Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Oscar Traynor Manager 2006

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Limerick Oscar Traynor Manager 2006

LDMC are inviting applications for new managers in the Oscar Traynor and Youths teams Any Ideas?

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper
    LDMC are inviting applications for new managers in the Oscar Traynor and Youths teams Any Ideas?

Pa Mull Oscar Traynor manager
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i don't think anybody would want the junior job,nobody takes it seriously,at least the minors put in a fair effort

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale
    Pa Mull Oscar Traynor manager
    cool he;ll be the best man for the job

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newlad
    cool he;ll be the best man for the job
    Well someone should ask him to apply

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

done

Well someone should ask him to apply

why apply when he has already shaking hands on it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops12
    why apply when he has already shaking hands on it
    Another story from someone who heard something from someone!
    All applications will be looked at and the committee will make a decision on the best applicant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Another story from someone who heard something from someone!
    All applications will be looked at and the committee will make a decision on the best applicant.
    Nobody applies for this stupid job. Who'd want it anyway. Nobody wants to play in it, and which ever clubs are doing well at the time of the games are only going to withdraw their players 'due to injury'....

It's a joke. I remember a certain now deceased Alderman from Southill being offered the job a few years back. That proved how pathetic it really is.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well We are trying to raise the profile and give it some support.
    Any players who are selected for an oscar traynor squad must atend or will stand suspended, if they are injured one would expect that they would not be available to their own clubs. and as regards clubs! if a club has a player involved in the squad the team is entitled to have their match postponed for that weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any players who are selected for an oscar traynor squad must atend or will stand suspended, if they are injured one would expect that they would not be available to their own clubs. and as regards clubs! if a club has a player involved in the squad the team is entitled to have their match postponed for that weekend.
    if u dont want to play in a micky mouse tournament its the players choice

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the only 1
    if u dont want to play in a micky mouse tournament its the players choice
    I am afraid its Not, The oscar traynor is classed as a representitive game and all players registered with the league must make themselves available if requested. If clubs want to change this then they need to put forward a rule change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The Oscar Traynor should be a pre-season tournament, run off on a purely knock out basis over a few weekends before the season starts. Players and clubs simply don't want to play in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    i think it is a pity that this competition is under valued. You should have trials and each club can nominate some players to go. This way you will get at least the players that want to play. then if the manager has any favorites he should be able to ask them to play and try and persuade them. If players don't want to play let them miss it. until it is run right the players won't care. banning players for not playing makes a joke of it. At least teams with one player missing get their games off now .
    How many times in the last 5 years have the oscar traynor team met up for games and didn't even know the players that they were playing with??? where would you be going with that !!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Banning Players

Banning Players Cause They Dont Want To Play Is A Load Of Crap. If U Dont Want To Play U Dont Have To. I Was Ask Before By Jaws Ryan To Go To One The Matches As A Sub And I Told Him No And Tere Was No Hint Of A Ban. Talks Of A Ban Are Only Rumours That Never Happens

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.F.C
    Banning Players Cause They Dont Want To Play Is A Load Of Crap. If U Dont Want To Play U Dont Have To. I Was Ask Before By Jaws Ryan To Go To One The Matches As A Sub And I Told Him No And Tere Was No Hint Of A Ban. Talks Of A Ban Are Only Rumours That Never Happens
    I Hate to burst your bubble but the rule stands at the moment that any player requested to become a member of the OT squad must make himself available as per rule 39 or face a 1 month suspension. I dont make these up and I dont deal in rumors. If clubs want to change these rules they are able to do so each year but never do?
    Is it really such a bad thing to be selected to represent your league in a national competition?
    There may have been issues in the past with the selection of players, but I for one think that if any player is arrogant enough to decline a chance to represent the league then he shoud be denied the oppertunity of playing in that league for a period of time

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I Hate to burst your bubble but the rule stands at the moment that any player requested to become a member of the OT squad must make himself available as per rule 39 or face a 1 month suspension. I dont make these up and I dont deal in rumors. If clubs want to change these rules they are able to do so each year but never do?
    Is it really such a bad thing to be selected to represent your league in a national competition?
    There may have been issues in the past with the selection of players, but I for one think that if any player is arrogant enough to decline a chance to represent the league then he shoud be denied the oppertunity of playing in that league for a period of time
    hear hear

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Old Keeper, is there any names in for it can u tell us??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newlad
    Old Keeper, is there any names in for it can u tell us??
    Im afraid I can't say, but the decision will be posted on the website as soon as it is made.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Im afraid I can't say, but the decision will be posted on the website as soon as it is made.
    and when will it be known do u think??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Oldkeeper - I have been saying for years now that the said rule is a load of crap. No need to change it at an AGM but a word of warning - if LDMC ever ban a player for not showing up for an Oscar Traynor they could find themselves in a lot of trouble in a court of law. You cannot infringe on the human rights of a player by insisting he has to play when he doesn't want to. Yes, I have taken advice on it - I suggest LDMC do likewise before someone catches them out and see's an opportunity to make a quick buck ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast