Page 103 of 170 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3381

Thread: Darron Gibson

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Rumoured to be ready to sit out this season (presumably to keep his good wage at Man U) and then go somewhere for free in the summer. Very disappointing if this is true. He should at least look for a loan somewhere.

http://www.click-manchester.com/spor...er-united.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Darrons actions in the next 3 weeks will tell you a lot where his priorities lie.

If he doesn't make a move, then he shouldn't go to Poland.
    While I agree with you regarding the next 3 weeks telling us a lot about where Gibson is at, he will still go to Euro 12. Trap doesn't make too many changes to his squads and Gibson knows what Trap requires of him in a position where our present, experienced depth is minimal. In other words, given a choice between Paul Green and Gibson I would choose the Man Utd man every time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    mcarthy and meyler have 6 months to stake a claim, he could find himself out fairly easily.

a few wildcards will pop up (like mcclean) and realistically there are only 2 or 3 spaces that are debatable in the squad barring injury. gibson's is one of these, if he doesn't seek first team football now he doesn't deserve a place

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    That would be very disappointing if true.
    Surely he realises that Euro 2012 could be the highest stage he'll ever get to perform. Even if his ambitions really are to make as much money as he possibly can, Poland/Ukraine could be the shop window he needs.

Anyway, I'll reserve judgement until the window is closed, but for some reason, the idea that a player would sit out his contract and put his Irish squad place in jeopardy really makes me angry. I can't understand how anyone would possibly come to that decision.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    While I agree with you regarding the next 3 weeks telling us a lot about where Gibson is at, he will still go to Euro 12. Trap doesn't make too many changes to his squads and Gibson knows what Trap requires of him in a position where our present, experienced depth is minimal. In other words, given a choice between Paul Green and Gibson I would choose the Man Utd man every time.
    That's really logical thinking.

If Gibson does what you say then he doesn't deserve to be in the departure lounge carrying the team's water next June, let alone playing on the Irish team. He needs to wake up and realize that he's never going to make it at United or any other team for that matter if he doesn't up his work rate and begin to demand the ball in midfield. He is just a passenger at United and has shown scant ambition. If he stays there instead of taking up a loan option, then he has no ambition at club or international football.

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    mcarthy and meyler have 6 months to stake a claim, he could find himself out fairly easily.

a few wildcards will pop up (like mcclean) and realistically there are only 2 or 3 spaces that are debatable in the squad barring injury. gibson's is one of these, if he doesn't seek first team football now he doesn't deserve a place
    Trap has basically said that if Gibson does not start playing, then he won't be going to Poland. In the meantime, he has been speaking very positively about McCarthy's improvement.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Well, it's certainly not Darron who has been receiving the 'bravo' text from Trap.

On another but related point, I suspect that Trap delegates such tedious jobs as typing out a sms.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Maybe Gibson's plan is to force Ferguson to send him out on loan for the rest of the season. I can't imagine Ferguson letting an unwanted player just to sit around for the rest of the season if he can get rid of him now. I'm sure, the very least, a Championship team would be interested in taking him on.

In relation to Gibson and his place in the Ireland team, Trap's record shows his loyalty and conservatism in picking squads. McCarthy will make it, Meyler won't due to injury and lack of international experience, and that leaves a battle possibly between Gibson and Green. I will repeat myself again, Gibson over Green any day.
    Last edited by gastric; 10/01/2012 at 8:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I'd prefer Gibson over Green too, but not if Gibson is languishing in the reserves for the rest of the season.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    i thought the green nightmare was over, no?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    I'd say Paul's nightmare is over
    He has made a fine return to form since that bad injury, literally he has not missed a beat and went straight into derby's first team.
    And I think they have won every game since he returned. Apparently fitted in like a glove at RB as well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    you think he should be in our squad?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Nah, I'd go for Andrews Whelan McCarthy and someone else.

But, I like Green's ….. mentality.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    fahey has to be ahead of mccarthy, but i would bring both

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    If I had to choose gibson or Green then , If Gibson is willing to rot in uniteds reserves until june then I will go for green(provided he gets alot of game time between now and the euros)

Gibson maybe (I did say Maybe) the better player but I'd sooner have someone who is getting consistent game time and making every effort to get it rather than someone who is willing to miss out on first team club football no matter what the reason

As im living in Toronto , I dont get to see much of Green playing for Derby this season , surprisingly Derby County aint that popular here for some reason but going on the forums he seems to be winning Derby fans around.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php...mid=2115815049

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Gr...ail/story.html
    Last edited by back of the net; 10/01/2012 at 9:57 PM.
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    fahey has to be ahead of mccarthy, but i would bring both
    I don't see them as competing.
    So far, Fahey has been picked (mainly) as one of the wide midfielders in the squad. I'd go along with that for the Finals' squad. Then you have some versatility, adequate cover for any midfield position.

I suspect there's going to be a dogfight between McClean and Hunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    i thought the green nightmare was over, no?
    and what a harrying nightmare it was.... sorry, harrowing nightmare.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    That's really logical thinking.

If Gibson does what you say then he doesn't deserve to be in the departure lounge carrying the team's water next June, let alone playing on the Irish team. He needs to wake up and realize that he's never going to make it at United or any other team for that matter if he doesn't up his work rate and begin to demand the ball in midfield. He is just a passenger at United and has shown scant ambition. If he stays there instead of taking up a loan option, then he has no ambition at club or international football.

Just read your post and yes I am a very logical thinker. Firstly, Gibson has never been a regular at Utd - fact! The only time he has got regular football is when he was on loan. He has still, despite never getting regular football, been a consistent squad member under Trap. As mentioned above I do accept Gibson should move - it's logical. If he doesn't Trap will still probably pick him, as he is loyal to his players, conservative in attitude and there is no obvious competition. Green has been mentioned as a replacement and his last performances for Ireland showed him to be a headless chicken. He would have to be playing out of his skin to replace Gibson in the squad. Using logic again if we had real competition for midfield positions Gibson should miss out, but as we haven't he will be picked.

Emotion has not been or will not be part of Trap's decision making in terms of the squad and your post indicates that somehow he is treacherous in not demanding a move. Such a belief is emotive rather than logical.
    Last edited by gastric; 11/01/2012 at 12:54 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I don't see them as competing.
    So far, Fahey has been picked (mainly) as one of the wide midfielders in the squad.
    I am struggling to remember a game where Fahey played right midfield for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrigaline View Post
    I am struggling to remember a game where Fahey played right midfield for us.
    Slovakia away I think?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

23. Thanks From: