Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting List for Germany tickets

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well Gents I was also one of the Few, who got his credit card refunded by eventim!!!

So if anyone has any spare tickets for the german game pls let us know!!

murtybyrne22@hotmail.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hi

The FAI made a balls of my application. I am a blockbooker, i sent in my email back in May. I rang them at the start of June to make sure i was on teh correct list and she said i was.

I rang again the other day asking why did i not get an application form, she said they made a mistake and put me on the general list instead of the blockbooking list, muppets!!! So no tickets!!

So I am looking for 2 also, if anyone has any spare

Thanks

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi

Stupidly I only came across the guide to eventim.de in the last week when all the tkts were gone. Have tried the FAI but no luck. Am also bidding on ebay but keep getting outbid. So if anyone had any spare tkts it would be much appreciated....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just got the dreaded email from eventim saying my credit card will soon be refunded...took them long enough as i had originally booked on the 17th June. Anyway, on the look out for just two wee tickets if anyone wants to take pity on me!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Is it me just getting very cynical in my old age or does there seem to be a fair number of posters appearing with a very low number of posts looking for tickets for this game.........................................

I am not accusing anyone of anything and no offence mean't if you've just come across the site and are heading to the game etc.... but I wouldn't put it past those pesky touts to make a few token posts before looking for some briefs at face value to sell on at a healthy profit!!
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Junior,
    yes, I'm one of those of those johnny-come-lately posters and I know it must look a bit dodgy to seasoned veterans but I only came across the site last week (don't know what I was at till then). Have been going to home games since the early 90's and apart from the friendly in Amsterdam in '04, the trip to Stuttgart will be my first full away game. just finding it hard to get the tickets, stupidly thought the hard part would be getting the flights + accom. So I am legit and its killing me to put bids on ebay and deal with these guys who are trying to make a nice profit for themselves....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleole
    Hi Junior,
    yes, I'm one of those of those johnny-come-lately posters and I know it must look a bit dodgy to seasoned veterans but I only came across the site last week (don't know what I was at till then). Have been going to home games since the early 90's and apart from the friendly in Amsterdam in '04, the trip to Stuttgart will be my first full away game. just finding it hard to get the tickets, stupidly thought the hard part would be getting the flights + accom. So I am legit and its killing me to put bids on ebay and deal with these guys who are trying to make a nice profit for themselves....
    i would imagine that there will be a few tickets flaoting around on the day of the game from genuine irish supporters. we should have a few spares but wont really know till the day of the game and can ascertain all our regular gang are sorted. Dont pay mad money to touts.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for that. Yeah, I'll see what happens closer to the game. Have some German friends who have been fairly useless (and distracted by WC) up till now. Also don't think they realised how quick off the mark the Irish are in sorting out away games! Should be good craic seeing their faces when half the stadium is in green!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin
    i would imagine that there will be a few tickets flaoting around on the day of the game from genuine irish supporters. we should have a few spares but wont really know till the day of the game and can ascertain all our regular gang are sorted. Dont pay mad money to touts.
    i would say most people that applied for fai tickets also got tickets from eventim so when the FAI ones are allocated there should be a decent amt of spares floating about. I'm sure the FAI tickets will be allocated in a few weeks leaving about 4 weeks for others to pick up spares. dont give in to touts.... was badly stung (along with many others) for Basle 03

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Is it me just getting very cynical in my old age or does there seem to be a fair number of posters appearing with a very low number of posts looking for tickets for this game.........................................

I am not accusing anyone of anything and no offence mean't if you've just come across the site and are heading to the game etc.... but I wouldn't put it past those pesky touts to make a few token posts before looking for some briefs at face value to sell on at a healthy profit!!
    I'm in me old age too! Been at matches since home v. Belgium in '87, not that regular admittedly. Discovered the site about 2 years ago, round about the time i could finally afford to go to a few away games. So i don't post much since logging on last year, check the content of my posts to see if i sound like a tout.
    Despite the credential checkers , still think its a great site, as i wouldn't have known about the block booking list and also good for sourcing tickets in general. Keep it up lads.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Lads,

im looking for one ticket if possible please

thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Newbies

[QUOTE=Junior] Is it me just getting very cynical in my old age or does there seem to be a fair number of posters appearing with a very low number of posts looking for tickets for this game.........................................

QUOTE]

I don't post a lot either but I visit the site evry day for a good read....I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to try to sort each other out for this game but I agree with you that it could probably lead to a couple of touts slipping through the net....thats the nature of the beast I suppose.

Hope I'm wrong as I've also been on the receiving end of touts, France in Lansdowne last year cost me €150 snots for a bucket seat.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempes1-0
    I'm in me old age too! Been at matches since home v. Belgium in '87, not that regular admittedly. Discovered the site about 2 years ago, round about the time i could finally afford to go to a few away games. So i don't post much since logging on last year, check the content of my posts to see if i sound like a tout.
    Despite the credential checkers , still think its a great site, as i wouldn't have known about the block booking list and also good for sourcing tickets in general. Keep it up lads.
    I think I made it perfectly clear in my post that I wasn't looking to offend any genuine fans - If you're looking to be offended, then fine, whatever floats your boat. If 'credential checker' means I don't want tickets from genuine fans on here, falling in to the hands of touts then thats what the post was intended to do, highlight that it is a possibility.

This is a fabulous site for fans to share knowledge on travel, tickets etc... I've benefited from it and I think I've contributed to it also......

Im fairly certain plenty of spare eventim tickets will become available from Irish fans once the FAI allocate the 5k tix they have.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wasn't offended really, sorry if it came across different.
    This is a fabulous site for fans to share knowledge on travel, tickets etc... I've benefited from it and I think I've contributed to it also......
    Absolutely, should make more of an effort to contribute alright

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    You're just shy...let yerself go and post away..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think I made it perfectly clear in my post that I wasn't looking to offend any genuine fans - If you're looking to be offended, then fine, whatever floats your boat. If 'credential checker' means I don't want tickets from genuine fans on here, falling in to the hands of touts then thats what the post was intended to do, highlight that it is a possibility.

Im fairly certain plenty of spare eventim tickets will become available from Irish fans once the FAI allocate the 5k tix they have.

you're dead right, you have contributed greatly to the site, moreso than many others. No offence taken and you're point was very valid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Tickets.

Lads,

I only found out about site in the star newspaper on the 14/06/06 and since then have been on everyday, Excellent site and great reads and craic!!.

I must say i was one of the lucky ones that recieved 5 tickets from eventim.de in 2 lots. My original application on the 15/06/06 was rejected but kept logging onto site and got as i said 2 lots, 3 the first time and 2 the second. As i know how hard it is too get tickets for any game i have offered the tickets to, 2 posters on here for face value (plus postage) which is nearly as dear as tickets. I hope that other fans that have spares would do the same and try and kick out all them bloody touts!!!!.

So everyone with spares save for the real fans please!!!!! Keep them posts comming and keep up the good work all!!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play to you Casso! You don't have more by any chance?!!

I wasn't offended by the posts Junior as I can see where you're coming from particularly as it looks like some of these guys seeling the tkts on ebay got the info on tkts from this site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleole
    Fair play to you Casso! You don't have more by any chance?!!

I wasn't offended by the posts Junior as I can see where you're coming from particularly as it looks like some of these guys seeling the tkts on ebay got the info on tkts from this site
    Sorry Oleole,

But if there not taken up by the lads that i have offered them too i will put on site!!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I know its a bit of a pain, but is it woirth a moderator perhaps keep one post edited with names of members who are looking for tickets, in the order of when they posted the request?

At least 'when' they become available people can see who's next in line to offer them to? just a thought..................

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast