Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Transfer Rumours 2006

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis
    Why do you laugh at Pa McGarry signing for the Boro, is he not better than what you have?

imo he is not.. good player,.dont know they guy personally, but not what club are looking for....... big into GAA, fair play but what happens when they clash..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    why sign in the first place - if he is not committed
    who said that Alan is not committed?.. has not mised any matches this year. missed very little training(work related). WILL be captain next year. One of the few players in the last few years to actually turn up for the club AGM. over the last few years not many of the so called commited boro players have ever bothered to turn up for the mosy important club meeting of the year. he seems commited to me..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair enough thats your opinion, I would think that he is twice the player as Don Fitz and better than Mike Carey for that matter. cannot see the boro winning anything big with those two in the heart of your defence imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    does P Mc Garry not play midifeld.... haven't seen him play center half.. so why compare hime to the two players mentioned. there are 3 center halfs with boro at the moment, D.Fitz, M.Houlihan, and B.Culhane. M.carey would be a great addition imo... boro lost 4 league matches this season, that was the 3rd lowest amount after carew & Pike. This with a a keeper of 19 yrs of age and three center halfs in their early 20's (22-24) imo that is a lot better than most experts thought that they would do.. having seen most matches this season, i was only genuinely disappointed with the corbally match(very poor performance) the Mungret match(**** poor attitude) and the Granville match(panicked). Pike Beat boro twice in league by odd goal. Pike deserved 1st match even though ref bottled it in last minute.. boro should have beaten pike in return leg, but C.Enright struck super goal and pike rode luck..Fai v carew was 0-0 when boro lost A.carroll and had keeper taken out just before half time. carew used this to their advantage and deservedly won......
    I remeber watching so called better players than D.Fitz bottle it in fai 1/4 & semi finals... rather have the likes of the above 3 center halfs than beter shapers who think that they are better than everybody else

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather
    does P Mc Garry not play midifeld.... haven't seen him play center half.. so why compare hime to the two players mentioned. there are 3 center halfs with boro at the moment, D.Fitz, M.Houlihan, and B.Culhane. M.carey would be a great addition imo... boro lost 4 league matches this season, that was the 3rd lowest amount after carew & Pike. This with a a keeper of 19 yrs of age and three center halfs in their early 20's (22-24) imo that is a lot better than most experts thought that they would do.. having seen most matches this season, i was only genuinely disappointed with the corbally match(very poor performance) the Mungret match(**** poor attitude) and the Granville match(panicked). Pike Beat boro twice in league by odd goal. Pike deserved 1st match even though ref bottled it in last minute.. boro should have beaten pike in return leg, but C.Enright struck super goal and pike rode luck..Fai v carew was 0-0 when boro lost A.carroll and had keeper taken out just before half time. carew used this to their advantage and deservedly won......
    I remeber watching so called better players than D.Fitz bottle it in fai 1/4 & semi finals... rather have the likes of the above 3 center halfs than beter shapers who think that they are better than everybody else
    what centre halves are you referring to that supposedly bottled it in fai matches ???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    relax leather -

mcgarry played centre half several times last season - so a comparison is fair enough to make - No?

You have missed the point I was making - I cannot see the Boro reaching the later stages of the FAI with those players, if you would prefer them to shapers thats your opinion. But I have mine and I would be hard pressed to come up with more than 3 premier teams that Dom Fitz would hold a regular place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    if you have been a boro follower , you will know to whom i refer.. the above is my opinion and i stand by it. work it out for yourself

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if you have been a boro follower , you will know to whom i refer.. the above is my opinion and i stand by it. work it out for yourself
    not a boro follower but i would be interested to know who you are talking about !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    relax leather -

mcgarry played centre half several times last season - so a comparison is fair enough to make - No?

You have missed the point I was making - I cannot see the Boro reaching the later stages of the FAI with those players, if you would prefer them to shapers thats your opinion. But I have mine and I would be hard pressed to come up with more than 3 premier teams that Dom Fitz would hold a regular place.

very relaxed Nemesis...
    My opinions are about the playing attributes of players not them personally..
    you seem to have a problem with d.fitz... mightn't be the quickest but puts team before himself.. very good in the air. there aren't a huge amout of young center halfs aroung at the moment...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headerball
    not a boro follower but i would be interested to know who you are talking about !

as deepthroat said " follow the Money"
    should read "follow the results in question..."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go to spectsavers

Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Your 'source' for Pike info is feeding you tripe obviously, seeing as Pa Mul is officially gone from Pike for over a month now, so he won't be losing anyones cash on Bennis.
    I was actually talking about Martin Mullally losing more cash,not Pa mull....Bennis is staying with pike i've been told...Committed for another year that's why he's back training with eddie hickey already... Good things to come from him for pike next year i've been told....We'll have to wait and see

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    very relaxed Nemesis...
    My opinions are about the playing attributes of players not them personally..
    you seem to have a problem with d.fitz... mightn't be the quickest but puts team before himself.. very good in the air. there aren't a huge amout of young center halfs aroung at the moment...
    good to here it!

I am lost - "My opinions are about the playing attributes of players not them personally.." Is that not what this site is about? I have no problem with D fitz as you suggest either, I just dont think he is as good as mcgarry as my posts have suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Agree With You On What This Thread Is For... Agree Mc Garry A More Natural Footballer, But More To The Game Than Natural Talent,(prep, Attitude, Discipline, Training) I Haven't Seen Mc Garry Play Center Half So I Cant Compare
    Like With Like.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    going by the above boro should have won the lot this year ,i was at the pike games and to me the boro were very poor yes they should have had peno in last min at pike field but pike should have been out of site by then,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    i was just giving my opinion on some of the boro's performances...
    aint stupid ... the best team in town won the league and went out of town in fai & mjc,,,,,

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    i was just giving my opinion on some of the boro's performances...
    aint stupid ... the best team in town won the league and went out of town in fai & mjc,,,,,

Lads, lets stick to the thread topic as this is how the last thread was closed.

Any further developments in the transfer rumour mill?

One for certain is that Ray Mc is staying with St.Michaels.
    68, 99, 08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    davy wall newmarket to pike

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale
    Lads, lets stick to the thread topic as this is how the last thread was closed.

Any further developments in the transfer rumour mill?

One for certain is that Ray Mc is staying with St.Michaels.
    and why wouldn't ray stay..top club and quality palyers and away from all the ****e the comes with playing in limerick agree?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Transfers in first division

Davy wall is not going to pike, he is happy playing with his mates at newtown. Abbeyvale i know u have left 1A but have u heard of any transfer rumours in the first division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    davy wall newmarket to pike
    can a player transfer from a club he doesn't play for to another club

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast