinion for a long long time that no one knows for sure what 12 teams will make up next years super fai premier lge, maybe the top 7 in the premier will make it, fine, but the next 5 ? who knows for certain that rovs will get an invite (proably but for sure ??) as for galway, again a v good case as they appear to have their house in order, but a certainty ??????

these would be my certs

shels
    cork
    derry
    drogs
    bohs
    pats
    longs

then having a good chance would be

rovs
    ucd

50/50

dlk
    galway
    sligo

slim chance

harps/bray/wat`d

no chance

mons
    cobh
    lims
    kildare
    kilkenny
    athlone

thats about it
    Waterford,Sligo and Rovers have their places assured IMHO. The last two places will be between UCD, Bray, Dundalk and Galway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Waterford,Sligo and Rovers have their places assured IMHO. The last two places will be between UCD, Bray, Dundalk and Galway.
    I'd roughly agree with Limerick and Waterford also possibilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I don't know John Gill but I think his gripe is based on if Dundalk win the first division or possibly come second. I get the impression from his complaint that he feels the team that wins the first, be it Rovers, Dundalk or whoever, should be in the Premier next year.

Put it this way if Dundalk suffer a drop in form and finish fifth I don't think Gill will think they were hard done by.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You would bigger crowds home and away fans if you stopped this thursday night nonsense.

Agree that whoever wins the first should get promoted but you can see why they want us in the new premier. Conor H is spot on.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the fai have picked the teams they want in it a dublin league is what they always wanted bar cork derry and drogs, and they will do there best to stop us spoiling there fun .
    seen that the prem is a dublin league the only fans that will complain will be cork .
    That's crazy talk! One of the main reasons the FAI went with this criteria nonsense was to get rid of Dublin City (MISSION ACCOMPLISHED) and UCD. The FAI/Government have gone on record that they want to reduce the number of grounds in Dublin and Bray's case for staying up is not helped by their proximity to Dublin. I believe it is also the FAI's strong preference not to replace CHF with another Dublin club.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint View Post
    That's crazy talk! One of the main reasons the FAI went with this criteria nonsense was to get rid of Dublin City (MISSION ACCOMPLISHED) and UCD. The FAI/Government have gone on record that they want to reduce the number of grounds in Dublin and Bray's case for staying up is not helped by their proximity to Dublin. I believe it is also the FAI's strong preference not to replace CHF with another Dublin club.
    Correct.
    The other was to get Rovers back up if need be but they are doing it on their own in fairness.
    The FAI quite evidently want 4 teams in Dublin; Bohs, Pats, Rovers and Shels.
    After that, a look at the regional distribution of the other teams is interesting, and I think will point the way towards the make up of the SuperDuper Dozen.
    Bray may suffer for being close to Dublin, and indeed a lot of us simple country folk lump them in with the Dublin sides, but I reckon ye Dubs don't, so their position just outside the pale, allied to their recent record, will see them safe IMO.
    Kilkenny, Dundalk and Cobh won't be so lucky though, they will suffer from being so close to Waterford, Drogs and Cork.
    Derry and Longford have their regions buttoned down.
    Sligo I think have enough of a set-up, and are impressing enough in the Premier, to consider that they're fairly safe.
    That would leave the last place a straight scrap between Galway and Harps, with Harps probably losing out due to the proximity to Sligo and Derry.

So that is the 12 based purely on geography. With all criteria taken into account, though, it'll probably become a race between Galway, Dundalk and UCD for the 12th spot.
    Last edited by stann; 24/08/2006 at 4:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast