Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: What is the situation now with Promotion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the situation now with Promotion?

What is the situation now with Promotion and relagetion that Dublin City are extinct? Is there 2 up and third play off from the first div with 1 down and 1 play off in the prem. Or is it 1 up with 1 play off and just bottom team in play off .............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Naw....its still up in the air to be decided by independent tribunal at end of season. Some bloke on the limerick link has a fairly good breakdown on it but approx 50% is football results this year and last 3 or 4 years also with the other 50% being your facilities, ownership of ground etc. We are looking good on both counts at the moment once the results keep coming and we finish in top 2 or 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the two teams that are going to go up are galway and finn harps.
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    well it might be only one going up as dc are gone unless a new club joins the 1st division personly
    i would like for yee to go up as yee would be my second eircom league club even if i was abused when i went down there wearing a city top
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone
    well it might be only one going up as dc are gone unless a new club joins the 1st division personly
    i would like for yee to go up as yee would be my second eircom league club even if i was abused when i went down there wearing a city top
    you wouldn't let a bit of idle banter upset you would ya?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I cant see Finn harps going up they are nearly Bankrupt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hoops and Galway will go up I reckon,galway have money,fans and a stadium thats geeting a new stand and we have fans,money and a stadium soon hopefully
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Why are you so sure that Galway and harps go up Nismo?

And nshoop what makes you think we've got money? WE've got great teams of fundraisers but still looking for an oil baron to relieve the pressure! The ground is not owned by United either.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Oilean

And nshoop what makes you think we've got money? WE've got great teams of fundraisers but still looking for an oil baron to relieve the pressure! The ground is not owned by United either.
    Ground ownership isn't required - a long term lease would suffice. The most important thing is your location and potential. The FAI are trying to engineer a well dispersed league with a lot of the older bigger names involved. So Galway in there is important. Rovers will go up too. I think UCD are sunk and I had thought Bray too but DC's demise might save one of them (probaby UCD). Or else it could allow Dundalk or Athlone or Limerick (if we can sort out a ground) to go up. I don't think Cobh will go up - Cork City are already there and Ramblers have not got a large area to draw on for potential support.

I am not agreeing with this selection process but this is how I read the FAI's statements and actions. A league with names in it like Shels, Cork, Rovers, Sligo, Galway, Bohs, Waterford, Athlone, Dundalk, Longford, Derry and Limerick looks very appealing.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Oilean

a certain person told me!
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    Ground ownership isn't required - a long term lease would suffice. The most important thing is your location and potential. The FAI are trying to engineer a well dispersed league with a lot of the older bigger names involved. So Galway in there is important. Rovers will go up too. I think UCD are sunk and I had thought Bray too but DC's demise might save one of them (probaby UCD). Or else it could allow Dundalk or Athlone or Limerick (if we can sort out a ground) to go up. I don't think Cobh will go up - Cork City are already there and Ramblers have not got a large area to draw on for potential support.

I am not agreeing with this selection process but this is how I read the FAI's statements and actions. A league with names in it like Shels, Cork, Rovers, Sligo, Galway, Bohs, Waterford, Athlone, Dundalk, Longford, Derry and Limerick looks very appealing.
    Disagree about us not having a large area to draw on. We are after all within 20 minutes reach of a population centre of around 250,000. The club are doing up the ground, a brand new dressing room/office complex and work to start on a new stand in a matter of weeks as well as other plans in the pipeline. I would say it would be tight squeeze to make it but you never know, if the team could do the business on the pitch it would strengthen our case, but I would hope that whatever the make up of the new league is, that there would be a reasonable chance of promotion to it.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Rams have a great chance of promation. They own their own ground, they have new dressing rooms and new stands on the way. They'll want to finish in the top3 o be sure anyway. I really hope they do it and Waterford stay up. Atleast 3 Munster teams then. I'd like to see Limerick go up as well.
    City Til I Die

Champions 2005