Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shels Players on Strike

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Shels Players on Strike

Just been on the radio that the Shels players have given strike notice to the club. They refused to train today and refused to play the game on Sunday unless all money due to them is paid. Ollie or Nutsy have no comment on the matter. Its with the league as it stands and the PFAI back it. Still I guess this is just a make up story as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001
    Just been on the radio that the Shels players have given strike notice to the club. They refused to train today and refused to play the game on Sunday unless all money due to them is paid. Ollie or Nutsy have no comment on the matter. Its with the league as it stands and the PFAI back it. Still I guess this is just a make up story as well.
    But they're not owed money???

No seriously though this is bad for the league. How unprofessional will the league look if the players refuse to play in the Odense game. Not too bothered about shels losing players but the league doesn't need any more reasons for people to laugh at it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    According to 98fm they are owed at least 2 weeks wages. According to unofficial sources some of the players are owed sign on fees etc, bonus's and that as well.

I agree it looks really bad but I have no doubt it will be sorted by Sunday for the time being, but surely Shels fans have to realise they don't have the money to have the team they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001
    According to 98fm they are owed at least 2 weeks wages. According to unofficial sources some of the players are owed sign on fees etc, bonus's and that as well.

I agree it looks really bad but I have no doubt it will be sorted by Sunday for the time being, but surely Shels fans have to realise they don't have the money to have the team they do.
    Read in a paper during the week (Star or Mirror can't remember) quotes from Fenlon saying no one would be leaving in the transfer window. Surely that can't be true if this is true.

Fair enough they don't have Kearney to pay but i doubt that will solve all the problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    According to FM 104, in the last few minutes Club captain Owen Heary said the players refused to train this morning and that everything is sorted out now!*

*7pm bulletin............
    Who Cares?!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think the shels squad is too big & even getting 2-3 players on loan wouldn't make any difference as they rarely play... 21 players used in the league already this season.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red
    According to FM 104, in the last few minutes Club captain Owen Heary said the players refused to train this morning and that everything is sorted out now!*

*7pm bulletin............
    Fair enough so its probably sorted for Sunday but this is obviously a bigger problem.

You cant deny the money problems anymore......What happened to the millions in investment Ollie was talking about a while back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls
    Fair enough so its probably sorted for Sunday but this is obviously a bigger problem.

You cant deny the money problems anymore......What happened to the millions in investment Ollie was talking about a while back?
    He said that 2 and half weeks ago IIRC and he said that the investement will be annouced in 2-3 weeks time but me thinks he was just saying that to buy some time...............
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Lads, can you provide sources where possible. Just dont want this to get out of hand.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well it was on the Radio

98 FM

SHELS IN CRISIS
    Shelbourne's European fixture against Odense this weekend must be in doubt. This morning - matters that have been brewing for some time came to a head as players refused to train. By all accounts - Shels players haven't been paid for over 2 weeks and their wage bill is well known to be the highest in the country at over 1 million per year. Recently they were investigated by the tax authorities and managed to pay off a bill of over 300,000 euro. Of course it's well known that Shels have been looking to sell their Tolka Park venue to ease the finances at this cash strapped club. Having talked to Club Secretary Ollie Byrne - who refused to comment on the issue - 98fm Sport have left a message on the voicemail of manager, Pat Fenlon but believe a meeting is due to held on the matter this evening.
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In the last two hours I've heard that Ollie Byrne claims to know nothing about it, Pat Fenlon has refused to comment and a senior player told me himself that it was all a load of rubbish. Take what you will out of that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27
    In the last two hours I've heard that Ollie Byrne claims to know nothing about it, Pat Fenlon has refused to comment and a senior player told me himself that it was all a load of rubbish. Take what you will out of that...
    The first 2 are lying and the player is out of the loop(wasnt Kearney by any chance......Owen Heary knew about it alright

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well perhaps we( i.e. EL Clubs) will be forced to row back on full-time football for a few years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The first 2 are lying and the player is out of the loop(wasnt Kearney by any chance......Owen Heary knew about it alright
    The first two are lying? You cant lie by refusing to comment? Eitherway, shels will train in the morning and will be playing against Odense on Sunday. That is not in any doubt. We hope you can come!!
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    He said that Ollie said (sounds like a 60s song...) that he knew nothing about it. That's different to not commenting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    The first two are lying? You cant lie by refusing to comment? Eitherway, shels will train in the morning and will be playing against Odense on Sunday. That is not in any doubt. We hope you can come!!
    his post said Ollie Byrne claimed he knew nothing about it....he's either lying or a really bad chairman.

I would travel to Dublin to watch ye complete losing an intertoto cup tie but i have better things to do (for the record i wanted ye to win)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    his post said Ollie Byrne claimed he knew nothing about it....he's either lying or a really bad chairman.

I would travel to Dublin to watch ye complete losing an intertoto cup tie but i have better things to do (for the record i wanted ye to win)
    But two people lied?? Haha. Eitherway cheers for the wanting us to win I hope you hockey Limmisol (sp?)
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Touché.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by me on another site
    This is the killer of the money boys..They have "theatened" not to fulfil their UEFA Intertoto Cup fixture Ollie Byrne and Fenlon have declined to comment on anything really.

Irelands premier club have without a doubt proved that the EL is a complete joke and that they are truly an embarassment to football.
    Thats all i can really say on the matter.

And as a Pats fan i add a Nelson Muntz styled "ha ha"

kdjac

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Lads, can you provide sources where possible. Just dont want this to get out of hand.

what?

How can it get out of hand when it was the main story in the radio bulletins all evening

And whats all the constant calls to provide sources?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast