Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Transfer window

I've heard Sean has at one player ready to come in. I dont know any more yet.
    I was chatting to one of the Harps lads, and he tells me Chris Breen is dreadful this season. He says his confidance is shattered. Maybe, now he would take the chance and move to a different club. He did not become a bad player over night, so it must have something to do with the Finn Harps camp. I can't imagine moral being to high with the way things are going for them.
    I would take a chance on him. What do you think?
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True-one doesn't become a bad player over night but I think the figure that was mentioned at the start of the season was 20,000 euro-I dont think we have that type of money plus I dont think he is worth it either.I wonder is there any players released from English clubs that might fit in?I suppose at the end of the day it is down to money.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

raff

wat about raff cumin bac hes been galways best player by far dis season and would surly be an addition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    hopefully the new manager doesnt like him and we get him by the end of the season at the latest.Best player in the first division by a mile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads was chatting to one of the commitee during the week, thinks its a done deal with a pair of derry city players. Mark McCrystal (Centre Half) & Brian Cash (Right Winger). What you think???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    we need cover for burnsy and mcnamara..plus i do have my reservations of burnsy at premier league level

do we have any other (decent) right backs apart from peers? no..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I've said this before, Sean should be focusing on other positions before looking to sign another centre back, we have McKenzie as cover for Burns and McNamara whereas their are other positions with no cover.

As for this comment...
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer
    i do have my reservations of burnsy at premier league level
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    sorry i thought it was right back instead of winger!!!! sorry!

i think that the purchase of a right winger is pointless..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    why is the purchase of a right winger pointless.
    Hughes is class but still think he is better in the middle.
    We need someone how can get down the wing at pace like Raf used to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    i do have my reservations of burnsy at premier league level
    have u ever been to a sligo rovers match because that's probably the stupidest thing i've read on this forum since siemprered got banned. i think we need back up in every position apart from up front. mckenzie had to fill in at right back 2nite&it doesn't suit him. if macky,burns or mckenzie got injured we would have been f*cked. i think our 1st 14 is good enuff but jay, gary curran, sean kelly&co aint up to it yet in my opinion. also hughes was signed as a centre midfield player but we don't have any1 to play on the right so we cud do with brian cash. chris breen has prob obly played 3 times for harps this season i'd say. i saw him play the last 25 mins in harps game in terryland&he was ****in unbelievable so if he plays at that standard regularly he'd be a good addition but we'd still have to go through a tribunal&spend money we don't have
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva
    have u ever been to a sligo rovers match because that's probably the stupidest thing i've read on this forum since siemprered got banned.
    cheers...

he played very well 2nite but i do have reservations bout him...chill out ffs..

its just my opinion..

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    a little preview from sligorovers.com is that he has players who are up for coming over here but its not up to the board to release money for them....

one is suppose to be high profile.....angelina jolie?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lol!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Unhappy transfer window new players comming in

to all and sundry . the finances are extremely tight .the gates are hugely dissapointing. last sat night the take on the gate was only e6000. rovers have budgeted for e15000 for all home games . wage bill is e12000 and they need e3000 to caeey into each away game balance monies will then be made up by lotto , 400 club, revenue stream from astro pitch. it aint happening lads the club have being let down by its supporters. the club needs money fast or there could be a drastic situation. i have said it here in previous posts and i will say it again the town is not supporting the team. per head of population ths county and beyond are giving much better support. the population of sligo town is 23000 we should be able to get at worst 10 per cent at home games but we are not. peoples ass need to be kicked. we have a nice young team playing good football a developeing stadium excellent voluntary workers (although more help needed) but we need to put more bums on seats. if you took the 200 longford supporters from the crowd last week we had only 250 paying local supporters the rest season ticket holders and kids. i kid you not these are the facts. i feel there are a lot of genuine supporters posting to this board i am making a plea to you all please please get more people to come to the games. on top of this we dont have a home game until derry. 3 weeks wagws out the window (36000) no income from gate receipts. do the math. finance and support is needed badly. act now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This both worrying and sad - i was at the longford game and it was value for money. As for 250 people from the town - i met a fair few fans who live in galway and dublin so the figure is less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow
    to all and sundry . the finances are extremely tight .the gates are hugely dissapointing. last sat night the take on the gate was only e6000. rovers have budgeted for e15000 for all home games . wage bill is e12000 and they need e3000 to caeey into each away game balance monies will then be made up by lotto , 400 club, revenue stream from astro pitch. it aint happening lads the club have being let down by its supporters. the club needs money fast or there could be a drastic situation. i have said it here in previous posts and i will say it again the town is not supporting the team. per head of population ths county and beyond are giving much better support. the population of sligo town is 23000 we should be able to get at worst 10 per cent at home games but we are not. peoples ass need to be kicked. we have a nice young team playing good football a developeing stadium excellent voluntary workers (although more help needed) but we need to put more bums on seats. if you took the 200 longford supporters from the crowd last week we had only 250 paying local supporters the rest season ticket holders and kids. i kid you not these are the facts. i feel there are a lot of genuine supporters posting to this board i am making a plea to you all please please get more people to come to the games. on top of this we dont have a home game until derry. 3 weeks wagws out the window (36000) no income from gate receipts. do the math. finance and support is needed badly. act now
    thats bullsh1t..

300 people payed in last saturday..sorry but thats wrong!!!

the crowds are low but..300!!!
    Last edited by SligoBrewer; 08/06/2006 at 6:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Why have they budgeted for so much!!!!

thats nearly 7000-8000 at evey game!!!

whoever budgeted this much is an idiot!!!
    Is it only 2euro a game. Thats seriously good value

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i've changed it!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

password

cant get my bit o red password enabled can anyone help

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Unhappy to bull**** reply

the facts i give are not bull****. rovers have 450 season ticket holders. if you have a crowd of 1100 (like last sat night) not all are adults. firstly you must minus 450 people that leaves 650 ( a good proportion of these are youths also some oap and students. lets just say we have 300 adults @ e15 = e4500. that now leaves 350 of mix as above i.e. students. oap youth and kids. at the most this will bring in e2000. total gate receipt e6500 ( 200 of these longford fans) now do you get my drift. do not question me again cause these are the facts. i only give them to yee in the hope that people on this board will bring more supporters to the games. thats all i am here to help the club cause i love rovers. i help out let those who critisice for a change give a helping hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast