Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Should the LDMC be Doing for Clubs ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What Should the LDMC be Doing for Clubs ?

What do you think the LDMC should be doing for clubs in Limerick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    • Possible develop a sort of business directory within the league so the league-friendly companies (sponsors) would make up this directory and other clubs, players, staff could choose to do business with those companies, thus rewarding them even further for their sponsorship. This would provide a bigger incentive for companies to provide sponsorship in the further.
    • Helping with sponsorship, either by getting a big sponsorship deal for the whole league and divide it equally among the clubs in the league, or by helping clubs get their own sponsorship deal by adding extra incentives to enable them to do that.
    • Be helping with the administration of the league and streamlining the administration that is involved with the clubs. Have a good online presence in my opinion is vital on this count but clubs/leagues seem to hold little value in it for some reason.
    • Providing a website resource to clubs, such as hosting. It think it would be a good step aswell to try and provide a website that can be updated by club officials as a means of disseminating information to the clubs players and staff.
    • Enabling clubs to avail of training, be it coaching, referees courses or even on administration or first aid etc. I would suggest that this be subsidised to some degree.
    • They should also be disseminating information on how other clubs are performing off the pitch, what initiatives have been undertaken and what degree of success have they had? What are the pitfalls if any? I would also suggest that this be tied in with a monthly/quarterly newsletter.
    • They should also undertake the development of a framework for clubs to work within. Not too far away from the UEFA Licensing scheme the eL clubs have undertaken. Definitely some sort of benchmarking, outlining standards or basic agreed requirements that clubs should adhere to. The objective here would be to have better governance within clubs.
    • They should also keep clubs up to date on various grants and schemes, which are available to them, what are the prerequisites? How can they be eligible or compliant for said grants etc.
    • The league should be looking to get as much exposure for the league and clubs as possible. They should establish good links with local and national media bodies and provide information to them wherever possible. They should constantly be looking to raise the profile of the league.

Just a few suggestions there off the top of my head. If i think of anymore then i'll add them in later on.
    Last edited by A face; 11/07/2006 at 12:24 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    • Possible develop a sort of business directory within the league so the league-friendly companies (sponsors) would make up this directory and other clubs, players, staff could choose to do business with those companies, thus rewarding them even further for their sponsorship. This would provide a bigger incentive for companies to provide sponsorship in the further.
    • Helping with sponsorship, either by getting a big sponsorship deal for the whole league and divide it equally among the clubs in the league, or by helping clubs get their own sponsorship deal by adding extra incentives to enable them to do that.
    • Be helping with the administration of the league and streamlining the administration that is involved with the clubs. Have a good online presence in my opinion is vital on this count but clubs/leagues seem to hold little value in it for some reason.
    • Providing a website resource to clubs, such as hosting. It think it would be a good step aswell to try and provide a website that can be updated by club officials as a means of disseminating information to the clubs players and staff.
    • Enabling clubs to avail of training, be it coaching, referees courses or even on administration or first aid etc. I would suggest that this be subsidised to some degree.
    • They should also be disseminating information on how other clubs are performing off the pitch, what initiatives have been undertaken and what degree of success have they had? What are the pitfalls if any? I would also suggest that this be tied in with a monthly/quarterly newsletter.
    • They should also undertake the development of a framework for clubs to work within. Not too far away from the UEFA Licensing scheme the eL clubs have undertaken. Definitely some sort of benchmarking, outlining standards or basic agreed requirements that clubs should adhere to. The objective here would be to have better governance within clubs.
    • They should also keep clubs up to date on various grants and schemes, which are available to them, what are the prerequisites? How can they be eligible or compliant for said grants etc.
    • The league should be looking to get as much exposure for the league and clubs as possible. They should establish good links with local and national media bodies and provide information to them wherever possible. They should constantly be looking to raise the profile of the league.

Just a few suggestions there off the top of my head. If i think of anymore then i'll add them in later on.
    You made alot good coments, and the the responsabilty of any league needs a good admin to run it, but also need the suport of its clubs to indorse any improvements it wishes to make ie like ground improvments.
    Funding is everyone problem thou I think its hard for any league to find sponsors for its clubs. thou the league can get sponsors for it competitions, which in turn could be given as prize fund or tokens.
    At the end of the day you the clubs are paying for a service and the league is responable to deliver

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any when ur finish with that list Old Keeper how bout a roll of honour on the website

what clubs have won what over the years

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks

Hi lads

thanks for the feed back, I agree that there should be a lot more on the admin support for clubs and in fact I think that the HQ should have a full time office to support clubs with printing and grant application etc. On the training front there will be a new page for the FAI regional RDO to follow up on clubs requests and training courses. There will be training for secretaries and PRO's over the season and the first aid training is a good idea.
    The Directory is already simmering away and there should be movement on this mid season, but there are a lot of people to persuade on the committee first.
    Licencing is a great way to set a benchmark for all clubs and my personal preference is that unless a club meets the divisional requirements they are not promoted, this will ensure that the same effort goes into the back room set up as goes into the pitch side.
    The Sponsorship and funding is a thorny issue but could be overcome by clubs requesting the LDMC to apply on their behalf and the money would be divided up per capita. another way to get funds for clubs is to host a few big name games with the proceeds split between all clubs. This would allow clubs to benifit from central funding as well as taking some small amount of pressure off the admin.
    The bottom line of course will be support from the clubs.

I will have a roll of honour up before next season just need to get the facts solid first.
    Last edited by Old keeper; 18/07/2006 at 7:03 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Free Ball

By the way the league has agreed to issue a free match ball worth €70 to each team registered this season and this will have the league crest, the idea is that there will be less of a problem with complaints about clubs not having approved balls available for games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

ldmc are as corrupt as you can get watch the way teams get matchs off whenever they want ps is paddy cusack there again this year hes the worse one causing trouble every year with the fixtures

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the only 1
    ldmc are as corrupt as you can get watch the way teams get matchs off whenever they want ps is paddy cusack there again this year hes the worse one
    Well I am on the LDMC and I am not corrupt So please lets try to be positive.

The proceedure for getting games off is simple
    In the event of a pitch being unplayable the league Fixtures secretary must be notified before 2pm on the sat.

All Clubs are entitled to apply for free weekends as per rule.

Any deaths in a club may result in the postponment of games,

All clubs will be given a list of fixtures prior to the season commencing.

If there is no change this season then you can complain otherwise lets all try to make it work better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper
    Well I am on the LDMC and I am not corrupt So please lets try to be positive.

The proceedure for getting games off is simple
    In the event of a pitch being unplayable the league Fixtures secretary must be notified before 2pm on the sat.

All Clubs are entitled to apply for free weekends as per rule.

Any deaths in a club may result in the postponment of games,

If there is no change this season then you can complain otherwise lets all try to make it work better.
    like the end of last season was a joke with pike+carew getting any matchs of they want

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    like the end of last season was a joke with pike+carew getting any matchs of they want

HAVE YOU ANTHING POSITIVE TO SAY AT ALL IN ANY OF THE THREADS????
    YOU MUST HAVE HAD A SAD CHILDHOOD.
    68, 99, 08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    agree abbeyvale

all clubs need to help out to improve the LDMC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its simple really

No team get matches of unless they meet the criteria, if you know of some teams who did please forward me your details and any solid facts I will ensure that any members of the committee who were involved in this are asked to respond to the comments. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem, and I am sorry to say that the problem for years has been people not willing to step up to the plate and do their bit, this is the last response I will make to any comments such as above from the only 1.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Keep the faith

Fair play to you Old Keeper. You seem to be giving a lot of time and energy to this.

The website has been a huge addition. Personally, I think that the biggest single achievement would be the fixture list at the start of the season or even at the start of each month.

In the top three divisions over the last few seasons there have been suspicions of favoured clubs being left with a huge amount of home games in hand. I realise that clubs that go out of town in the junior cups will always have a backlog but going in to the last 5 or 6 games of the season everyone should be on the same games played.

Abbeyvale and backofdanet are spot on. It is up to the clubs to get involved. But the website should make this easier.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    [QUOTE=Old keeper]

Old Keeper
    Will the fixture list consist of all fixtures for a full season for each club.
    ie; date and kick off times throughout the season etc etc;;
    68, 99, 08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=abbeyvale]
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper

Old Keeper
    Will the fixture list consist of all fixtures for a full season for each club.
    ie; date and kick off times throughout the season etc etc;;
    The list will be issued for all league games for the full season and will initially be issued showing the schedule of games, this should eliminate the issue with regard to who plays who and when. any postponment of a game will have a reason posted as to why the game was changed. The dates will most likely be put in as far ahead as possible, but as you know there will always be issues with weather and other issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    [QUOTE=Old keeper]
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale

The list will be issued for all league games for the full season and will initially be issued showing the schedule of games, this should eliminate the issue with regard to who plays who and when. any postponment of a game will have a reason posted as to why the game was changed. The dates will most likely be put in as far ahead as possible, but as you know there will always be issues with weather and other issues.

sounds good
    68, 99, 08

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile its hard work

Anyone who has served on an L.M.C will no its hard work to keep all clubs happy.
    At the end of the day you as clubs must follow the ground rules as layed down in order to have a sussessful L.M.C.
    Rather than be critical try working on one,then you will have first hand knowledge of how hard its is in pleasing clubs.
    anotherwords clubs and L.M.C. must work together in a postive frame work.
    Also must be honest with one another in good working relationship and agree with a program in partership

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

please

you must be with balla ,how can ye give out about clubs getting matches off when ye won 2 leagues by hand picking yer matches ,by the way congrats on the 3 in a row last year,the 3rd year in a row that charleville gave ye a walkover out in charleville that is.how convenient for mr cusack to fix balla out there every time charleville look for that particular game off

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops12
    you must be with balla ,how can ye give out about clubs getting matches off when ye won 2 leagues by hand picking yer matches ,by the way congrats on the 3 in a row last year,the 3rd year in a row that charleville gave ye a walkover out in charleville that is.how convenient for mr cusack to fix balla out there every time charleville look for that particular game off
    THINK YOU'LL FIND THE ONLY_1 IS A GRANVILLE MAN AND BALLA ACTUALLY PLAYED CHARLEVILLE IN THE 2ND GAME OF LAST SEASON IN CHARLEVILLE BEAT THEM 3 NIL AND AS FAR AS I REMEMBER PIKE GOT A WALK OVER FROM THEM TOO

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stop bitching and be constructive

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast